W10M Insider Preview 14332 Issues (Redstone branch)

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Groove is useless to me in this build since all of my music is DRM-protected from the Music store. Does anyone know if a hard reset fixes the problem? It's unclear based on the release notes:

If you have previously played DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music...you might no longer be able to playback content from those services – you will instead receive error DRM_E_INVALID_SECURESTORE_PASSWORD(0x8004C029)

thalador

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Fitbit app cannot sync with Charge HR tracker after 14332. The tracker pairs fine with the phone in Bluetooth settings but the app does not find it. Tried re-pairing the tracker with Bluetooth, no change. Tracker itself syncs fine when I try with my iPhone 5s.

Same problem. Sync's fine with Windows 10 desktop, non preview build

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Groove is useless to me in this build since all of my music is DRM-protected from the Music store. Does anyone know if a hard reset fixes the problem? It's unclear based on the release notes:

If you have previously played DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music...you might no longer be able to playback content from those services – you will instead receive error DRM_E_INVALID_SECURESTORE_PASSWORD(0x8004C029)

Hard reset did fix it for me. That's actually the reason I decided to hard reset on this build. I did not restore from backup, don't know if that's relevant or not.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Only just noticed this today, basically Groove on mobile just doesn't work and I get that error, I might try a hard reset at the weekend but more probably will get out of insider and go back to production builds, I think being on insider was more important for me on the way to W10, I am sure the Redstone builds are important but I think a stable platform is looking better all the time at the moment.

Pedro Dias2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Groove music still not working

When I play a podcast using the Podcast app, my car shows information about the last track that Groove tried to play.

Frequent loss of Bluetooth audio in the car (Ford S-Max, 2014) forcing me to go to speaker to continue talking.

I drive a lot, so these are my dealbreakers.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I care about right now is getting Groove playlists to sync. It's been broken since the UWP Groove app release on build 14327.
Ahhh, that's why my newest playlists aren't showing up on my laptop. ARG
You aren't having a problem with Groove Pass? I mean, if you use Groove Pass.

chaitanya goteti

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
original.jpg
No separate icons for Downloads and stuff !!

Update: Looks like a bug. Sometimes the icons are showing up as in the previous builds.

Last edited:

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
there are few updates on some core apps such as onenote, outlook mails, groove, yet when i check updates, there isnt any.. I can install and uninstall apps just fine, but i think i have not seen any app updates in store yet on this build.. anyone?

apart from this, i got almost no issue on this build.. great build

rph2

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Noticed a very irritating bug on Edge browser after the update in my L1520. When typing into the address field, some alphabets (e.g. A, Y, and couple of others) do not show up at all. Some buttons in the on-screen keyboard are just responseless. This seems not to be dependent on the used keyboard (at least Finnish and English). This problem exists only in Edge. All other apps where keyboard is used work just fine. Has anyone else experienced this also?

Workaround is to do the writing in other app and then copy-paste into Edge.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
New bug as of the last day or three, sometimes when I unlock the phone after taking it out of a DARK trouser pocket, it opens up in "sunlight readability" mode. It's done this a few times now, never seen this behaviour before on any previous builds. Not a major issue, but a minor niggle none the less. It sorts itself out after a while, but not straight away.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
"Noticed a very irritating bug on Edge browser after the update in my L1520. When typing into the address field, some alphabets (e.g. A, Y, and couple of others) do not show up at all. Some buttons in the on-screen keyboard are just responseless. This seems not to be dependent on the used keyboard (at least Finnish and English). This problem exists only in Edge. All other apps where keyboard is used work just fine. Has anyone else experienced this also?

Workaround is to do the writing in other app and then copy-paste into Edge. "

The insider release notes were updated with this bug:

UPDATE 4/27: For users with some non-English keyboards, when typing into the address bar of the Edge browser, you will not be able to enter the following letters: w, y, a. The workaround is to type the letters using uppercase.

bigoncio

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE 4/27: For users with some non-English keyboards, when typing into the address bar of the Edge browser, you will not be able to enter the following letters: w, y, a. The workaround is to type the letters using uppercase.

In my L735 I also get "Web notes are not available, Sorry you can't take notes on this page right" when I enter the letter m on Edge browser (the uppercase workaround working)

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Sweet, thanks for the tip!

Azizelh

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, my 950xl is syncing fine after the pc reinstall of the app. It took a couple of minutes to update.

What isn't working?

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Noticed a very irritating bug on Edge browser after the update in my L1520. When typing into the address field, some alphabets (e.g. A, Y, and couple of others) do not show up at all. Some buttons in the on-screen keyboard are just responseless. This seems not to be dependent on the used keyboard (at least Finnish and English). This problem exists only in Edge. All other apps where keyboard is used work just fine. Has anyone else experienced this also?

Workaround is to do the writing in other app and then copy-paste into Edge.

i have Lumia 1520 too, i use English US, and after your post tried English GB too, dont have the issue you mentioned, strange :/

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this is an issue with this build or a problem with my phone but here it is. My phone will open apps randomly. Cortana will open on her on. If I am texting it will start adding letters and numbers on its on. After several open apps it will lock the phone and I have to do a soft reset. The reason I am not sure if it is a problem with the build is because someone must have messed with my phone at work and dropped it because my tempered glass protector was cracedk and my phone was not where I had left it. Hope it is not the phone because I love my 1520. I did do a hard reset after loading this build also.

Its hardware, had this problem a while back, if you read through different websites you will see ppl have that issue. its the way the screen is built, you can recreate the issue by a applying pressure on the top and bottom edges, just to know that its not software :p read a way to resolve this and it worked for me, if you have the habit of putting your phone in jeans pocket , then put it screen outwards, dont put the phone in the pocket while the phone facing toward your leg, that should stop it from doing it, i avoid putting the phone in my pocket and carry in hand most of the time,
And yea in your case the drop could have been the reason of this. but you shud try this, it worked for me, my phone has NEVER been dropped though but this issue is common with ppl having L1520

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss