W10M Insider Preview 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

maka1105

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

640 XL Redstone 14328 here
Can access internet . Did you turn on your cellular data connection?
You can't turn on hotspot without cellular data on. Just my pc show connected but no internet. I don't know why.
Any other device can go to the internet over mob hotspot. It's working.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
More of an observation rather than a problem. Noticed this after the last couple of updates in regards to post-installation restart.

image.jpg

The yellow message is hilarious because there is no "attempt" at a restart automatically after the installation. Clicking 'Restart now' works.

tbird635a

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile wi-fi calling settings missing under "SIM settings" ,
wifi calling appears to not work now on build 14328 (or on 14327 before)
Lumia 640

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
With this build Groove is driving me nuts. I cannot skip songs/artists without it suddenly not able to play anything unless I exit Groove and wait some period of time. I get the following error:

Can't play
Another app is controlling your sound

0xc00d4e85

I've tried a soft-reset .. no dice. :eck: Anyone else experience this?

-Simmer

I'm getting the exact same issue using my 950XL. I will queue up a list to play over Bluetooth and it will play just fine. However, if I try and skip a song or choose another playlist, Groove will cycle through all the songs and then display error 0xc00d4e85 and keep giving me the error. After a restart, it will give the exact same error without fail. This only happens to me over Bluetooth though.

panzerfroh

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

When I record a video, the screen is flickering and so is the playback. Haven't seen this before, Lumia 1520

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Why are there TWO different Glance screen apps? If you go to the main Settings screen and do a search for Glance, two different apps show up.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Mobile hotspot working fine on my 1520, and to the person with the Groove issues, honestly on 327 Groove would only start on a restart for half hour or so and when it did, just about every part of it was a pain, for me (And it all seems a bit objective for all of us) 328 and Groove are made for each other.

SimmerD0wn

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting.. on my 950, this is the most debilitating issue I've had with Groove from almost any build. There have definitely been some usability bugs over various builds, but nothing as ridiculous as this.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you follow the check list? WIn10 official build works fine on 930

1 - logout video skype
2 - disable sync in Edge
3 - disable all unused background Apps
4 - disable Video upload in OneDrive
5 - disable in Photo "Show OneDrive pics"
6 IMPORTANT - In settings, Diagnostics, put data to BASE

Let phone wait two days, and if continues jumping % try a full discarge followed by a full charge all night long (recalibration)

Not sure why you would recommend setting Diagnostics to base. The whole point of the insider program is to provide microsoft with data/feedback.

Setting it to base would defeat the purpose of it. I would recommend base if you are on an official build. But even on my surface pro 4 which is not on insider, i have it set to full.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have this on official OTA Threshold (10586.218) no Insider on my 1520. Never would have noticed it without your instruction set. Seems it must have been there all along?

Older phones have the 2 Button Reset (Volume Down + Power) and newer ones support 1 Button Reset. The lists showing feature sets for 8.1 devices has been deprecated so I cannot link to it and the new lists only show the built for 10 phones. FAQ - Which features does my Lumia with Windows 10 support?

Wait 10 seconds and dark screen with vibration is the cue you have a Soft Reset.

2 Button still works on 1 Button Reset models though. :winktongue:

It seems to have been there for a while. But i felt like i was the only person it was happening to. I never saw anyone mention it before and it drives me nuts. lol

Thanks for clearing up the button reset feature.

Sanu Rajan

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't no if its a new feature but i noticed that we can now hide the volume slider by just tapping on a different part of the screen.

crewcabrob

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

My Icon has not been reading my texts via Cortana for this weeks builds. Any ideas?

Same here, Cortana not reading texts any more on my 950xl. Done two hard resets, looked at the language and regional settings and still not working. I use this daily, anyone else have it too?

Rob

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
text messaging are not loading from the backup? anybody has this issue? any idea to solve it?
There is no way to "fix" this. It's a long-running and very well-known issue with all builds of Windows 10, lately. The best advice that anyone can give is for you to just be patient and, in theory, you will "eventually" get your text messages back from the backup.. maybe. In my case, I've been waiting for over a month to get some kind of text message restoration through various resets across different phones.. No luck here.

The "good news" is that others on the forums are starting to report that their text messages have been restoring, so it's not all doom-and-gloom. But don't expect anyone from Microsoft to really acknowledge the issue. Others have tried via the Feedback Hub and Twitter without much (obvious or public) luck.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Why are there TWO different Glance screen apps? If you go to the main Settings screen and do a search for Glance, two different apps show up.
Can't explain the "why" of it beyond pointing out that the W10M team is working to move Glance out from the Extras screen and into the main Settings app. I noticed the duplication too and would recommend focusing just on the Glance app that is outside of the Extras area.

imtheking

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
i have big problem with cellular data, when i click cellular data toggle, it making my 950xl freeze,
but i try to find solution, so i pull out my 2nd sim, and now it work, i can open cellular data setting.

but i think MS need to fix this bugs, because cellular data is very basic feature for smartphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)