W10M Insider Preview 14332 Issues (Redstone branch)

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Another thing is that after a couple of soft-resetting the phone, I noticed some quirkiness happening, like the SMS icon in the notification centre became WAY TOOO BIG.

Sometimes whatsapp doesn't even open :v
The big icons are a feature I think that was requested by users. Whatsapp doesn't fail me, just no banners. So far this build seems "snappier"
Using a 535. Cant believe its a 1gb ram device.
Why not include the 1020 as a compatible device?

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I care about right now is getting Groove playlists to sync. It's been broken since the UWP Groove app release on build 14327.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Only issue I'm seeing is that the messaging app on one of my PCs says there is no phone available while the other two are still working (except of course for the issue with syncing old messages). I upgraded all of them to 14322 around the same time.

Edit: this was yesterday, I just checked this morning and it's started working again, and it just synced a bunch of messages that only existed on my phone.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Camera working but no flash setting, Cortana doesn't work at all, battery is not as good as it was on 8.1

What device are you using? There is a workaround (at least for the 535).
Turn auto update apps off. Do not update lumia camera. Use this as the default camera app. If you have updated lumia camera, you'll need to hard reset. (power off completely. Press and hold vol down. Press and hold power while still holding volume down. When the phone vibrates keep holding volume down but release power. You should see an exclamation mark"!" on screen.
Press this sequence very quickly. Vol down vol up power vol down. The phone should reboot and the gears appear.)
On completion of that, go to store and turn auto update off. Do not update lumia camera and set it as default camera. Flash should be auto and work.

WHSdad

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is an issue with this build or a problem with my phone but here it is. My phone will open apps randomly. Cortana will open on her on. If I am texting it will start adding letters and numbers on its on. After several open apps it will lock the phone and I have to do a soft reset. The reason I am not sure if it is a problem with the build is because someone must have messed with my phone at work and dropped it because my tempered glass protector was cracedk and my phone was not where I had left it. Hope it is not the phone because I love my 1520. I did do a hard reset after loading this build also.

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The big icons are a feature I think that was requested by users.

I sure as hell hope there are options in later builds to choose between small or big icons. Just expands the Notifcation Center for no reason. Especially when not all things return back an icon, just looks inconsistent and unfinished.

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Haven't seen this one listed yet.

After ~8 hours of use, the keyboard no longer pops up when trying to reply to a text message. It works fine in other apps. Only fix seems to be a soft reset.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I sure as hell hope there are options in later builds to choose between small or big icons. Just expands the Notifcation Center for no reason. Especially when not all things return back an icon, just looks inconsistent and unfinished.

I too, hope there will be options. I really dislike the big icons.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I love the big icons. It actually makes it easier to find what you want when you have a lot of notifications. And of course you can set priority to which apps are at the top etc.

As far as not showing icons, I haven't had any issues. Which apps are giving you this problem? Even old apps like Whatsapp work fine.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Another thing is that after a couple of soft-resetting the phone, I noticed some quirkiness happening, like the SMS icon in the notification centre became WAY TOOO BIG.

Sometimes whatsapp doesn't even open :v

Do you think that could that be a placeholder for a Picture?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has "partially" began working, but only for search.

She can't do reminders. She says I have too many reminders and I need to remove some, but when I open reminders there is nothing there. Even when I add a reminder on my laptop, she acts like she adds it, but it never shows up (on laptop or phone). Usually adding a reminder on the laptop also adds it on my phone, but it doesn't add anywhere now. Reminders are just completely broken for me on PC and Mobile for 14332.

Can't send texts using Cortana.

So far, I can get Cortana to search internet and tell jokes. That's it. Not very useful right now. Perhaps I need to reset Cortana by turning off and on her learning about me.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
950XL here.

I haven't had any major issues thus far which is great.

*I find that the Iris scan is not as great anymore. Seems like it is slower. I did have to redo all the recognition but still fails from time to time and I never had that issue before.
*once in a blue moon an app will crash and I have to re-launch it. I find Line messenger freezes up sometimes where it gets super laggy and I have to close it from task view and re-open. But this is a bug with the app as it did it in production build as well.
*people app will not pull up "what's new" from facebook. Facebook runs fine though so not an issue with that.
*Battery is not as good as the previous build but it's not that big of a difference.
*Can't submit feedback as the privacy and diagnostics is set to basic. But I can't change it as it says it is controlled by MS. This has been going on since I installed last redstone build.

I don't have any of the weird issues being listed here(flash issues etc.). Initially I had 2 sims in and trying to disable data would cause it to freeze. But after not touching it and letting it sit for a while after the sim was inserted it started working fine again.

I have the game Mass Effect Infiltrator and it has never worked on windows 10. I bought it in windows 8 but waited for a bigger screen to play it on. Now I can't play it unfortunately. But prior to this build it would just crash. Now I actually see an EA logo before it crashes. Maybe they will eventually get it working *fingers crossed*.

bigoncio

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
L735 hard reset come with HERE Maps and HERE Drive+ installed! They crash seconds after its splash screen is displayed and in the store they're marked as "not compatible with your device"... I LOL'd!

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
- Netflix no longer Opening (on-going fight on last two builds)
- email noifications number on Start Screen are inaccurate.
- START SCREEN - I scroll up, and it scrolls back down on its own (and I can't stop it from doing so).

update: everything (Netflix, email notifications, Start screen) back to normal.

Last edited:

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just a FYI for those with Whatsapp not providing notifications, I managed to get my Skype notifications working.

I first turned them off in the app and then under Settings -> System -> Notifications. Once they were all off I rebooted the phone and turned them back on and I started receiving new messaging notifications (Toast, Action center, glance screen/lock screen etc.)

Now, maybe that did nothing and it just started working after a reboot, I can't say fo sure. However it's worth a shot as in the past I've fixed an MS Health issue by turning it off in privacy, rebooting, and then turning it back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon