Build 14328 performance is awesome

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Lumia 950 XL user here. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same experience as me with the Windows 10 Mobile 14328 build.

After I got the build a few days ago I reset the phone as I normally do to start from scratch. This is the first build that my phone felt really zippy(even compared to the shipping build for this phone), everything just feels faster. After playing around with it for a while, I downloaded AnTuTu Benchmark v6.0.5 UWP Beta 5. It confirmed my feeling of the phone being faster. I got a score of 94 339, compared to the original score of Lumia 950 XL which is 83 976. Has anyone else had this experience? It's higher than both the Galaxy S6 and Note 5.

Another thing that seems to have gotten better for me in this build is the battery life of the device. I don't have any hard numbers, but the experience have definitely been on the better side compared to previous builds. I think they finally got it right for the 950 XL with this build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

Lumia 950 XL user here. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same experience as me with the Windows 10 Mobile 14328 build.

After I got the build a few days ago I reset the phone as I normally do to start from scratch. This is the first build that my phone felt really zippy(even compared to the shipping build for this phone), everything just feels faster. After playing around with it for a while, I downloaded AnTuTu Benchmark v6.0.5 UWP Beta 5. It confirmed my feeling of the phone being faster. I got a score of 94 339, compared to the original score of Lumia 950 XL which is 83 976. Has anyone else had this experience? It's higher than both the Galaxy S6 and Note 5.

Another thing that seems to have gotten better for me in this build is the battery life of the device. I don't have any hard numbers, but the experience have definitely been on the better side compared to previous builds. I think they finally got it right for the 950 XL with this build.

Post it in Insider Forum, so you can follow the 950 insider community ;)

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah buddy, this build is the most stable yet. I've tried other builds from Fast Ring, man those were horrible, few days ago after Microsoft announced this Build, i was afraid to install this (from Preview), and i installed this. Man the performance is so good, no app crashes and with the New Features. ☺☺ Hope the Minor fixes will come soon. Lumia 640 LTE.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
First hours of testing on a 650, not so fast as Threshold still now but I have to wait the 2nd day as usual. All iussues fixed till now. Photo and Whatsapp slower than before for now.

I miss the Messaging everywhere feature, Cortana in Manage Connection doesn't show anything

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 535, again tested with AnTuTu v6.0.5 Beta 5.

On the previous Fast Ring Build - 23800 something (I'm rounding to the nearest hundred because it's from memory)

On Build 14328 - 25370

That extra 6-7% is really noticeable.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I had all sorts of little niggles. I couldn't sign in to the WC app. No sign in facility in the menu. Strange that one. Cortana wouldn't display any interests even though the live tile did. Even more strange. These issues appeared AFTER a hard reset. When I ran it after a 'dirty' flash ( Sorry about the android terminology :) ) it was pretty darn good. The 950xl definitely feels like a different beast, as if, finally, the specs are being utilised. A pleasant experience. Oh, nearly forgot a niggle, in Cortana if you want a topic in news, you click on the add, and you can't type it in???? Again, bizarre, but not deal breakbreaking.... Dirty flashed again, issues gone.... Go figure

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The latest build 14361 is a pretty solid performer on my 950XL - apart from a visual glitch that makes my notification bar disappear...it's great 👍🏽

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
They must've been focusing optimizations solely on the flagships because i see a lot of praise for redstone coming from l950/xl users.

On my l535 though, performance is worse than threshold, i see more resuming/loading screen, animations are less fluid, battery life is a lot worse and it takes longer to charge it. I hope that MS doesn't leave the poor folks with low end devices behind.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I am absolutely loving 14361 on my budget Cricket 650. Of course there are a few bugs (the store is really slow and doesn't update automatically), but I've never going back to any other ring! Texting from my desktop computer running the same build is awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire