W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Could someone please confirm for me (particularly someone with a 1520 but i guess any phone will work) that Text Scaling change. For the first time ever, changing the Text Scaling in phone settings affects how web pages are displayed. Unfortunately. So now, I cant use a higher setting because of the massive distortion on webpages. Before, I always had Text Scaling high because, IMO, the main text of the Phone OS apps like Messaging, is way too small. And it never affected webpages before.

Is this happening to other people as well?

You are not alone. Like another poster said,its like Fisher Price! Unbelievable how inconsistent it is for text across the All Apps list and various apps. As a PMP who has managed multimillion dollar software projects, I am shocked at this W10M. They clearly have the B Team assigned.

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

I speculate the battery issues are caused by one of the radios. After I removed the sim and turned off Wifi and Bluetooth it seems to be charging normally.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

If you have the phone scaling at anything other than the lowest, try going to daddyleagues.com/madscrubs for instance. Way out of whack. Even cnn isnt great if scaling isnt at lowest setting. youre right about the Reading mode, i was wrong about that. But i have tried Mobile and Desktop mode and it doesnt change it. The only thing that makes it readable is having phone in lowest scaling and that was never the case before this build.

Yah I do notice the increase in text size but I wouldn't say it makes things unusable. That daddy website is just a badly designed one to begin with but I can still use it and navigate, zoom in and such.

CNN the text could be nicer looking hehe.

wp_ss_20160517_0001.jpg

wp_ss_20160517_0002.jpg

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Lumia Icon
Massive battery drain.
Battery usage by app shows Microsoft Health 47%, managed by Windows, Cortana 24% managed by Windows in last 24hrs.
Microsoft Health hasn't been this high on any other build I have had installed on this device.
I have my Band 2 on and linked to it but like I said before, last build it was just fine, MS Health was around 15% when looking at last 24hrs.

anyone else seeing this?

its bad enough I have to either turn MS Health OFF from background or let phone just die. plugged in or wireless charger, neither one are keeping up know with the battery drain

device is getting so hot can barely hold it now.

xxpatrioticxx

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
L1520 having trouble starting after 14342 update (Fast Ring)

Lumia 1520 shows the 'Nokia' logo and then turns off/sleeps. Only starts/restarts on soft or hard reset but will not start with conventional power button. Problem has persisted since the phone has shutdown to update for 14342. Restart attempt had failed prior to this attempt which was done manually.

AT&T
Lumia 1520
Fast Ring

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

You are not alone. Like another poster said,its like Fisher Price! Unbelievable how inconsistent it is for text across the All Apps list and various apps. As a PMP who has managed multimillion dollar software projects, I am shocked at this W10M. They clearly have the B Team assigned.

If u want to laugh, try the American Express app...text is ridiculously huge...w10m is becoming a farce

xxpatrioticxx

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: L1520 having trouble starting after 14342 update (Fast Ring)

Looks like this is a common problem. Gonna stop resetting and just let it fix itself.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Glance screen seems wonky. I'm noticing a lot of lag after hitting the power button. I turned Glance off and thus far no problems.

Lumia 1520.

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

Everythings seems to be working well except I can't change my tiles positions on my band 2. Groove and bluetooth working well. Download and install took a while but did so without freezing. Really like my unlocked 950xl.

TenchiZ06

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Good no longer works. It keeps crashing.

When it is up, you cannot click on anything.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Yah I do notice the increase in text size but I wouldn't say it makes things unusable. That daddy website is just a badly designed one to begin with but I can still use it and navigate, zoom in and such.

CNN the text could be nicer

bbc.co.uk/news , make sure it's the mobile site, then click on Sections to get a drop down list.

And then laugh !

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Well..... did not realize there were so many issues with this build. I am happy to report I have not experienced any of the issues listed in this thread :). I got the update downloaded at about 11:30pm last night and then had it go to the install portion and at some point fell asleep lol. Woke up this morning with it fully installed and 100% battery.

Took it off the charger and now at work and my battery is just now hitting 82%. Which is a big improvement over last build for me. I haven't seen any of the scaling issues in Edge, but I keep my text on the smallest scaling anyways. Glance works now for me. Windows Hello is a little different now, but it still works about the same. All of my apps launch and work. Just now downloading the updates from the store though so we'll see how that goes. Overall, really enjoying this build.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Well..... did not realize there were so many issues with this build. I am happy to report I have not experienced any of the issues listed in this thread :). I got the update downloaded at about 11:30pm last night and then had it go to the install portion and at some point fell asleep lol. Woke up this morning with it fully installed and 100% battery.

Took it off the charger and now at work and my battery is just now hitting 82%. Which is a big improvement over last build for me. I haven't seen any of the scaling issues in Edge, but I keep my text on the smallest scaling anyways. Glance works now for me. Windows Hello is a little different now, but it still works about the same. All of my apps launch and work. Just now downloading the updates from the store though so we'll see how that goes. Overall, really enjoying this build.

So they focused on 950 and screw all the other hand sets

vukmania

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

App like Spotify, 9gag and many other cannot be open. They give me "9GAG can't be opened. An app update mat be available in the Store"

Any suggestions for a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb