W10M Insider Preview 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

Dandun Widiyanto

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I can't rename my phone. I clicked Edit Name from about page, and renamed the phone, and saved it, but the name's unchanged.
The same thing goes on hot spot password I can't change the password of my hot spot shared by my phone. (Lumia 830)

Dandun Widiyanto

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Glance screen can't be set on peek mode still. As I lost glance screen from extras after hard reset, I re downloaded the apps from store. Now for work around, I disabled glancescreen from personalization, and used glancescreen from extras, so I can get glance with peek mode. In my opinion, glance 's useless without peek mode.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 14328 Issues (Redstone branch)

Does anyone managed mobile hotspot to work?
I can connect but there is no internet.
640 XL
Ups. My bad! Hotsopt is working. Just my pc show connected but no internet. I don't know why.

Im Having that issue as well, 640 XL. It shows up, but nothing will connect.

Also, there is an extras option inside the extras options in settings, why?

Is anyone else having issues with netflix not launching? Netflx has not worked for me since 14322 and the Netflix update that came out then. It worked for a day and then quit. When I went to give feedback on this, I found over 200 complaint's and thumbs ups for this issue.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Bookviser is still not loading so I switched to Freda and it works fine.

I still cannot insert an image from camera roll into a LINE message without crashing LINE afterwards.

If I set the lock screen to show either a sample image or Bing it reverts back to showing pictures from Facebook on the lock screen instead.

Other than that, it seems fine.

Ian

Ariman Amin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
My Cortana didn't work.. When i press the voice command it says "something's not right, try again in a little bit". And cannot download speech language.. It's says error every time i try to download it... 950xl single sim Australia.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't have very many issues at all and all apps work including Netflix, Groove etc. I have had a number of freezes though, I think mainly using Edge.

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Glance screen can't be set on peek mode still. As I lost glance screen from extras after hard reset, I re downloaded the apps from store. Now for work around, I disabled glancescreen from personalization, and used glancescreen from extras, so I can get glance with peek mode. In my opinion, glance 's useless without peek mode.
Thanks! I hadn't tried that before, but it works for me

Even though this one adds lots of features and we were warned it would be a "rough" build, so far it is far the best, fastest RS build I've had on my 950XL DS (only one installed)

Abhim10

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I own a lumia 730. I have updated it to the recent uild of 14328.. n i am still facing the same problems i used to face when i updated it to 14295. Cortana is crashing. i click on the listening button nothing happens... i am unable to download the united states english keyboard n speech. it say each time "error downloading". please help. My region is INDIA.

hashturf

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
On my Lumia 950 cellular data is not working at all. When I try to go in settings to Cellular and SIM the settings app hangs and then crashes. If I try to toggle data from action center the phone hangs and I need to do soft reset. Have anyone found a workaround?
I have similar issue did couple of reboots and removed changed SIM it worked for me but this happened more than once need update for this

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone managed mobile hotspot to work?
I can connect but there is no internet.
640 XL
Ups. My bad! Hotsopt is working. Just my pc show connected but no internet. I don't know why.
I have had the same issue. Doing a soft reset of the phone fixes the issue for me, but I have to do that about twice a day, and always first thing in the morning.

I can't rename my phone. I clicked Edit Name from about page, and renamed the phone, and saved it, but the name's unchanged.
The same thing goes on hot spot password I can't change the password of my hot spot shared by my phone. (Lumia 830)
If you plug the phone into a PC via USB cable, you can select the phone in Explorer, right click and rename. That will do it, but it's the only workaround I know of at this point.

As far as the hot spot password, well, at least it's probably a secure one. I've just got to live with it until fixed.

Peek mode never stopped working, and was never removed. They have just renamed "peek" to "30 seconds." It is working exactly as it should on my Lumia 640, and identical to the way peek mode worked before. Hope that helps.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Groove works fine first time I try to play. If I go to another playlist, album etc, it just spins thru all songs saying can not play.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Real culprit of battery drain found. 85% background usage.
9eI7WiI.jpg

Sent from mTalk

praveenchand

May 28, 2014
Visit site

It's easy, as I said before after renaming and before clicking save, tap on that pop up window (for eg: space between the textbox where we type name and the save button). after tapping that place click save button. same applicable to mobile hotspot renaming. It works!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I must truly be living in the land of Oz. I have 14328 on a 1520, an acient Motion Computing LE1700 and a newer HP Pavilion x2. They're all working perfectly with the exception of "Hey Cortana" not functioning on the 1520. Mobile Hotspot is awesome now that my PCs can turn it on without having to touch the Lumia. Reminds me of the Bluetooth DUN days. Glance has never been an issue nor has Edge.

Microsoft has a winner on its hands if they can sort out the isolated bugs some users are having.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Folks pls is Hey Cortana working inthis build? Using Lumia 1520 mine is not working, asking me to turn cortana on but its on already. Thanks.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I like the direction of everything - BUT, I do wish that they would re-incorporate the old method of operating the camera. With the my old 920; when I wanted to take some pictures (and was in a hurry - walking through a factory, or a convention), all I had to do was tap the part of the screen I wanted to focus on, DONE...focused and picture snap; LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this feature!!!! This method was so quick, and very easy to do with one hand. The current camera is so much better (hell, EVERYTHING'S better), but I find it difficult to operate quickly and one handed:(

I also hope that the remaining wrinkles in the camera are ironed out soon, I missed a GREAT shot of one of the dogs today because I had to do a soft-restart to re-activate the camera:(

VIVA LA MSFT!!!!

Last edited:

kevincbarbosalion

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site

Hey Guys,

I own a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL and I am on the Fast Preview for Insiders. With that being said, I have just upgraded my phone to .14328.1000 version, as I aways want to keep my phone up to date. Anyways,... the problem for my model is acually a big one. My phone is having power issues!! When I plug my phone into the wall (with the power supply provided by Microsoft) I get the "Device Charging Slowly, To charge your device faster, please use the power supply provided by Microsoft". That issue usually happens when I connect my phone to the computer via USB cable. It seems like they got it mixed up, because my phone charges VERY slowly with its power supply, but within the hour, it is charged when I connect it to my computer... The reason that I came to the conclution that it is a 14328.1000 bug is, I downgraded to Windows Moble 8.1 Update 2, and I didn't have this issue. I just bought a Lumia 640 XL for my brother and ask for him to charge my battery in his phone because of this issue, and he as well said that the phone asked for a update and ever since, he has had the same problem... I need some help please!!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Kevin, did you try:

- Removing the battery for 30 seconds?
- Soft reset?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes