W10M Insider Preview 14332 Issues (Redstone branch)

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Issues in unlocking phone with 14322 and Lumia Icon. When I turn on, I see the lock screen without date and time, and no ability to unlock. This happens after phone is sitting on wireless charger for overnight, as well as multiple times during the day. Only fix is soft reset. Happens every morning and multiple times per day.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The first one is the biggest issue and a Microsoft engineer actually replied to the feedback thread on that one that they were aware of the issue and were troubleshooting it.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The past couple of days, I haven't realized that none of my notifications are appearing on my Band, until I get the whole day's worth of them all at once in the afternoon and the sudden intense vibrating scares the willies outta me.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else suddenly unable to use Outlook mobile? Mine started crashing on opening this evening.

Mark, I noticed this morning that when I tried to generate a NEW email from my most used Outlook account (Yahoo.mail); that it seem to get stuck on the all white screen, when I back out to the Start Screen. I repeated the: "New" email, attempt process a number of times; the first couple of re-attempts I was diverted back to the Start Screen, finally I was able to generate a New email - but, the Menu options at the bottom of the page were aligned to the left (instead of aligned to the right), this persisted for a while (15 mins), now all seems to be back to normal?

950XL, DS, USA

DaFrenchman

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Both Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar are crashing 10-15s after opening--and nothing is syncing. No accounts are apparently in them despite my phone showing all my accounts being there. After last night's Outlook Mail and Calendar update, the apps are unusable. On the PC side of things they got stupid then fixed themselves after a few seconds and are working fine--but the phone build is toast for me. Not sure what to do to resolve it at the moment.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got too frustrated with it and did a hard reset and restore. Now everything is back to normal. Outlook and Calendar were totally unusable. 950 XL USA

DaFrenchman

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Interesting development--my Band 2 is still getting email notifications but the Outlook apps are completely unusable. A couple of reboots (via holding down power and vol down) later and no change. I'd rather not do a hard reset and will wait and see if they fix this. I will submit something via the feedback hub.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting development--my Band 2 is still getting email notifications but the Outlook apps are completely unusable. A couple of reboots (via holding down power and vol down) later and no change. I'd rather not do a hard reset and will wait and see if they fix this. I will submit something via the feedback hub.

There's quite a few posts in feedback on this but no response from MSFT. The band is getting notifications because the emails are coming in but the client wont process and crashes. I could briefly see my unread mail before it crashed. I use email too much to wait so I had to do a reset.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Both Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar are crashing 10-15s after opening--and nothing is syncing. No accounts are apparently in them despite my phone showing all my accounts being there. After last night's Outlook Mail and Calendar update, the apps are unusable. On the PC side of things they got stupid then fixed themselves after a few seconds and are working fine--but the phone build is toast for me. Not sure what to do to resolve it at the moment.

There's an app update i saw

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
There's an app update i saw

After reading DeFrenchman's post I checked for Updates; there was 1 for OUTLOOK pending (due to an error when downloading, I guess). After a retry, and a successful download, I check my emails and all seems to be OK (all contacts in tact and sync shows up to date).

Riccardo_MD

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not seeing any update--I'm on version 17.6965.40462.0. I wish there was a way to roll back or reinstall a system app like this.

FIX (for my lumia 1520 OS 14332 MAIL ver 17.6965.40462.0)
1. Turn off
2. Remove SIM card and microsd
3.Turn on
4.Activate wi-fi (if not active)
5.Start Mail
6.Add an account (my 1520 NOW permitted)
7.Automatic reset of all previous settings with all mail download
8. Turn off
9. Replace SIM and microsd cards
10. Turn on

IT ALL WORKS OUT. Calendar, receiving and sending mail ...

MrGecko

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Unable to "Reply" to emails on my Icon. I can compose and send emails but not reply. The airplane symbol stays gray.

Everything eles seems to be working fine.

DaFrenchman

May 13, 2013
Visit site
FIX (for my lumia 1520 OS 14332 MAIL ver 17.6965.40462.0)
1. Turn off
2. Remove SIM card and microsd
3.Turn on
4.Activate wi-fi (if not active)
5.Start Mail
6.Add an account (my 1520 NOW permitted)
7.Automatic reset of all previous settings with all mail download
8. Turn off
9. Replace SIM and microsd cards
10. Turn on

IT ALL WORKS OUT. Calendar, receiving and sending mail ...

I'm happy to report this worked on my Icon without too much hassle--thanks for the work around! I should note that it took a little bit after boot up for the Add Account option to be lit up--it was grayed out for a few minutes after startup.

Damionix

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
In my case, my phone just starts vibrating hard and continuously. There is nothing you can do. The screen does not come on, the buttons don't respond. The first time I press and held Vol Down + Power till it soft reset. The second time I took out the battery. If it does it again, I will make a video so you all can see what I am talking about. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Lumia 950 AT&T.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
As time goes on the latest Redstone build is getting worse. Although initially OK, when the screen transitions from one thing to another, I see a corrupted screen for a split second most of the time now. The unlock screen is often unresponsive, so swiping up does not bring up the pin pad and I can't get into the phone. Also while trying to bring up the pin pad, I have also had a few spontaneous reboots. So while this build was ok to start with, it's getting steadily worse over time.

Damionix

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
As time goes on the latest Redstone build is getting worse. Although initially OK, when the screen transitions from one thing to another, I see a corrupted screen for a split second most of the time now. The unlock screen is often unresponsive, so swiping up does not bring up the pin pad and I can't get into the phone. Also while trying to bring up the pin pad, I have also had a few spontaneous reboots. So while this build was ok to start with, it's getting steadily worse over time.

I agree with you. My phone has rebooted to many many many many times I stopped counting. Yesterday, the endless vibration issue started.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb