Current slow ring build?

Robindjuret

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there any fast way of finding out which is the current slow ring build? I installed the fast ring build 14332 on my Lumia 650 and the phone is near unusable. I tried to get it back to the newest production build by resetting it but somehow I ended up with 14332 again. So I'm thinkin I should just set my updating to adhere to the slow ring and perhaps I'll get more stable builds. However, slow builds seem to come out a lot less frequently than fast ones? Is this a correct impression? What to do what to do.

Another thing; my new Lumia 650 is ALOT slower than my 2.5 year old Iphone 5S and even slower than my Iphone 4S! Crazy.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
There is a news article on Windows Central that explains all about the various Insider rings. If you're after stability then the release preview ring is the way to go.

Robindjuret

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Weirdly, I can't seem to select Release Preview build anymore. When I first downloaded the Insider App on the production build, I had the option of choosing Fast Ring, Slow Ring and Release Preview. Now on build 14332 I can only choose between slow and fast. I guess I'm gonna have to start reading up on this stuff :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there any fast way of finding out which is the current slow ring build? I installed the fast ring build 14332 on my Lumia 650 and the phone is near unusable. I tried to get it back to the newest production build by resetting it but somehow I ended up with 14332 again. So I'm thinkin I should just set my updating to adhere to the slow ring and perhaps I'll get more stable builds. However, slow builds seem to come out a lot less frequently than fast ones? Is this a correct impression? What to do what to do.

Another thing; my new Lumia 650 is ALOT slower than my 2.5 year old Iphone 5S and even slower than my Iphone 4S! Crazy.

Which Windows Insider Ring is best? All you need to know about Slow, Fast, and Release Preview rings | Windows Central

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I got a 650 with Redstone too. That's a lighting. Obviously it can be fast as a iPhone 5S (Lumia 650 is a middle-ware Snapdragon, Apple A series cpu are another world since ever)
But Win o.s. is far better when you're lookin for something less childlish

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Weirdly, I can't seem to select Release Preview build anymore. When I first downloaded the Insider App on the production build, I had the option of choosing Fast Ring, Slow Ring and Release Preview. Now on build 14332 I can only choose between slow and fast. I guess I'm gonna have to start reading up on this stuff :).

Once you get on the Redstone Builds the only way to go back to Threshold is to revert to 8.1 with WDRT and then either take the official OTA (approved devices) or use Insider again to go with the Release Ring.

Check out this thread: Windows Insider Testing and You [Recommended Guidelines]

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
A dumb question:
A friend of mine installed some preview version but he can't remember which one, i.e. Fast, Slow or Release.
Where can he look for this info for?

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Guys, TY for your replies.
I know exactly what the build number is. It's Threshold 218. I just want to know which ring the phone is in - Slow, Fast or Release.
Is there somewhere I can find this info?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys, TY for your replies.
I know exactly what the build number is. It's Threshold 218. I just want to know which ring the phone is in - Slow, Fast or Release.
Is there somewhere I can find this info?

that would be production build. it's the publicly available build. Not slow, fast or release

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett