W10M Insider Preview 14332 Issues (Redstone branch)

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I checked for updates in the store, and store was one of the updates. Usually a store update exits you back to the start screen. This time, it did that but then the store relaunched itself. Nice touch!

gjgill

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 14332.1001

If you check Windows Store, there are a few tuner apps to replace (Radio FM Phone is one).

04-27-2016, 02:40 PM
"Seriously , I was hoping for the fM Radio and the broken apps to be fixed in this build" .

Last edited:

phxchristian

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't even sign into Groove on either of my devices with the latest builds. Lumia 1520 and 640 LTE... 0x80070002 error (This item is missing or we can't get to it).

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. This sucks. I rely on the voice capability most of all with my devices. This works flawlessly on my 1020 w/WP8.1. And this has been an off-and-on problem with the last several builds of Redstone. Microsoft has completely lost it.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I can sign in to Groove. I just can't play more than one or two songs before I get that error that another program has control of audio. It happens almost immediately if I'm connected via Bluetooth to my car.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Build 14332.1001

If you check Windows Store, there are a few tuner apps to replace (Radio FM Phone is one).

04-27-2016, 02:40 PM
"Seriously , I was hoping for the fM Radio and the broken apps to be fixed in this build" .

The FM radio hardware is not available to any app (built-in or otherwise) with this build on the L950.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Groove Music won't play music at all for me... Getting the 0x800-error after it has flicked through all my music.

Doesn't matter if it is DRM-protected or not. :(

If anyone finds a fix for this, please post it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I checked for updates in the store, and store was one of the updates. Usually a store update exits you back to the start screen. This time, it did that but then the store relaunched itself. Nice touch!
I noticed that. I actually said out loud, "It's about time!"

The FM radio hardware is not available to any app (built-in or otherwise) with this build on the L950.
Working fine with my Lumia 640. If they disable this for newer phones going forward, it will really stink. FM Radio is still vitally important to me. Currently listening to a college baseball game using the Radio FM app.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that my L535 now doesn't like public wifi fronted by captive portals on this build. Just connects and then reports "No Internet Connection". Doesn't even allow the access point to do an HTTP redirect to the captive portal the first time you try to browse in Edge, you just get the "Hmm" message.

Plus I have had Quiet Hours have a mind of it's own as to whether it's going to work or not. As part of Cortana, since everyone's been saying she's having a sulk I'm not surprised this feature doesn't work.

Auto brightness has gone from flaky to MIA. As is FM Radio (still).

A bunch of my apps didn't get reinstalled when I restored from backup.

Doesn't even seem faster (tm)

Pants.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I sorted out Groove and a few other problems, I left the Insiders program, it meant going back to 8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool and then I got the fright of my life, 8.1 looks well all I can say is "Ugly" after getting used to 10 and this is from an 8.1 fan. (When I say look I mean look and lay out of settings etc.)

So I downloaded Update Adviser and am now back to 10586.218, I got out of the Insider on my PC/tablets a while ago so once I do the wife's phone when she gets back from my daughters tomorrow that will be me Insider free.

I thought it was important to be in it for 10, I admit I only carried on, on the phone by mistake so I can let you lot do the testing and hair pulling out for me and I will have something to look forward to ;-)

Good luck.

EDIT: Please note I do not hate W10, the Redstone branch or anything or anyone else, I just fancied a less stressful life outside of insider ;-)

Last edited:

WHSdad

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Its hardware, had this problem a while back, if you read through different websites you will see ppl have that issue. its the way the screen is built, you can recreate the issue by a applying pressure on the top and bottom edges, just to know that its not software :p read a way to resolve this and it worked for me, if you have the habit of putting your phone in jeans pocket , then put it screen outwards, dont put the phone in the pocket while the phone facing toward your leg, that should stop it from doing it, i avoid putting the phone in my pocket and carry in hand most of the time,
And yea in your case the drop could have been the reason of this. but you shud try this, it worked for me, my phone has NEVER been dropped though but this issue is common with ppl having L1520

Thanks for the reply. I remembered reading about this a year or so ago and looked it up and have done some reading on it. I always carry it in my back pocket with the screen facing out. I hope that somehow I can get it to stop. This is really a great phone. It isn't quite as bad today. When it starts i just lock the screen and wait a few minutes and it normally corrects itself. It is just irritating. Been looking at new phones but hate to change. Once again thanks for replying.

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I continue to have the issue with the install failing. I did soft reset and tried to reinstall but no change. I guess MS will develop a fix at some point and try it again. This is on a 640XL

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Even after a hard reset I still see that problem randomly. All that displays is white outline boxes with nothing in them.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Both my device and my wife's experience the same thing. All we hear are the notification sound for messaging, but Cortana is dead. I hate Windows 10.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded music to my device and Groove wouldn't go search for it. I finally figured out how to get Groove to find my music:
Open Storage -> tap on where your music is stored (SD Card for me) -> Tap on Music -> Tap on Manage Music -> It opens groove and forces syncing myc current music items.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Both my device and my wife's experience the same thing. All we hear are the notification sound for messaging, but Cortana is dead. I hate Windows 10.

Sorry Scuba Dog, this is a beta of W10, there is a more stable version of 10 that might be more suitable for you to use until this version is ready for primetime (or, IOS/Android is always an option). I will agree that some times it seems counter productive - especially when something goes wrong with one, or many, of the apps we've come to rely on for our day-to-day maneuvers (and we all have our favorites). I am far from a computer engineer, but I have to believe that Msft is making every effort to equip us with an OS that is more conducive to a wider range of technologies and conveniences; that will allow us all to find our happy place (I just hope they are tired of playing catchup, and are have decided to lead for a while...and then all "THIS" will be well worth the transitional inconveniences). But I don't think you can hate something that isn't here yet...IMHO. {|":^)

I for one can not criticize MS to severely, for they have come to my rescue on MANY, MANY, occasions. I can't even find the phone numbers for the other guys:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos