W10M Insider Preview 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's funny that i've never seen anyone complain about the photos app bug. I submitted feedback about it too but never even got one upvote

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Open a picture, any picture.
Hit the back button .
Look at the bottom right hand corner - The "Select" option is gone.

This does not happen in collection view or in folders.. Only in albums.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

- I think they should reduce the "restart" time on the power button. Currently if you hold the power button for 10 seconds, the phone reboots. They should reduce it to about five.

Other than that, build seems the same as 14327

holding power button is not recommended, that's NOT A REBOOT and could bring unpredictable long term result.
the only official soft reset is vol down + power holding. That's the same of CTRL +ALT + CANC
Lumias don't got a reboot key or sequence like a desktop. Every different action may corrupt system files

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Was sooo close to dropping back to production build as 327 had been a nightmare on my 1520 and my wife's 830, couldn't open Groove, OneDrive wouldn't show anything, the camera wouldn't open 50% of the time and just so many other bugs. Just as I was about to do the deed I saw 328 and decided to give it a go, did my 1520 last night and all problems gone, did the 830 an hour ago, also problems solved.

There could still be little and known bugs but for me 328 has been a life saver.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Very heavy battery drain in my Lumia 930. Discharge rate is around 45% per hour. Almost All background apps are disabled. I have one more weird bug. My battery goes directly to 100% when its charging between 70-80% . Is this the sign that i should change my battery now or its good now to keep it.?

Sent from mTalk

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Very heavy battery drain in my Lumia 930. Discharge rate is around 45% per hour. Almost All background apps are disabled. I have one more weird bug. My battery goes directly to 100% when its charging between 70-80% . Is this the sign that i should change my battery now or its good now to keep it.?

Sent from mTalk

Did you follow the check list? WIn10 official build works fine on 930

1 - logout video skype
2 - disable sync in Edge
3 - disable all unused background Apps
4 - disable Video upload in OneDrive
5 - disable in Photo "Show OneDrive pics"
6 IMPORTANT - In settings, Diagnostics, put data to BASE

Let phone wait two days, and if continues jumping % try a full discarge followed by a full charge all night long (recalibration)

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It's funny that i've never seen anyone complain about the photos app bug. I submitted feedback about it too but never even got one upvote

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Hit the back button .

Yes same bug for me. Bigger question is why have Collection, Album and Files? Wtf is each, keep it simple

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Store is still messed up. DL and update queue still won't clear. Netflix still won't launch. Youtube videos (in Edge) are just stopping about half way through. Edge till takes ages to load a page, and most ads do not go away no matter how many times you click the X. Cortana is strangely showing 100% in battery usage

swiz#WP

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I managed to solve the problem. It was coming from my second sim which was used for data. I removed the second sim and started the phone. The data on the first one was working and I could go to cellular menu. Then I put the second sim and the data on the first one was still working after turning on the phone. So the problem for me was because I have been using internet from second sim. The data toggle in action center is still not working but it is not so much of a problem because I can use settings app. 😀

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you follow the check list? WIn10 official build works fine on 930

1 - logout video skype
2 - disable sync in Edge
3 - disable all unused background Apps
4 - disable Video upload in OneDrive
5 - disable in Photo "Show OneDrive pics"
6 IMPORTANT - In settings, Diagnostics, put data to BASE

Let phone wait two days, and if continues jumping % try a full discarge followed by a full charge all night long (recalibration)

Already done everything. Shoul i replace the battery? Currently its 18% down in just 20 minutes.

Sent from mTalk

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello.
I can't install language packs, set everything to US, and always get download error, can't see error code ins this build, 14322 was unusable on my L 930, so I did use the recovery, than updated to W10 production using Upgrade advisor. Wasn't able to download language. Tried downloading first (default is pt-br) not work, changed everything to US first than downloading the pack, not work. The language pack is stuck at speech options every time I restart the phone it try to download again. What am I doing wrong?

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
What to do in case I want to download the speech for a certain language.
When I try to add a language there's an empty list there. Is there any workaround?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Hit the back button .

Yes, you are correct, same thing on my 950XL DS

maka1105

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone managed mobile hotspot to work?
I can connect but there is no internet.
640 XL
Ups. My bad! Hotsopt is working. Just my pc show connected but no internet. I don't know why.

Last edited:

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Stuck app installs, dup apps on Start Menu fixed using workaround Gabe described in post. Saw issue on both PC and Mobile versions.

Games like 0h h1 and 0h n0, still won't run. Problem since 14295. Lumia 640XL

New Cortana features seem to work good, including using her from Lock Screen.
PC Cortana doesn't seem to know about my L640XL even though they are both on the same version. This means I can't use the Find my Phone feature.

Not seeing any major functionality issue so far on any of these devices:
- Lumia 640XL
- Dell XPS 18 (1820) running not in Tablet Mode

Just powered on my Dell Venue Pro 8 (5830) and it blue screened with Critical Process Died before Lock Screen. Restarted and able to login fine.
Tablet mode seems to be working better. Launching Chrome brings it up without having to go back to Start Screen and back. Auto hide Taskbar is nice. Nice to be able to switch between Pinned Tiles and All Apps views.

Will update if any issues show up.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Hit the back button .

I have this on official OTA Threshold (10586.218) no Insider on my 1520. Never would have noticed it without your instruction set. Seems it must have been there all along?

holding power button is not recommended, that's NOT A REBOOT and could bring unpredictable long term result.
the only official soft reset is vol down + power holding. That's the same of CTRL +ALT + CANC
Lumias don't got a reboot key or sequence like a desktop. Every different action may corrupt system files

Older phones have the 2 Button Reset (Volume Down + Power) and newer ones support 1 Button Reset. The lists showing feature sets for 8.1 devices has been deprecated so I cannot link to it and the new lists only show the built for 10 phones. FAQ - Which features does my Lumia with Windows 10 support?

Wait 10 seconds and dark screen with vibration is the cue you have a Soft Reset.

2 Button still works on 1 Button Reset models though. :winktongue:

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Older phones have the 2 Button Reset (Volume Down + Power) and newer ones support 1 Button Reset. The lists showing feature sets for 8.1 devices has been deprecated so I cannot link to it and the new lists only show the built for 10 phones. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA143602&token=JOEzEsx7

link brings Error 500

Thank you mod, I never heard before about the one key soft reset on 550, 650, 950

SimmerD0wn

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
With this build Groove is driving me nuts. I cannot skip songs/artists without it suddenly not able to play anything unless I exit Groove and wait some period of time. I get the following error:

Can't play
Another app is controlling your sound

0xc00d4e85

I've tried a soft-reset .. no dice. :eck: Anyone else experience this?

-Simmer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234