W10M Insider Preview 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

950XL, DS, USA, Build:14328.1

- No app hangs.
- OneDrive not opening yet (last update took about 3 hrs to be able to open)
- Wireless charging works fine.
- Cortana not reacting to voice
- Type (letters - caps & regs) not registering in textbox in Cortana (but activates a flyout screen list)
- Type (letters - caps & regs) ARE registering FINE in Edge
- Hello (iris scan) working
- Voice playback works on apps (eg: AED) EVEN when BT is “ON”.
- sent pictures via messenger with no problem (had to wait until finishing touches was done).
- Unable to send a 6sec video via message.
- WAS able to send a 3sec video via message, but was not able to be viewed my recipient.
- Unable to receive pictures via messenger; at the moment.
- phone running cool to the touch
- Able to change Sim’s Name
- Screenshots work.
- Glance working (shuts off when face down, activates with motion)
- Notifications working (sight and sound)

Not loading: Rawer, OneDrive
Working: Maps, (including over BT), Groove (on all my BT devices, but not SAVI 720 HS), WhatsApp, Netflix, Skype

Nice build

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Having problems with Quick Actions.

If you try to change one of the toggle off, for some reason other toggle go off automatically. I ended up with just on Quick Action active.

Do you guys know any workaround for this issue?

Smaller thumbs???? ":^)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I just noticed that when my 950XL DS, USA, had resumed from sleep and was still in Cortana, the text box was Gray in color; and as a result I could see the letters that I had put in as a test BEFORE it went to sleep. The Letters I saw in the grayed texted box where White in color. As soon as I started to type on the pop up keyboard - still in Cortana - the grayed texted box turned back to White, and my letters disappeared (appearently a case of: White on White for me)?

Update: when going from Settings>Personalization>Colors>Chose your mode>Light............TO: DARK; I was able to see the typed letters is the Textbox (for Cortana Search). I could then switch back to Light, and type was still visible.

Last edited:

swiz#WP

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

On my Lumia 950 cellular data is not working at all. When I try to go in settings to Cellular and SIM the settings app hangs and then crashes. If I try to toggle data from action center the phone hangs and I need to do soft reset. Have anyone found a workaround?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Tweetium, Skype for Business, 6tag all still broken. Everything else - well so far so good...

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

On my Lumia 950 cellular data is not working at all. When I try to go in settings to Cellular and SIM the settings app hangs and then crashes. If I try to toggle data from action center the phone hangs and I need to do soft reset. Have anyone found a workaround?

Dual sim?2 sims loaded?
I am on the same boat.
Send feedback to address the problem.
The work around is to use one sim only...

Last edited:

Ivan S Vukcevic

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

I have updated to this build too, I have 950 XL dual sim and I cannot do nothing regarding sim setting or cellular and sim... I did hard reset and nothing happened. It's impossible to use both sim cards, cannot send or receive any message. It started w/ 14327 build two days ago. Please, someone inform MSFT that this version is too bad.

Wise Desi

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

So far so good, nothing Major noticed from previous build but liking last few builds.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Hahaha. That's was a good one, but seriously, do you know how to solve it?

Charles; Sorry, I am not experiencing this behavior on my 950XL DS (only 1-sim installed). I tried to create your symptoms, but am unable to.

Did you:
- try going into Settings>System>Notification & actions and rearranging the Icons in a different configuration?
- press & hold the quick action icon(s) on the drop-down notification screen, to see if one, or more, of the press-to-activate/deactivate-icons lead you to an additional setting(s)?
- do a soft-reset?
- report it through the Feedback Hub?

good luck!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Annoyances still exist:

-Half screen black when unlocking after restart
- All apps list bug
- Start menu tiles bug

Is no one else noticing these?

Suggestion:

- I think they should reduce the "restart" time on the power button. Currently if you hold the power button for 10 seconds, the phone reboots. They should reduce it to about five.

Other than that, build seems the same as 14327

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Annoyances still exist:

- All apps list bug
- Start menu tiles bug

Suggestion:

- I think they should reduce the "restart" time on the power button. Currently if you hold the power button for 10 seconds, the phone reboots. They should reduce it to about five.

I didn't even know you could hold button to reboot!

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Three problems camera, Cortana and battery, camera start but touch on capture button does nothing, similarly Cortana doesn't listen, battery life is quite low, last for 10-12 hours, while it was 16-17 hours on WP 8.1

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
On my unlocked dual-SIM 950 (using only one SIM) I cannot make phone calls (AT&T). I can receive them, but when I try to call out (either dialing or through address book) it says that I have to turn cellular on, but it is already. I have tried a number of things - nothing works.

LTE is fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The best redstone build till now. I have noticed absolutely 0 bugs on my 950XL (didn't hard reset) and none of the bugs mentioned above. Maybe I am just lucky.

Miss Skype integration, hope the UWP app drops soon.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

hmmm. I seem to be having an issue with this build. Can't open any app. most are just sitting at pending but even the ones that claim to be installed just display a white screen and then close back to the start screen.
how long did everyone leave this install to settle?

I had same problem. After 3 soft resets, most apps open normally

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Annoyances still exist:

- All apps list bug
- Start menu tiles bug

Suggestion:

Still experiencing "loading" screens when opening apps likes:

Cortana
Phone
Alarams
Messaging
People

Maybe the lumia 640 is just not fast enough?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't found the usual release mobile blog, with fixes and iussues list. Where I can found it? I found only for desktop.
I need to know if they added new languages and fixed Cortana for non UK, US, FR, SP users

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte