W10M Insider Preview 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

kevincbarbosalion

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

MTF1380,

I factory reseted my phone, didn't work. So this morning, I used the Microsoft Lumia Recovery Tool. Still no luck

kevincbarbosalion

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

Windows Hello looks like it wants to be there, but it isn't. In Settings--> Accounts--> Sign-in Options, it shows PIN and then right underneath there shows a Smiley Face, but there is nothing else...

WHSdad

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the 1520. Seems to be running fine. Sometimes double tap to wake doesn't work but that is minor. Since others are talking about hey Cortana not working i tried it and it doesn't work either but I have never used it anyways. The only app that doesn't work for me that I have found is tweetium but twitter will do for now. Battery life is about what it has been on the other builds but not near as good as 8.1.

kevincbarbosalion

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I dont know if you activated it, but it needs to be manually activated. In other words, Settings--> Personalization--> Lock Screen, and make sure the option is set to "on" (last option on my phone). I as well battled for a while but then I found out that even if you had it set to "on" in the previous update, in this update you needed to activate it once again. I dont know if that is your case...

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I like the direction of everything - BUT, I do wish that they would re-incorporate the old method of operating the camera. With the my old 920; when I wanted to take some pictures (and was in a hurry - walking through a factory, or a convention), all I had to do was tap the part of the screen I wanted to focus on, DONE...focused and picture snap; LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this feature!!!! This method was so quick, and very easy to do with one hand. The current camera is so much better (hell, EVERYTHING'S better), but I find it difficult to operate quickly and one handed:(

I also hope that the remaining wrinkles in the camera are ironed out soon, I missed a GREAT shot of one of the dogs today because I had to do a soft-restart to re-activate the camera:(

VIVA LA MSFT!!!!
I agree. The Camera App makes my 950xl very hot, and when taking several shots starts "Saving", which causes missed shots. Also sometimes crashes the phone, casing need for soft reset. MS needs to reprioritize Camera to the top, as that was at least one feature where we beat iOS and Android

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this exact same problem. I cab usually play one or two songs and then nothing else is playable until I do a soft reset on the phone.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Messaging Everywhere, sign out from PC and mobile, sign in from mobile and then form PC, every time I want to use Messaging Everywhere, I have to repeat these steps, any workaround for this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Omg, the here maps & here drive has been removed after this update. Why is that ?

Its a known quantity that HERE won't provide Apps for W10M, though support for 8.1 and lower will continue

Microsoft will continue to use HERE Maps data but many questions remain | Windows Central

FWIW, Maps on W10M has turn by turn with voice and draws from the HERE database for its mapping. Yes you can download the same mapping data as HERE for offline nav with Maps. Also in W10M you can save maps to SD card.

You cannot download voicepacks to get a nav voice distinct from system voice.

You can import HERE Collections to Maps Favorites by using this tool on PC in a browser: Maps Favorites Importer

Our Blog has you covered with alternatives for W10M as well: Check out these great alternatives to HERE Maps for Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the latest Redstone build and yesterday I did a hard reset for the first time since I bought my L920 (currently using L950XL) and did not use the backup when setting up the phone again.

Problems I had, but are gone now after I did the hard reset:
- random restarts
- sudden black screen and constant vibration (only solution was a soft reset), usually happened when I got an sms
- apps not opening
- Cortana would suddenly close all the time

The speed of the entire OS is also been amazing since I did the hard reset. It's well worth it!

fahadaslam2000

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I do not think that it's your battery. My 640 DS, suddenly, from this build onwards, has started to last only 10-12 hours after a charge, while it used to last 24+ hours up until the build before 14327.

Also, apps like 6tag, UC Browser do not open anymore. Camera no more captures living Images, and if it by chance does,Save Photos from Living Images no more works, popping up an error that something went wrong. FM Radio is still missing out from the phone; Glance Screen no more has the peek feature! App loading time has increased to as long as 15 seconds for many apps like WhatsApp; Instagram (Beta) does not reads my photos library, though it might be an issue of the app. No issues with dual sim and using cellular data from SIM2 though.

fahadaslam2000

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Navigation does not work for me if I do not set a destination like it used to work in HERE Drive+. It used to provide basic data like the speed I am driving at and speed limits in the area.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Glance is slower refreshing, guess will be fixed when old core app will be removed.
Keyborad sometimes doesn't appear when opening apps directly from message notifies.
Adding words to personal dictionary still not working

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Issues I've noticed on my Lumia 830 so far (before and after hard reset):-

1. The Glance screen, if enabled from Settings > Personalisation, doesn't work properly. It appears to be shifted upwards and also it doesn't respond to motions like hovering my hand over the phone or picking up the phone itself. As a fix, I enabled it from Extras. And now it works as expected.

2. The capacitive buttons issue on lock screen has still not been fixed. Pressing and holding the back button triggers one-handed mode and the Start button triggers Cortana while search button does nothing.

3. Media controls on lock screen crash the music playback when skipping songs.

4. After hard reset, the quick action buttons have started behaving weird while customising them in the Settings app. Only one quick action button is remaining in the action centre with no known fix 😫. Hard resetting again also doesn't guarantee that this issue will be fixed.

5. The screen brightness is changing again and again for no apparent reason. Automatic brightness is also disabled and still it's happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo