Location of files sent via bluetooth

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In windows phone 8.1, we had issues with receiving files sent via bluetooth as we didn't know where they would go and sometimes if we received many at a time, only one would be visible.

So I decided to check if the situation has improved. I'm using a lumia 1020 with 10586.242 build. I sent files from my surface 3

The first test was sending two different files at the same time. I sent a jpeg file and a pdf file. Both were received. On checking photos app, the jpeg file showed up. On checking file explorer, the pdf file was stored in downloads folder while the picture got stored in saved pictures folder which is in pictures folder.

Next was an epub file which is unrecognised by my phone. So this was about sending files that are not recognised. It also got stored in downloads folder

Third was sending a song and then a video. Both have gone missing and I can't see them in their respective apps or in storage. I'll try again for these files.

Points to note. There is no send via bluetooth option on my surface 3 with windows 10. You have to open file sharing program for bluetooth, the old clunky one
Also, you can receive files even if your mobile screen is locked as the notifications come through.

Summary:
Documents and unknown file types go to downloads folder
Pictures go to saved pictures folder

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Update:

I sent a few mp3 files via bluetooth and they were all received in music folder. Groove picked them also and I'm playing them

So mp3 files go to music folder.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Two irritating things are that I have to accept every time to receive a file via bluetooth. I can select 100 files to send but on windows 10 mobile, I have to accept every file as they come in. No accept all functionality

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The pdf file is now broken in .420 build. I sent a pdf file from a 8.1 phone to one running 10586.420 and every time the file was received but it disappears - not seen in downloads folder or anywhere else. Adobe reader couldn't find it. Really disappointing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss