W10M Insider Preview 10586.242 Issues (Threshold branch)

tanveerbhatti

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey... Did someone tried 10586.242 latest build on 512 mb devices??? How is the performance of .242 build???
Before this build my Lumia 625 was freezing 4,5 times a day

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,
Updated my Lumia 640 to .242 last night without problems. Rich Capture seems to work correctly now, with shorter saving times. Battery usage remains at about 4.6%/hour (double 8.1).
In an attempt to improve battery life, I tried to shut off Cortana, but can find no settings to do so! Anyone know how to do this with 242?

Go to the Cortana app in apps list then open Cortana. Click on the top left , the three tiny horizontal lines, then select "Notebook", then settings. The top slider will let you turn Cortana "off". I have the L640 and just did this myself.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Go to the Cortana app in apps list then open Cortana. Click on the top left , the three tiny horizontal lines, then select "Notebook", then settings. The top slider will let you turn Cortana "off". I have the L640 and just did this myself.
Thanks, I found the setting later in the day. IMHO, it should not be buried under Noteblook!
On another note, I have noticed that my pictures have not been backing up to Onedrive although I have the camera uplaod setting set to 'On'.
Have you had any problems with this? How is your battery usage?
'

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I found the setting later in the day. IMHO, it should not be buried under Noteblook!
On another note, I have noticed that my pictures have not been backing up to Onedrive although I have the camera uplaod setting set to 'On'.
Have you had any problems with this? How is your battery usage?
'

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My photos were updated okay. As far as battery it seems to be okay so far. I contacted Microsoft and suggested that they could make it easier to turn Cortana on and off.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
My mom updated her L735 to .242 & after the installation it is not possible to enter the SIM PIN code any more. Anyone that have simmilar issue?

I haven't had it in my hand yet. But she have rebooted the phone so the on/off button works & the touch display. She says that sometimes it gets a * or two when she touches the numbers, but it takes time so it feels slow. So it feels like the phone goes on 100% cpu, or something.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,
Updated my Lumia 640 to .242 last night without problems. Rich Capture seems to work correctly now, with shorter saving times. Battery usage remains at about 4.6%/hour (double 8.1).
In an attempt to improve battery life, I tried to shut off Cortana, but can find no settings to do so! Anyone know how to do this with 242?

There are still a few problems. I have a 640 with .242 and camera app 2016.325.61.0. I just tried taking 12 photos at first with mixed success.

• Photos 1-5 with HDR and no Living Images saved perfectly.
  • Photos 6-7 with HDR and no Living Images saved as a 1280x720px image, no geotag, no Living Image, and doesn't upload to OneDrive.
  • Photo 8 with HDR and Living Images saved with no "Show as Living Image" option and no "Choose the best lighting" option.
  • Photo 9 with HDR and Living Images saved with "Show as Living Image" option, but no "Choose the best lighting" option.
  • Photo 10 with HDR and Living Images saved as a 1280x720px image, no geotag, no Living Image, and doesn't upload to OneDrive.
  • Photos 11-12 with HDR and Living Images saved perfectly.

About 58% saved correctly. At least it works better than before when 80% of the test photos didn't save correctly. Still a roll of the dice, though. Until 100% of the photos save correctly, I can't call it fixed.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried moving the location of Pictures captured to Internal storage? Lots of evidence piling up that the write speed of SD slots simply can not keep up with the processing involved.

I changed the save location to internal storage and took 41 test photos. HDR and Living Images are both enabled. All photos were taken of a busy street, so every photo contained people and cars moving around. You're right. The results are indeed much better, but it still doesn't work as expected. And even if it worked 100%, it would only work conditionally, so it's a good temporary work-around, but I'm hoping Microsoft comes with a permanent fix.

HDR: 95.12% success rate. Only two pictures messed up, which is FAR better, but that's still two too many.
  • Images 1 and 34 suffered from the Rich Capture bug. 1280x720px, no geotag, no upload to OneDrive, tapping on "Choose the best lighting" results in "Something went wrong. Please try again."
  • Images 2-33, 35-41 saved HDR correctly. Found the 39 .nar files in the Camera Roll folder.

Living Images: 36.56% success rate.
  • 15 Images (2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 28, 31, 37) saved with a Living Image
  • The other 26 do not include the Living Image. I don't even get a "Show as a Living Image" option.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Having a great experience with .242 so far. Also noticed that the 'Shuffle' command now works correctly over Bluetooth from my car (Ford) in Groove, previously pressing the 'Shuffle' button in my car had no effect. It used to work in Zune and Xbox Music but hasn't worked in any W10M build until this one. At last!

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
on my 950xl with .242 I take a photo, I delete that photo, I go to file explorer and browse to camera roll, photo is still there ???

Same thing with live tile for photos, it shows photos which I have deleted long time ago ??

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Rich HDR remains quite iffy, as you never know if it will work correctly.....Battery usage remains at about 4.8%/hour.....

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm still depressed (but laughing) about circles and squares.
My phone doesn't work, but at least I have squares ....... squares are better, my phone doesn't work, but at least I have squares.
Please don't give me circles ........

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I stopped getting message notifications a while back and could only get them back by signing back in to Skype video (if I remember correctly).

In latest Redstone build, skype came back a stand alone messenger (AT LAST!) so that's unuseful, i fix remembering rebooting device once a day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05