05-20-2016 02:26 AM
152 ... 4567
tools
    Anyone else suddenly unable to use Outlook mobile? Mine started crashing on opening this evening.
    Mark, I noticed this morning that when I tried to generate a NEW email from my most used Outlook account (Yahoo.mail); that it seem to get stuck on the all white screen, when I back out to the Start Screen. I repeated the: "New" email, attempt process a number of times; the first couple of re-attempts I was diverted back to the Start Screen, finally I was able to generate a New email - but, the Menu options at the bottom of the page were aligned to the left (instead of aligned to the right), this persisted for a while (15 mins), now all seems to be back to normal?

950XL, DS, USA
    05-12-2016 08:58 AM
    Both Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar are crashing 10-15s after opening--and nothing is syncing. No accounts are apparently in them despite my phone showing all my accounts being there. After last night's Outlook Mail and Calendar update, the apps are unusable. On the PC side of things they got stupid then fixed themselves after a few seconds and are working fine--but the phone build is toast for me. Not sure what to do to resolve it at the moment.
    05-12-2016 09:13 AM
    I just got too frustrated with it and did a hard reset and restore. Now everything is back to normal. Outlook and Calendar were totally unusable. 950 XL USA
    05-12-2016 10:20 AM
    Interesting development--my Band 2 is still getting email notifications but the Outlook apps are completely unusable. A couple of reboots (via holding down power and vol down) later and no change. I'd rather not do a hard reset and will wait and see if they fix this. I will submit something via the feedback hub.
    05-12-2016 10:33 AM
    Interesting development--my Band 2 is still getting email notifications but the Outlook apps are completely unusable. A couple of reboots (via holding down power and vol down) later and no change. I'd rather not do a hard reset and will wait and see if they fix this. I will submit something via the feedback hub.
    There's quite a few posts in feedback on this but no response from MSFT. The band is getting notifications because the emails are coming in but the client wont process and crashes. I could briefly see my unread mail before it crashed. I use email too much to wait so I had to do a reset.
    05-12-2016 11:00 AM
    Both Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar are crashing 10-15s after opening--and nothing is syncing. No accounts are apparently in them despite my phone showing all my accounts being there. After last night's Outlook Mail and Calendar update, the apps are unusable. On the PC side of things they got stupid then fixed themselves after a few seconds and are working fine--but the phone build is toast for me. Not sure what to do to resolve it at the moment.
    There's an app update i saw
    05-12-2016 11:09 AM
    There's an app update i saw
    After reading DeFrenchman's post I checked for Updates; there was 1 for OUTLOOK pending (due to an error when downloading, I guess). After a retry, and a successful download, I check my emails and all seems to be OK (all contacts in tact and sync shows up to date).
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    05-12-2016 12:55 PM
    Glad they published a fix quickly!
    05-12-2016 02:34 PM
    Unfortunately I'm not seeing any update--I'm on version 17.6965.40462.0. I wish there was a way to roll back or reinstall a system app like this.
    05-12-2016 05:56 PM
    Unfortunately I'm not seeing any update--I'm on version 17.6965.40462.0. I wish there was a way to roll back or reinstall a system app like this.
    FIX (for my lumia 1520 OS 14332 MAIL ver 17.6965.40462.0)
    1. Turn off
    2. Remove SIM card and microsd
    3.Turn on
    4.Activate wi-fi (if not active)
    5.Start Mail
    6.Add an account (my 1520 NOW permitted)
    7.Automatic reset of all previous settings with all mail download
    8. Turn off
    9. Replace SIM and microsd cards
    10. Turn on

IT ALL WORKS OUT. Calendar, receiving and sending mail ...
    05-13-2016 02:32 AM
    Unable to "Reply" to emails on my Icon. I can compose and send emails but not reply. The airplane symbol stays gray.

Everything eles seems to be working fine.
    05-13-2016 11:59 AM
    FIX (for my lumia 1520 OS 14332 MAIL ver 17.6965.40462.0)
    1. Turn off
    2. Remove SIM card and microsd
    3.Turn on
    4.Activate wi-fi (if not active)
    5.Start Mail
    6.Add an account (my 1520 NOW permitted)
    7.Automatic reset of all previous settings with all mail download
    8. Turn off
    9. Replace SIM and microsd cards
    10. Turn on

