W10M Insider Preview 14327 Issues (Redstone Branch)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My issues with it

SD Card issues are still there, Netflix still will not launch, FB Messenger now works, not a single app on my SD Card will work. They show up, but are darkened out and dont launch. edit: wait, they are slowly starting to work one by one ( it is very slow though, may be able to access all my apps sometime tomorrow.. Phone refuses to connect to my computer with sd card in. Store DL's and Updates still does not clear after installing or updating apps. So, i can't re download any app that is listed in my queue. How does this get overlooked? And why in gods name is there not a way to manually remove these? Also can not move apps from phone storage to sd card. Getting error: 0x80073d0b
Edit: Found a work around for the store queue bug, you have to find a qr code, scan it, and a download will then start.
Cortana is still hit or miss.
And just found out my sd card has errors that started with this build and can not be formatted(tried every trick in the book), Sandisk is sending me a new one though.

Also, Xbox, Onedrive, and Store are destroying my battery. Each using 32% of it's power.

Did you just install it? Give it a day for battery issues and such. Netflix should be working though. Maybe remove it and re-install it. But again once you install the OS initially you will have a lot of issues till things calm down. It took a day for it to stablize. It obviously does something in the background that causes issues. But you're in the unique situation where you install apps on the SDcard while I never do that, I use mine only for media/documents.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hats OFF to all of you who test the insider builds... I will stay away from these and await the official redstone release on production.

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else tried to rename their phone after a hard reset on this build? I installed it onto my backup Lumia 1520 and cannot rename it. That's surprising and disappointing.

Yes it's a issue with this build.you can upvote for this issue in feedback app.

praveenchand

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else tried to rename their phone after a hard reset on this build? I installed it onto my backup Lumia 1520 and cannot rename it. That's surprising and disappointing.

if you click inside the text box couple of times before hitting save button then name will be changed. Same applicable to change the mobile hotspot name and password.

ResonantEcho

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
One benefit I noticed with this build. Text messages from backup have finally started to return. This wasn't the case with the prior versions on the Redstone build.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
950XL, DS (only 1 installed), USA Build: 14327

My Screenshot doesn’t seem to be working.

Also, last night I did a SD check, everything was fine – pulled up and played videos, lick-a-dee split. Read that a poster was having trouble with their SD Card, so I did another test of the SD card (No apps are installed on the SD card), and this time the video folders were having a problem populating; a retry seemed to lock up the SD video files completely. After a soft reset the SD Card video file recall and execution is again lick-a-dee split.

I think that my screenshot problem is the reason for to the SD video file malfunction. And that my screenshot problem might be the result of my attempting to take a screenshot of an Adobe Acrobat Pro CC .PDF file, and my doing something that did not fall within the proper algorithm during the process of trying to share that screenshot? Is this possible?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
That app is somewhat effective. It shows old messages from before I upgraded to W10M on my 1520 back in November of 2015. All texts since then aren't accessible, for me. Maybe it is better for you?

The nice thing is that the app does let you export all texts into a .txt file but there doesn't appear to be a way to restore those messages to a phone, so far. I hope you find one!

In the meantime, I've been without SMS sync/backup for over a month with no sign of a fix forthcoming.

Otherwise, how is this build working on your 1520?

On my 1520.3, so far, everything is working well, EXCEPT that it burns through the battery extremely fast, this morning from 100% to 0% in an hour (just like on 14322). I hope my 1520 isn't alone on this due to some fault.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
950XL, DS, US

- Got rid of the app hangs (still had to pause/resume) to do it, but all clear; currently.
- Netflix and OneDrive still don't open
- Wireless charging works fine.
- Cortana not reacting to voice
- Hello (iris scan) working
- Voice playback works on apps (eg: AED)
- had to sign in to Skype, but it works.
- sent and received pictures via messenger with no problem.
- phone running cool to the touch

update:
- Glance working
- Notifications working

FWIIW, So far, WhatsApp, Netflix, and OneDrive are running fine on my 1520.3, as far as I can tell. (My big problem is battery drains extremely fast, like in an hour. And it seems hot, especially on wifi.) Every device is different though.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Otherwise, how is this build working on your 1520?

On my 1520.3, so far, everything is working well, EXCEPT that it burns through the battery extremely fast, this morning from 100% to 0% in an hour (just like on 14322). I hope my 1520 isn't alone on this due to some fault.
It's running pretty well on the 1520 other than "Messaging Everywhere" being more like "Messaging Nowhere" for me. The battery doesn't seem to be running hard nor does it get hot. I have done a couple of hard resets on it, so maybe that is the difference between us? (Aside from me running with an AT&T model of the 1520, anyway).

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
FWIIW, So far, WhatsApp, Netflix, and OneDrive are running fine on my 1520.3, as far as I can tell. (My big problem is battery drains extremely fast, like in an hour. And it seems hot, especially on wifi.) Every device is different though.

WhatsApp: works.
Onedrive...Just now kicked in :)
Netflix: no joy (uninstalled, and reinstalled 3 times, no happy ending:)

Battery draining a little fast, not terrible.

OH MY...Netflix is as I type; kick'n in....Happy Ending!

update: Netflix no longer Opening

Last edited:

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
One benefit I noticed with this build. Text messages from backup have finally started to return. This wasn't the case with the prior versions on the Redstone build.
It's not just redstone that do not return, it's production as well. My wife upgraded her phone and is at 218? and no old messages have returned yet. My 950xl on latest redstone not back either.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My experience so far on Lumia 950DS has been mixed. Definitely better than the previous build. My observations:
- Windows Hello is working again but the Redstone bug where Windows Hello prevents setting a time to lock the device is still present. Highly irritating. After using phone without Hello for a week, I realized how convenient it is to just swipe up and open the phone in the 15 min before it locks.
- Cortana does not read my messages over Bluetooth
- Groove app fails to play when tracks are advanced by Bluetooth or in the app. The error, "another app is controlling your sound at the moment..." Soft reset fixes and sporadically it will rectify itself after a few minutes.
- Damn flight mode quick action tile flashes after turning off flight mode.
- Battery life seems unchanged from previous RS builds.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you just install it? Give it a day for battery issues and such. Netflix should be working though. Maybe remove it and re-install it. But again once you install the OS initially you will have a lot of issues till things calm down. It took a day for it to stablize. It obviously does something in the background that causes issues. But you're in the unique situation where you install apps on the SDcard while I never do that, I use mine only for media/documents.
Installed it last night. Have a 640xl, only have 5.5 gb available to me, have to install spps to sd, Netflix has been uninstalled and re installed countless times, still wont work. Many others are having the same issue according to Netflix rating in the store.

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I went looking for trouble and...I didn't find it! Man, this build (14327) is so much better than the last (14322) Most thing seems to be running better only that my camscanner app won't open. Did a restart and a soft restart but the app won't open. Camera is working fine and so far, not other issues noted. So I would say update away!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos