W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. On my AT&T Lumia 1520 I'm noticing ridiculous battery drain. I had briefly used the phone with Edge for 15 min or so and went from 100 to 93 during that time. Put my phone down and came back an hour later and it was at 78%. Even with battery saver and all apps closed out the battery has gone down 4% or so in 10 minutes. Unfortunately I'm probably gonna have to go back. :eck:

Relax, that's normal, it happens after every update. Mine stopped stanby draining after a couple of hours, this time

wizaard

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

One of the worse builds for me and my L930 once more - the heating and battery drain issue is back again, quite big time. :-( And yes, I have already reported it in the Feedback Hub.

I am really happy Microsoft is releasing the new builds fast and I know this is a fast ring preview, however, the last couple of builds are like a see saw in terms of heating and battery drain. The first Redstone build was terrible, then it was fine, now quite terrible again... We will see. :) But I like the updated notification design (only white icon on black background, without the accent color).

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Mine was stuck for close to 2hrs, and that was way before Gabe and gang posted the article on this particular issue...

andy, my 950XL is stalled on the windows icon screen after update, are you saying to be patient, that you waited 2 hours on this screen before the phone corrected it's self, or did you take some action to correct the perpetual rebooting state?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

"Capacitive" (physical) buttons aren't available on newer Lumias. I have L830.

FYR: Capacitive also defined as:

Capacitive touchscreen displays rely on the electrical properties of the human body to detect when and where on a display the user touches. Because of this, capacitive displays can be controlled with very light touches of a finger and generally cannot be used with a mechanical stylus or a gloved hand.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

andy, my 950XL is stalled on the windows icon screen after update, are you saying to be patient, that you waited 2 hours on this screen before the phone corrected it's self, or did you take some action to correct the perpetual rebooting state?

Let it sit on that screen for around 40 minutes, then do a soft reset. It should continue the update process then.

solarscreen

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Complete loss of Quick Actions for me! Seriously MS? Guess I need to hard reset and start all over. Not very happy at all and getting tired of all this half finished bug filled build crap!! :eck:

LOL... says the guy who is on the Fast Ring!

Seriously though, Redstone has been painful but I'm looking forward to where this is going.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Came looking for this thread as I still haven't received the update. Anyone else in the UK received it?
Still on 14332 on a 950XL in the UK.

(Also, didn't realise that the WC app doesn't show sticky threads - so this thread doesn't appear to exist)

Arobs45

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I feel the text messages are VERY long to send (about 1 minute, when it was instantaneous previously). But they are going !

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

FYR: Capacitive also defined as:

Capacitive touchscreen displays rely on the electrical properties of the human body to detect when and where on a display the user touches. Because of this, capacitive displays can be controlled with very light touches of a finger and generally cannot be used with a mechanical stylus or a gloved hand.

I know that. The other guy initially didn't get that I was talking about the hardware keys. Whatever the definition maybe, wrt to WP's NavBar, "capacitive keys" traditionally means the non on-screen keys.

Arobs45

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I am glad my update when smoothly... On Lumia 735
T0 : Restart and gears
T0+15min : Restart after gears and windows logo... Getting anxious about the "40 minutes" thing
T0+16min : Migration progress bar starting.... Yahoooooooo
T0+28min : Migration finished
T0+29min : Pin Code prompted

Happy....

Arobs45

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Guys, (girls ?)

I am fighting since at least 3 builds against the brightness settings that are unresponsive on my Lumia 735. I can not adujst anything, either if auto-brightness is set or not.
Anyone else having the same thing ? A hard reset did not change anything.

And my prox sensor is checked working...

Any idea ? All my searches went into no solution.... :(
It's getting a bit annoying with summer coming...

Thanks

Ronzon Fumes

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Relax, that's normal, it happens after every update. Mine stopped stanby draining after a couple of hours, this time

Hopefully so. This is just the worst I've ever seen it especially considering the battery life this particular phone has. I'm thinking by no apps running in standby and battery saver on it will sort itself out.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

My 950 XL DS US upgraded without issue. So far so good but only a few hours of use. None of the previous issues I was having have surfaced yet and everything seems to be working as expected.

chinkylyle168

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone else seeing the search box in the settings app selected by the time you open it? (text cursor is highlighted)
And did the new Store app remove the "what's new" part?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

My 950 XL DS US upgraded without issue. So far so good but only a few hours of use. None of the previous issues I was having have surfaced yet and everything seems to be working as expected.

Battery life is still a disaster.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

No luck for me, stuck at the Windows Logo screen for 2hrs before I attempt any soft reset but to no avail.

Had to restore my Lumia 950 Dual SIM using WDRT.

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

select the dont recognize in wdrt and follow the process.It will see the phone then

I did this...it still does not see it....it continues to search with a messach of restarting by pressing the power and the volume down button simultaneously. However it never recognizes the device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans