The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-28-2016 01:42 PM
183 12345 ...
tools
    Already done everything. Shoul i replace the battery? Currently its 18% down in just 20 minutes.

Sent from mTalk
    First try twice a recalibration as wrote above, then if doesn't change look for a new battery
    04-23-2016 05:40 AM
    Hello.
    I can't install language packs, set everything to US, and always get download error, can't see error code ins this build, 14322 was unusable on my L 930, so I did use the recovery, than updated to W10 production using Upgrade advisor. Wasn't able to download language. Tried downloading first (default is pt-br) not work, changed everything to US first than downloading the pack, not work. The language pack is stuck at speech options every time I restart the phone it try to download again. What am I doing wrong?
    04-23-2016 05:40 AM
    What to do in case I want to download the speech for a certain language.
    When I try to add a language there's an empty list there. Is there any workaround?
    04-23-2016 05:41 AM
    It's funny that i've never seen anyone complain about the photos app bug. I submitted feedback about it too but never even got one upvote

Open Photos App
    Go to "Albums"
    Select any album there
    Open a picture, any picture.
    Hit the back button .
    Look at the bottom right hand corner - The "Select" option is gone.

This does not happen in collection view or in folders.. Only in albums.
    Yes, you are correct, same thing on my 950XL DS
    ttsoldier likes this.
    04-23-2016 06:30 AM
    Does anyone managed mobile hotspot to work?
    I can connect but there is no internet.
    640 XL
    Ups. My bad! Hotsopt is working. Just my pc show connected but no internet. I don't know why.
    Last edited by maka1105; 04-23-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    04-23-2016 08:32 AM
    Does anyone managed mobile hotspot to work?
    I can connect but there is no internet.
    640 XL
    640 XL Redstone 14328 here
    Can access internet . Did you turn on your cellular data connection?
    04-23-2016 08:41 AM
    Stuck app installs, dup apps on Start Menu fixed using workaround Gabe described in post. Saw issue on both PC and Mobile versions.

Games like 0h h1 and 0h n0, still won't run. Problem since 14295. Lumia 640XL

New Cortana features seem to work good, including using her from Lock Screen.
    PC Cortana doesn't seem to know about my L640XL even though they are both on the same version. This means I can't use the Find my Phone feature.

Not seeing any major functionality issue so far on any of these devices:
    - Lumia 640XL
    - Dell XPS 18 (1820) running not in Tablet Mode

Just powered on my Dell Venue Pro 8 (5830) and it blue screened with Critical Process Died before Lock Screen. Restarted and able to login fine.
    Tablet mode seems to be working better. Launching Chrome brings it up without having to go back to Start Screen and back. Auto hide Taskbar is nice. Nice to be able to switch between Pinned Tiles and All Apps views.

Will update if any issues show up.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    04-23-2016 09:36 AM
    It's funny that i've never seen anyone complain about the photos app bug. I submitted feedback about it too but never even got one upvote

Open Photos App
    Go to "Albums"
    Select any album there
    Open a picture, any picture.
    Hit the back button .
    Look at the bottom right hand corner - The "Select" option is gone.

This does not happen in collection view or in folders.. Only in albums.
    I have this on official OTA Threshold (10586.218) no Insider on my 1520. Never would have noticed it without your instruction set. Seems it must have been there all along?

holding power button is not recommended, that's NOT A REBOOT and could bring unpredictable long term result.
    the only official soft reset is vol down + power holding. That's the same of CTRL +ALT + CANC
    Lumias don't got a reboot key or sequence like a desktop. Every different action may corrupt system files
    Older phones have the 2 Button Reset (Volume Down + Power) and newer ones support 1 Button Reset. The lists showing feature sets for 8.1 devices has been deprecated so I cannot link to it and the new lists only show the built for 10 phones. FAQ - Which features does my Lumia with Windows 10 support?

Wait 10 seconds and dark screen with vibration is the cue you have a Soft Reset.

2 Button still works on 1 Button Reset models though.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 04-23-2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: corrected link
    mtf1380 and ttsoldier like this.
    04-23-2016 12:19 PM

Older phones have the 2 Button Reset (Volume Down + Power) and newer ones support 1 Button Reset. The lists showing feature sets for 8.1 devices has been deprecated so I cannot link to it and the new lists only show the built for 10 phones. http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=tpstbSdu
    link brings Error 500

Thank you mod, I never heard before about the one key soft reset on 550, 650, 950
    ttsoldier likes this.
    04-23-2016 12:22 PM
    With this build Groove is driving me nuts. I cannot skip songs/artists without it suddenly not able to play anything unless I exit Groove and wait some period of time. I get the following error:

Can't play
    Another app is controlling your sound

0xc00d4e85

I've tried a soft-reset .. no dice. Anyone else experience this?

