W10M Insider Preview 14332 Issues (Redstone branch)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset 24 hours ago, and things are performing SO much better.

The only exception is that I keep getting an error trying to update 3 items in the store. I can't get those 3 items to update. Equalizer, Lumia Motion Data, and Extras and Info.

I'm going to take some time this morning to search for the error code and try to find a solution if possible. Would be nice to have everything at 100%. Not sure how much time I should spend on it though, since rumor is that we'll have a new build (14336) tomorrow.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow this build has gotten progressively worse each day. 950 XL crashes, especially when using Camera app, Photos app or Messaging. Strange thing as I have installed no new apps, since original install, yet its clearly deteriorated. I had the same problem with the official build so I am beginning to wonder if it's hardware and not the software. Anyone else experiencing this?

TrialUserXP

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
- had around 5 times of hard reset of my lumia 640xl ds lte since upgraded to this build
- apps like whatsapp hang at loading
- unable to switch data network from sim1 to sim2
- data network seems ok if i remove one of the sim card

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
- had around 5 times of hard reset of my lumia 640xl ds lte since upgraded to this build
- apps like whatsapp hang at loading
- unable to switch data network from sim1 to sim2
- data network seems ok if i remove one of the sim card

It's a known issue to us Insiders (but seem unknown to MS)

Workaround is to: -

• Power off and remove SIM 2,
  • Power on and everything should work without the mentioned issues,
  • Power off and reinsert SIM 2,
  • Power on and phone should work fine with both SIMs insert.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After 2 weeks, everything gone fine. A little slower then Threshold I noticed.
Still Edge address bar tryping bug, sometimes personal dictionary stops working, and new Glance is awful so I use old

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my Outlook mail icons not showing notifications.
*Every* update to the Mail app buggers up notifications. For me, 100% of the time.
To "fix" you need to un-pin your mail icons from the Start screen, then re-pin them. Then send yourself e-mail to each account (I have 3). Then go into Notifications and re-set your per-account notifications settings. Then, if you also have mail account shortcuts on your Lock Screen, you need to go back in there and re-add them.
It should then work until the next update, at which time you're pretty much guaranteed it'll be broken again.
You'll eventually learn to do the above with your eyes closed. :)

Brad.

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
i dont know what is the problem. WDR is not detecting my 640xl. i have 14332 redstone. Don't know, whose fault, WDR or 14332. Pls help.....

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought the hard reset fixed all my issues, but now I have a new one.

3 times now, all my apps have been "reset" as if fresh installed. I have even had to log back into Cortana and provide my name again. Lost progress in several games that don't save to the cloud. Even lost some downloaded content for one app.

Yes, I've reported it all through feedback. Sure am hoping for a new build today, and hopefully they are only working on bugs and not new features.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Have they fixed the data usage tracker being broken?

The previous build still had it being broken. (wouldn't track usage of cell data and won't let you change the limit)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
A few bugs I've recently reported through Feedback on my 950 XL.
1) When dialing out from a voicemail, the voicemail plays while the call is connected. It doesn't stop. Both parties hear the voicemail.
2) On occasion, I cannot go back when I open a contact in People. The app closes. Upon reopening, the open contact is still there. Can only get out of this by hard closing the app.
3) Text to speech doesn't work at all over wired or BT.
4) On occasion, the keyboard doesn't appear when I'm in a text box.

ThePyrobri

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue then I found a solution that worked for me, you need to install something, doesn't matter what, when it starts downloading hit the pause button. Then do another check for updates, once that has finished do a resume all and the ones that were just sat there doing nothing finally update properly. I had this on mobile and PC and the same things fixed it for both..

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Camera problem today, reboot solved it, but in case anyone is interested. L950. Still a few niggling issues with Redstone, but nothing major.

deadcam.jpg

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
This morning, my 950XL was at 7% battery, after being plugged in overnight. Turned the usb-c over and plugged it back in; charging now? I don't know if I neglected to insert the usb-c properly last night or not, but I will definately keep a keen eye on the charging proceedure tonight.

Update: after 1 hour on the OEM charger brought the battery to 97%.

Last edited:

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
This morning, my 950XL was at 7% battery, after being plugged in overnight. Turned the usb-c over and plugged it back in; charging now? I don't know if I neglected to insert the usb-c properly last night or not, but I will definately keep a keen eye on the charging proceedure tonight.

Update: after 1 hour on the OEM charger brought the battery to 97%.

Okay, that's just crazy stupid. Sounds like you have a bad connector either on the phone or the plug, as USB-C is "supposed" to work exactly the same no matter which way you turn the plug. "No way to plug in in backwards" they say. Yeah, right.

However, if it isn't faulty, and it's a design flaw, then that's a whole other can of worms for another thread. I'm assuming someone else with a 950 can confirm if it works both ways with theirs?

Oh, and you may want to test a different charger/cable to make sure it isn't the charger/cable you were using.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Okay, that's just crazy stupid. Sounds like you have a bad connector either on the phone or the plug, as USB-C is "supposed" to work exactly the same no matter which way you turn the plug. "No way to plug in in backwards" they say. Yeah, right.

However, if it isn't faulty, and it's a design flaw, then that's a whole other can of worms for another thread. I'm assuming someone else with a 950 can confirm if it works both ways with theirs?

Oh, and you may want to test a different charger/cable to make sure it isn't the charger/cable you were using.

rhapdog, I am categorizing this anomaly as just that, a fluke (for the moment!). My 950xl had never had this issue before (that I am aware of), and I am NOT ruling out operator error (at this point), and will monitor diligently for the next couple of days. Also bazaar; going from 7% to 97% in one hour is also suspicious, almost indicates a battery READ error - but, the phone also when through a lack-out-power shutdown. It is also possible (I guess) that there was some sort of obstacle preventing a good contact; I had had the phone in a pocket all day and it could have picked up some pocket lint??????

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Has there been a solution posted for the 14332 build install failing? I am on a 640 XL (US) and for 4 days the build will load but fails after about 1 minutes after it reflects its trying to install (Cogs rolling).

rurik

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Fitbit app cannot sync with Charge HR tracker after 14332. The tracker pairs fine with the phone in Bluetooth settings but the app does not find it. Tried re-pairing the tracker with Bluetooth, no change. Tracker itself syncs fine when I try with my iPhone 5s.

Still can't type some letters in url-field/search-field of Edge. W, A and Y won't work, can type it in normal text fields in edge (for example, typing on forums, or searching on google)

This happens with my Garmin Forerunner 235 too. Bluetooth shows devices paired but Garmin application doesn't finish connecting. I have seen other people report the same problem with this insider build on a Garmin forum. I even have the same problem on my desktop pc with newest insider build so clearly a Windows issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077