W10M Insider Preview 14327 Issues (Redstone Branch)

FAVIOLOSKY

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a xiaomi mi4 and last build was really messing with the phone utilization. Luckily this one fixed some issues but not all. I still have issues updating about 15 apps such as store, windows calculator, movies and tv, onedrive.etc for some the work around is uninstalling the app and installing it again but not for the default apps which you cant uninstall. error code is 0x80073cf6.

UPDATE: Although I didn't want to do it. I had no other option but to hard reset. That seemed to solve the issue. Just make sure you back up before the reset.

Last edited:

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I lost all my sms after a restore -_- ... I did it because I was not able to send a sms after the update. I can't sync to my phone or my pc .... Someone have an idea to download it from onedrive?

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
That app is somewhat effective. It shows old messages from before I upgraded to W10M on my 1520 back in November of 2015. All texts since then aren't accessible, for me. Maybe it is better for you?

The nice thing is that the app does let you export all texts into a .txt file but there doesn't appear to be a way to restore those messages to a phone, so far. I hope you find one!

In the meantime, I've been without SMS sync/backup for over a month with no sign of a fix forthcoming.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That app is somewhat effective. It shows old messages from before I upgraded to W10M on my 1520 back in November of 2015. All texts since then aren't accessible, for me. Maybe it is better for you?

The nice thing is that the app does let you export all texts into a .txt file but there doesn't appear to be a way to restore those messages to a phone, so far. I hope you find one!

In the meantime, I've been without SMS sync/backup for over a month with no sign of a fix forthcoming.

When I'll got free time for me, I'll try merging that txt file to Contacts+Messages backup file on SD...

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
The 950 XL wasn't able to charge, either wall outlet or USB by the PC, I wound up doing a factory reset in order to fix the problem. Since this is the first time I had to do it, after going through several builds, figure it's something in the new build caused it. I'm glad that the 950 is a test phone, that way I was able to receive the text code on my main phone, then re-install the 950. I was not left without a working phone, while the 950 took a couple hours to be able to work.
I have another Windows 10 test phone that seems to be over looked as far as getting new builds. The build is the same as my main phone, that is not an insider.
With several companies announcing lay offs, it seems to be important to try to keep all phones on new test builds. There will be a lot of people that may only able to afford an older phone,
not top of the line.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using microsd card on Lumia950? Mine cannot detect microsd card since 14332 build, no matter how to insert, just no response

I do but I haven't had probs with it. Anybody else with a 950 with newest build or previous that would go black and continue to vibrate till it restarted? Mine has been doing that since the last build. It's intermittent really but not sure what causes it.

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Build#14327 seems to be a nice build as far as my experience with that since last evening (Yes it too early as it's less than a day!!), except store app mishap. It feels peppy!! I would highly recommend to use "Feedback app" and post your upvotes and problems to MS Dev Team. Please support with your upvotes to add "Music slider" to action center.:excited:

ResonantEcho

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using microsd card on Lumia950? Mine cannot detect microsd card since 14332 build, no matter how to insert, just no response

Have been having weird issues with my sdcard since updating to 14327. At times my applications will show to be offline. After reboot all is fine.

Lumia 950 (AT&T in United States)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So far it has been running really smooth on my 950xl. I haven't noticed any issues. All my issues seemed to have been occurring first day after install. Not sure why that always happens after a build. But device is no longer getting super warm and apps aren't crashing.

I LOVE being able to delete sms conversations by swiping left! AWESOME Feature.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
When I'll got free time for me, I'll try merging that txt file to Contacts+Messages backup file on SD...
Good luck! I'll be curious to know if you can make this work, given that Microsoft seems to be convinced that I (and probably many of us) do not need our SMS backups any more. ;)

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else tried to rename their phone after a hard reset on this build? I installed it onto my backup Lumia 1520 and cannot rename it. That's surprising and disappointing.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE being able to delete sms conversations by swiping left! AWESOME Feature.

Nice I wasn't aware of this. Very awesome.

Overall, this build is great. Back on track. Last week's build was a big goof.

Also noticed that I'm finally getting store notifications for when app updates occur. Never seen that before with W10M. And Skype for Business app notifications also seem to be working consistently now. Still can't get notifications working for the Windows Central app though, that's never worked on Redstone for me.

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your update! With your information I just may give it a shot. I also have a 950XL, DS, US. Still a little sore from the last update but running 14295.1000 with no problems what so ever. Like my father use to say, "If you look for trouble, you'll find it!"
I may "look for trouble" tonight. :)

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
My issues with it

SD Card issues are still there, Netflix still will not launch, FB Messenger now works, not a single app on my SD Card will work. They show up, but are darkened out and dont launch. edit: wait, they are slowly starting to work one by one ( it is very slow though, may be able to access all my apps sometime tomorrow.. Phone refuses to connect to my computer with sd card in. Store DL's and Updates still does not clear after installing or updating apps. So, i can't re download any app that is listed in my queue. How does this get overlooked? And why in gods name is there not a way to manually remove these? Also can not move apps from phone storage to sd card. Getting error: 0x80073d0b
Edit: Found a work around for the store queue bug, you have to find a qr code, scan it, and a download will then start.
Cortana is still hit or miss.
And just found out my sd card has errors that started with this build and can not be formatted(tried every trick in the book), Sandisk is sending me a new one though.

Also, Xbox, Onedrive, and Store are destroying my battery. Each using 32% of it's power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99