-Simmer
    04-23-2016 12:33 PM
    640 XL Redstone 14328 here
    Can access internet . Did you turn on your cellular data connection?
    You can't turn on hotspot without cellular data on. Just my pc show connected but no internet. I don't know why.
    Any other device can go to the internet over mob hotspot. It's working.
    04-23-2016 12:40 PM
    More of an observation rather than a problem. Noticed this after the last couple of updates in regards to post-installation restart.

image.jpg

The yellow message is hilarious because there is no "attempt" at a restart automatically after the installation. Clicking 'Restart now' works.
    04-23-2016 12:53 PM
    text messaging are not loading from the backup? anybody has this issue? any idea to solve it?
    bomand and theotrucker like this.
    04-23-2016 12:55 PM
    T-Mobile wi-fi calling settings missing under "SIM settings" ,
    wifi calling appears to not work now on build 14328 (or on 14327 before)
    Lumia 640
    04-23-2016 12:57 PM
    link brings Error 500
    Should be fixed... If the error continues, try clearing browser cache.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-23-2016 01:00 PM
    Should be fixed... If the error continues, try clearing browser cache.
    However I own a 650. Ill try myself the difference. Thank you
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-23-2016 01:03 PM
    With this build Groove is driving me nuts. I cannot skip songs/artists without it suddenly not able to play anything unless I exit Groove and wait some period of time. I get the following error:

Can't play
    Another app is controlling your sound

0xc00d4e85

I've tried a soft-reset .. no dice. Anyone else experience this?

-Simmer
    I'm getting the exact same issue using my 950XL. I will queue up a list to play over Bluetooth and it will play just fine. However, if I try and skip a song or choose another playlist, Groove will cycle through all the songs and then display error 0xc00d4e85 and keep giving me the error. After a restart, it will give the exact same error without fail. This only happens to me over Bluetooth though.
    04-23-2016 02:16 PM
    text messaging are not loading from the backup? anybody has this issue? any idea to solve it?

I had the same problem with missing text messages after rolling back to TH.218 after trying RS 14316. And also several quick actions swaped place after the roll back with recovery tool.
    04-23-2016 02:28 PM
    When I record a video, the screen is flickering and so is the playback. Haven't seen this before, Lumia 1520
    04-23-2016 03:11 PM
    Why are there TWO different Glance screen apps? If you go to the main Settings screen and do a search for Glance, two different apps show up.
    04-23-2016 03:19 PM
    Mobile hotspot working fine on my 1520, and to the person with the Groove issues, honestly on 327 Groove would only start on a restart for half hour or so and when it did, just about every part of it was a pain, for me (And it all seems a bit objective for all of us) 328 and Groove are made for each other.
    04-23-2016 05:22 PM
    That's interesting.. on my 950, this is the most debilitating issue I've had with Groove from almost any build. There have definitely been some usability bugs over various builds, but nothing as ridiculous as this.
    04-23-2016 05:35 PM
    Did you follow the check list? WIn10 official build works fine on 930

1 - logout video skype
    2 - disable sync in Edge
    3 - disable all unused background Apps
    4 - disable Video upload in OneDrive
    5 - disable in Photo "Show OneDrive pics"
    6 IMPORTANT - In settings, Diagnostics, put data to BASE

Let phone wait two days, and if continues jumping % try a full discarge followed by a full charge all night long (recalibration)
    Not sure why you would recommend setting Diagnostics to base. The whole point of the insider program is to provide microsoft with data/feedback.

Setting it to base would defeat the purpose of it. I would recommend base if you are on an official build. But even on my surface pro 4 which is not on insider, i have it set to full.
    04-23-2016 06:18 PM
    I have this on official OTA Threshold (10586.218) no Insider on my 1520. Never would have noticed it without your instruction set. Seems it must have been there all along?

Older phones have the 2 Button Reset (Volume Down + Power) and newer ones support 1 Button Reset. The lists showing feature sets for 8.1 devices has been deprecated so I cannot link to it and the new lists only show the built for 10 phones. FAQ - Which features does my Lumia with Windows 10 support?

Wait 10 seconds and dark screen with vibration is the cue you have a Soft Reset.

2 Button still works on 1 Button Reset models though.
    It seems to have been there for a while. But i felt like i was the only person it was happening to. I never saw anyone mention it before and it drives me nuts. lol

Thanks for clearing up the button reset feature.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-23-2016 06:19 PM
    I don't no if its a new feature but i noticed that we can now hide the volume slider by just tapping on a different part of the screen.
    ttsoldier and Ariman Amin like this.
    04-23-2016 08:54 PM
183 12345 ...