W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Same experience but stuck at T-Mobile logo for a five minutes. Soft resetting my Alcatel Fierce XL allowed it to finish install.

AlphAtomix

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Xiaomi mi4
used all my battery in 6 hours :eck:
I used the phone for 1-2 hours, standby for the rest of the time but my battery is now on 0%.
The phone was hot.

Hope this could help.

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

FINALLY!!! after three hours of sitting at the logo screen...I decided to do a reset and it came back up stating that it was updated! Its currently updating all apps.....crazy!

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So, I hate the new Glance: sloooow, and without some important icon like BATTERY and vibro

Plus you can't turn it off for night mode. only set to a colour. I don't understand why they would remove features just to move it to a different section in Settings.

brizzock

May 17, 2016
Visit site

After the update to 14342.1001 I cannot turn on Cellular data. The option is greyed out in settings\Network & Wireless\Cellular & Sim.

Phone: Lumia Icon/929 Verizon

This phone was failing to apply the update for many days and then it miraculously completed overnight while plugged in. I have tried Soft Reset, removing/reinstalling the SIM. The phone does see the SIM card, but displays "No network found". What do I do?:grincry:

Edwardlb20

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

My Lumia 930 is stuck in a boot loop with no charge! When I plug in the phone, it vibrates, shows the Nokia logo, then powers off, in a loop. It has been doing it for at least 45 minutes now. What should I do?

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone noticed that a bunch of the apps will now not load?? Waze, surfline, amazon, linkedin to name a few??

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Another terrible step backward. I just don't get it. It seems to me that the code they use is such a mish mash of hacks that anytime they modify anything the whole thing turns to ****e.
I get that we are testing software here, but I just don't understand why it doesn't get incrementally better. Its almost like someone decides to purposely sabotage it just as it starts to become useful.
This update is the next step backward in the 1 step forward 3 steps back dance that MS are doing with this mobile os. It has turned my L930 into an unusable pocket hand warmer for the full 10 minutes it can power itself.
Its draining so fast it wont even charge, and its not caching or whatever bs that is. Its been on the charger since I installed the update last night (14 hours ago) and is at 7%.

YAY :evil:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Another terrible step backward. I just don't get it. It seems to me that the code they use is such a mish mash of hacks that anytime they modify anything the whole thing turns to ****e.
I get that we are testing software here, but I just don't understand why it doesn't get incrementally better. Its almost like someone decides to purposely sabotage it just as it starts to become useful.
This update is the next step backward in the 1 step forward 3 steps back dance that MS are doing with this mobile os. It has turned my L930 into an unusable pocket hand warmer for the full 10 minutes it can power itself.
Its draining so fast it wont even charge, and its not caching or whatever bs that is. Its been on the charger since I installed the update last night (14 hours ago) and is at 7%.

YAY :evil:

I agree. For as long as this has been worked on, we're still so far away to anything resembling the smoothness of WP 8.1. I understand too, theyre test builds but wow, its constantly been a step forward and two steps back. I dont know if they just have new people working on this or not enough. But what's it been, a year or more now? And counting..... Yet does not seem like we're anywhere close to being close to complete and smooth and mostly bug free.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Text scaling effects Edge now, which should not be the case. Edge has its own scaling, but it seems over-written by what your Text scaling is in the phone settings. I have to have Text Scaling down to 100% on my 1520 for websites to display correctly. The problem with this is the phone text at the lowest setting is way too small.

Before this build, I always had Text Scaling higher and it never affected websites in Edge.

Can anyone else confirm that this isnt just a problem I am having?

Yes, I'm seeing this on my Lumia 535. I have Text set to 120% under Ease of Access because W10M is unreadable otherwise, and now Edge looks like it was coded by Fisher Price....

Where are the text scaling option within Edge itself?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Glad I gave up on Redstone on phone (950XL) until Release Preview. It's still too much of a mixed bag. And reading here it looks like I made the correct choice...

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I'm seeing this on my Lumia 535. I have Text set to 120% under Ease of Access because W10M is unreadable otherwise, and now Edge looks like it was coded by Fisher Price....

Where are the text scaling option within Edge itself?

I was wrong about the text settings in Edge. Thats just for Reading View..

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Mranieri I haven't had that issue. Amazon loads fine. Don't have the other apps installed.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Glad I gave up on Redstone on phone (950XL) until Release Preview. It's still too much of a mixed bag. And reading here it looks like I made the correct choice...

Im with you. If I saw more steady, quicker progress with these builds, id stay with it, but its just not worth the hassle anymore when I have one phone. Im going to roll back to 8.1 and then go to the steady build of 10. I cant deal with this anymore.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Edge often finish loading page (no progress bar, just reload button) but display blank screen and sometime it shows the page after few seconds.

Little off topic, is there any option to change default browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss