Hello!
    Both my parents have a Lumia 640 running Windows 10 non-insider. Recently they have both sporadically stopped getting notifications for text-messages. It happens in "waves", whereas for a few days, text-messages does not appear anywhere on the phone, no notifications, no new messages in the app. And then, suddenly after a few days, all the messages that did not display, suddenly appears (loudly) about 22:30 in the evening (that's 10:30 PM for you Americans ;-)).
    This is a really big issue, as my mother missed a meeting, and almost an appointment to the doctor.
    I have tried soft-resets but the issue is still present. I find it kind of strange that both the phones got the problem at the same time, but I could not find anyone with similar problems on Bing/Google.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated!
    04-28-2016 01:55 PM
    Since thuesday 26/04 i'm unable to send or receive text messages on my lumia 640LTE.
    04-30-2016 02:58 AM
    Hello!
    Both my parents have a Lumia 640 running Windows 10 non-insider. Recently they have both sporadically stopped getting notifications for text-messages. It happens in "waves", whereas for a few days, text-messages does not appear anywhere on the phone, no notifications, no new messages in the app. And then, suddenly after a few days, all the messages that did not display, suddenly appears (loudly) about 22:30 in the evening (that's 10:30 PM for you Americans ;-)).
    This is a really big issue, as my mother missed a meeting, and almost an appointment to the doctor.
    I have tried soft-resets but the issue is still present. I find it kind of strange that both the phones got the problem at the same time, but I could not find anyone with similar problems on Bing/Google.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated!
    can you check both phones to see if there are any OS updates and messaging app updates?
    secondly, are the region, date and time settings correct?
    Finally, are APN settings correct?
    05-05-2016 08:12 AM