IT ALL WORKS OUT. Calendar, receiving and sending mail ...
    I'm happy to report this worked on my Icon without too much hassle--thanks for the work around! I should note that it took a little bit after boot up for the Add Account option to be lit up--it was grayed out for a few minutes after startup.
    05-13-2016 12:26 PM
    In my case, my phone just starts vibrating hard and continuously. There is nothing you can do. The screen does not come on, the buttons don't respond. The first time I press and held Vol Down + Power till it soft reset. The second time I took out the battery. If it does it again, I will make a video so you all can see what I am talking about. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Lumia 950 AT&T.
    05-13-2016 12:37 PM
    As time goes on the latest Redstone build is getting worse. Although initially OK, when the screen transitions from one thing to another, I see a corrupted screen for a split second most of the time now. The unlock screen is often unresponsive, so swiping up does not bring up the pin pad and I can't get into the phone. Also while trying to bring up the pin pad, I have also had a few spontaneous reboots. So while this build was ok to start with, it's getting steadily worse over time.
    05-14-2016 01:18 AM
    As time goes on the latest Redstone build is getting worse. Although initially OK, when the screen transitions from one thing to another, I see a corrupted screen for a split second most of the time now. The unlock screen is often unresponsive, so swiping up does not bring up the pin pad and I can't get into the phone. Also while trying to bring up the pin pad, I have also had a few spontaneous reboots. So while this build was ok to start with, it's getting steadily worse over time.
    I agree with you. My phone has rebooted to many many many many times I stopped counting. Yesterday, the endless vibration issue started.
    05-14-2016 04:55 AM
    No reboots no lag no nothing here on 14332 (950xl)
    05-14-2016 05:25 AM
    I agree with you. My phone has rebooted to many many many many times I stopped counting. Yesterday, the endless vibration issue started.
    Soft reset
    05-14-2016 06:05 AM
    I have found that if you hold the back button, close the messaging app, then restart it from the full programs list, it sometimes comes back... (in response to the guy having his keyboard stop coming up when text .messaging..) Mine does that too, and also likes to move spaces and periods to the front of the words I type sometimes, creating a double space, and then run-together ,words or that period thing like above.
    05-14-2016 07:16 AM
    This morning, my 950XL was at 7% battery, after being plugged in overnight. Turned the usb-c over and plugged it back in; charging now? I don't know if I neglected to insert the usb-c properly last night or not, but I will definately keep a keen eye on the charging procedure tonight.

Update: after 1 hour on the OEM charger brought the battery to 97%.
    So, it has definitely happened again...almost!

Last night I put my 950XL (DS, USA) of the OEM Charger, checked to see if the charging icon was flashing, it was not; so:

+ I tried flipping the USB-C connector around (a number of times)...No Change.
    + I tried a different wall outlet...No Change.
    + While still plugged into the last tried wall outlet, I did a soft-reset; it took a while, but when the phone restarted the charging icon was present and flashing. I then removed the charger from the current electrical outlet, and plugged it back into its usual charging outlet; again, the charging icon was present and flashing.

This occurrence is most likely what happened to me the first time (when the phone was plugged in all night, and totally discharged the following morning).

Update: happened again this morning; I believe it is happening once the battery's charge falls below a certain threshold; maybe 18-25% charge?
    Last edited by mtf1380; 05-16-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: update
    05-14-2016 09:24 AM
    I have found that if you hold the back button, close the messaging app, then restart it from the full programs list, it sometimes comes back... (in response to the guy having his keyboard stop coming up when text .messaging..) Mine does that too, and also likes to move spaces and periods to the front of the words I type sometimes, creating a double space, and then run-together ,words or that period thing like above.
    I thought this was something I was doing rather than an issue, but you can add this to the list as well. I have this.
    05-14-2016 10:24 AM
    My phone won't stop rebooting. Can't even use my phone due to it rebooting so much. What the heck?
    05-14-2016 10:45 AM
    My phone won't stop rebooting. Can't even use my phone due to it rebooting so much. What the heck?
    Try a soft reset first (hold vol down + power 15 secs)

NB: please when answering use quote, elsewhere I can't see you
    05-14-2016 10:59 AM
    I don't know if this is a bug on this build or just a general issue. I've discovered that Edge can save some videos/movies with a long press on said video/movie. When I select "save video as" it gives an option to save to this device or to the sd card. If I select sd card most times nothing happens. Then I have to select "this device" for the video to be saved. I can then save the video and then transfer it to the sd. So I already know its not a lack of space on the sd. Is this a build bug? Or a windows bug in general? Lumia 535
    05-14-2016 12:57 PM
    I don't know if this is a bug on this build or just a general issue. I've discovered that Edge can save some videos/movies with a long press on said video/movie. When I select "save video as" it gives an option to save to this device or to the sd card. If I select sd card most times nothing happens. Then I have to select "this device" for the video to be saved. I can then save the video and then transfer it to the sd. So I already know its not a lack of space on the sd. Is this a build bug? Or a windows bug in general? Lumia 535
    The Save video as is not fully implemented yet . It will be in future
    05-14-2016 01:15 PM
    All is OK here, Lumia 1520 with 14332 (English language). Outlook is also working just fine. Local language (fi) 14332 has a keyboard bug with Edge (a & w do not work) and no voice navigation for Maps ...
    05-14-2016 02:13 PM
152 ... 4567