04-28-2016 01:42 PM
183 ... 5678
tools
    Running 14328 on my Icon (Relabeled to 930)
    so far I am not seeing any major issues
    Camera has messed up a couple of times.

Call quality is great
    No resets or shutdowns
    Battery life is good

Hey Cortana works
    as does Cortana Triggers

Nothing that is going to force me to revert back.
    04-25-2016 08:42 PM
    I feel like I read this somewhere before but I can't find it, after downloading and installing 14328 my band2 no longer is recognized by the health app when it is connected and doesn't receive notifications for texts and such. I can control my music though, so that's a plus right?! Am I going crazy or do the preview builds and the bands not like each other?
    04-25-2016 09:00 PM
    Windows Hello is working OK since the previous build. Glance screen seems OK.
    Not getting the input problem with Edge, all letters work.

950xl here also.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Dude, i have 950xl dual sim, and facing mobile data on/off toggle issue do you have the same ??
    04-25-2016 09:18 PM
    On Lumia 735, just updated tonight from 14295. Performance seems lightning fast in comparison. I noticed the "Pending" bug with my app list, did a soft reset and it's so far so good. Will be carrying my iPhone with me over the next few days just in-case; not sure I'll be using this as my DD.
    04-25-2016 09:37 PM
    Does anyone know why the native FM radio tuner disappeared in Redstone?
    Perhaps most importantly, will it be returning? Thanks.
    04-25-2016 11:18 PM
    Third party browsers(UC, Opera) are not opening.. And in groove music player stuck while opening some times...any one facing this issues? My mobile model: L830
    04-26-2016 12:58 AM
    Dude, i have 950xl dual sim, and facing mobile data on/off toggle issue do you have the same ??
    Most dual phones have this problem.
    I have 950.
    If you try to restart maybe 10-15 times you get cellular back.In next restart you loose it again.
    Remove one sim.Then after 1-3 restarts you get it.No other solution exists
    Undefeatable likes this.
    04-26-2016 02:19 AM
    text messaging are not loading from the backup? anybody has this issue? any idea to solve it?
    I also hit the same issue
    04-26-2016 05:03 AM
    I'm on the latest Redstone build and yesterday I did a hard reset for the first time since I bought my L920 (currently using L950XL) and did not use the backup when setting up the phone again.

Problems I had, but are gone now after I did the hard reset:
    - sudden black screen and constant vibration (only solution was a soft reset), usually happened when I got an sms
    The speed of the entire OS is also been amazing since I did the hard reset. It's well worth it!
    I also hit this issue on 950 XL when get sms or email. Try reset with fresh this build but cannot resolve
    This issue happen everyday so I roll back official build
    04-26-2016 05:09 AM
    Edge browser, can't type certain letters in address bar. They work everywhere else!
    Seams like it's like only lower case letters.
    For me for instance a w y are not working.
    On my lumia 950xl
    Same in my Lumia 930.
    Every time I type "mo" a message pops up saying that "Web Annotations are not available".
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    I can't post photos on Twitter that were taken with the camera - it says 'Image could not be loaded.'

Saved images are ok.

Tried dropping to 5mp to keep file size down but still doesn't work.

This has only been an issue on the latest 2 Redstone builds. If I roll back to Threshold release I can post fine.
    04-26-2016 07:43 AM
    On my 950XL, this build needs a soft reset (power + vol down) at least 3 times a day. I have been using messaging a lot lately, and yesterday texting a few friends for a extended period of time and it just will randomly lock up... 3 minutes in or 5 hours...

**ANY SUGGESTIONS** ?? Please?

otherwise, the only other reason I got it was Messaging EVERYWHERE (beta) and that works 60% of the time. Also, Lockscreen music controls are near impossible to see and almost never work... I am gonna rollback, unless someone has a suggest.
    04-26-2016 08:16 AM
    I can't even get edge to open at all on 328... Same issues with Groove as everyone too.
    04-26-2016 10:17 AM
    Nope. Definitely not. There are several entries on the Feedback app, some with almost 500 upvotes to show that.
    I was one of those 500 upvotes until I did this method as mentioned previously and now have all my texts from last year. All my apps work and have no real issue to report with this build using my 950XL dual sim. Before that I was stuck with apps and a store that wouldn't work (kept crashing) and sms/mms that would not restore just like any other previous Redstone build.
    04-26-2016 10:34 AM
    I was one of those 500 upvotes until I did this method as mentioned previously and now have all my texts from last year. All my apps work and have no real issue to report with this build using my 950XL dual sim. Before that I was stuck with apps and a store that wouldn't work (kept crashing) and sms/mms that would not restore just like any other previous Redstone build.
    My point is that you cannot represent the problem as being broadly fixed with regard to SMS/MMS restores. It's awesome that you're fixed up. There are still plenty of folks who still have problems. So bear that in mind when you recommend a hard reset. There are no guarantees, even on the Production ring, that SMS/MMS will restore with any timeliness (if ever).

Instead, its better to caution folks to install the contacts+messages backup app, backup SMS/MMS, copy the backup to a PC and then a hard reset is an option.
    da1stprince and mtf1380 like this.
    04-26-2016 10:48 AM
    My point is that you cannot represent the problem as being broadly fixed with regard to SMS/MMS restores. It's awesome that you're fixed up. There are still plenty of folks who still have problems. So bear that in mind when you recommend a hard reset. There are no guarantees, even on the Production ring, that SMS/MMS will restore with any timeliness (if ever).

Instead, its better to caution folks to install the contacts+messages backup app, backup SMS/MMS, copy the backup to a PC and then a hard reset is an option.
    Agreed. Every measure should be taken to do backups on whatever info you want to keep moving forward. My intent was not to assert that the issue was fixed on a broad scale but to just let it be known that progress is being made. I advised to wipe using WDRT and update to this latest build not just in relation to sms/mms (if even related) but to fix other Os related issues... Thanks for the feedback
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    04-26-2016 11:15 AM
    Agreed. Every measure should be taken to do backups on whatever info you want to keep moving forward. My intent was not to assert that the issue was fixed on a broad scale but to just let it be known that progress is being made. I advised to wipe using WDRT and update to this latest build not just in relation to sms/mms (if even related) but to fix other Os related issues... Thanks for the feedback
    Good deal. My reaction is due to two basic problems related to this topic:

A) Microsoft absolutely did NOT make it broadly known that the "contacts+messaging backup" app is even out there. And even after they released the app, it took them some time (apparently) to make it so that phones that don't have SD card slots could backup their content and save it to the PC via the Documents folder on the phone. Ugh.

B) Folks here on Windows Central, be it on the News Page or here in the forums, often forget to stick that "backup, backup, backup" mantra on everything. :) Especially in light of the fact that the "contacts+messaging backup" app not getting enough time in the spotlight for it to be what I would think of as being "common knowledge." We have so many new folks who aren't always the most technically-aware jumping into these Insider builds to play with the new features (like Messaging Everywhere) and getting burned when things don't work well ("because it's a beta!") that I get concerned about stuff like this.

I'm also disappointed that the more recent builds of W10M haven't just automatically included the app in the "Extras" section. I certainly did not know about the app until after I was already screwed up, myself. Thus, my overall annoyance with the topic. ;)

For myself, I've become rather burned by Microsoft's clear and obvious inability to fix this annoying problem with any speed. It's also bad that they took it upon themselves to change the way the backend servers behave (to prepare for Messaging Everywhere, I assume) without warning anyone that they were doing maintenance that could impact the ability to restore SMS/MMS.

The fact that we don't have an easy way to know that they're receiving and reacting to important problems like this is frustrating. A "big deal" or a "dealbreaker" as a Windows Mobile fan? Nah.. but still - the "radio silence" from them (until recently via Twitter) has been a pain point for me.

Anyway - it's cool. Glad we got this hashed out and thanks for helping folks out here!
    da1stprince and mtf1380 like this.
    04-26-2016 11:21 AM
    Once again, Cortana has stopped announcing incoming texts, even though I DO have it for text ALWAYS ON. I FREQUENTLY have lockups that force me to force it to reboot. The camera is a complete disaster at this point. Any pretense that the 950 camera is even on par with, much less superior to, the LUMIA 1020 is nothing but a lie. The ONLY thing that can be honestly said about the 950 camera is that it's faster. I can't even get it to focus on MANUAL correctly half the time on this build. I loaded back to the original W10 that it came with and the camera behaves and the images are passable - but definitely not as good as what I get from my 1020.
    04-26-2016 11:40 AM
    Good deal. My reaction is due to two basic problems related to this topic:

A) Microsoft absolutely did NOT make it broadly known that the "contacts+messaging backup" app is even out there. And even after they released the app, it took them some time (apparently) to make it so that phones that don't have SD card slots could backup their content and save it to the PC via the Documents folder on the phone. Ugh.

B) Folks here on Windows Central, be it on the News Page or here in the forums, often forget to stick that "backup, backup, backup" mantra on everything. :) Especially in light of the fact that the "contacts+messaging backup" app not getting enough time in the spotlight for it to be what I would think of as being "common knowledge." We have so many new folks who aren't always the most technically-aware jumping into these Insider builds to play with the new features (like Messaging Everywhere) and getting burned when things don't work well ("because it's a beta!") that I get concerned about stuff like this.

I'm also disappointed that the more recent builds of W10M haven't just automatically included the app in the "Extras" section. I certainly did not know about the app until after I was already screwed up, myself. Thus, my overall annoyance with the topic. ;)

For myself, I've become rather burned by Microsoft's clear and obvious inability to fix this annoying problem with any speed. It's also bad that they took it upon themselves to change the way the backend servers behave (to prepare for Messaging Everywhere, I assume) without warning anyone that they were doing maintenance that could impact the ability to restore SMS/MMS.

The fact that we don't have an easy way to know that they're receiving and reacting to important problems like this is frustrating. A "big deal" or a "dealbreaker" as a Windows Mobile fan? Nah.. but still - the "radio silence" from them (until recently via Twitter) has been a pain point for me.

Anyway - it's cool. Glad we got this hashed out and thanks for helping folks out here!
    All good, anything I can do to help the windows community
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    04-26-2016 11:51 AM
    My battery is much better with this build. My only issues are I have 4 ;apps which are stuck in pending clear my band, hope calendar, scanwritr pro and timestamp pro, the last two being myappfree downloads. If I could get clear my band and hope calendar to download and the other two apps just go away it would all be great
    04-26-2016 12:46 PM
    My battery is much better with this build. My only issues are I have 4 ;apps which are stuck in pending clear my band, hope calendar, scanwritr pro and timestamp pro, the last two being myappfree downloads. If I could get clear my band and hope calendar to download and the other two apps just go away it would all be great
    The workaround to this is to start a download of another app from the store but immediately hit "Pause All" on the download list then click "Resume All". Should clear that up for you.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-26-2016 03:03 PM
    Wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_Mobile states that this release have this:
    "Added the ability to reset the data of an app in case of corruption"
    Does anyone knows how this functions?
    04-26-2016 04:17 PM
    An other build (14332) with some new bugs, enjoy :-)
    04-26-2016 11:00 PM
    Using one sim doesn't really sort out the issue. Try enabling airplane mode & restarting the device. Then disable airplane mode. it works for me.
    04-26-2016 11:28 PM
    Damn Groove music pass is busted with the latest build! I got too excited and installed it without reading the release notes!!
    04-27-2016 05:03 AM
183 ... 5678