I am trying to revert my AT&T Lumia 1520 from Redstone back to the Release Ring, and after completing a back-up have successfully used the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset my phone to Windows 8.

However I chose "sign-in later" at the initial set up screen, and then downloaded Windows Insider from the Store. I selected the Release Preview Ring, which is now installing.

My question is, how will I be able to restore my recent back-up without resetting the device back to Windows 8? Is this possible?
    05-13-2016 08:11 PM
    I am trying to revert my AT&T Lumia 1520 from Redstone back to the Release Ring, and after completing a back-up have successfully used the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset my phone to Windows 8.

However I chose "sign-in later" at the initial set up screen, and then downloaded Windows Insider from the Store. I selected the Release Preview Ring, which is now installing.

My question is, how will I be able to restore my recent back-up without resetting the device back to Windows 8? Is this possible?
    Sure. Your phone, after your log in and identity double check, will inform you about a backup available.
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    05-14-2016 02:47 AM
    Sure. Your phone, after your log in and identity double check, will inform you about a backup available.

Didn't know that so he wouldn't have to hard reset all over again to get his backup?

Sent from mTalk
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    05-14-2016 07:22 AM
    Didn't know that so he wouldn't have to hard reset all over again to get his backup?

Sent from mTalk
    Backup means that: save for further recover in case of restore (or device change)
    05-14-2016 10:37 AM