W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjspyder

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

I'm having the massive battery drain issue on my Icon. When I see what app is eating the battery in Settings, the Start app is over 50% of the battery use. No other apps are above 10%. I did notice the battery drain stopped after turning on airplane mode, but it makes a phone rather useless if I have to keep in airplane mode.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the massive battery drain issue on my Icon. When I see what app is eating the battery in Settings, the Start app is over 50% of the battery use. No other apps are above 10%. I did notice the battery drain stopped after turning on airplane mode, but it makes a phone rather useless if I have to keep in airplane mode.

i am having same issue but it seems to show Microsoft Health eating up the battery. Turned that background task off and it seems to have calmed down but as soon as I turn that back on, it goes craze with the battery usage and the damn thing heats up so much that I can barley hold the device.

thinking hard about going back to the production branch (TH2)

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Unable to hear text messages being read through my Bluetooth headset, switches off and reads it through the speaker of the phone (Alcatel Fierce XL)...didn't see where this was an issue. Anyone else have this...and has it been fixed, or will it be fixed.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Ok, here is my laundry list on my unbranded 930.

1, Choppy music playback on Deezer UWP app. i know that's a "preview" app, but was working flawlessly in earlier builds. Now you get the intermittent less-the-a-second pauses every 5-30 seconds. Fun to listen to music like this... (checked both via wired and wireless BT headset)
2, Deezer UWP app didn't even want to start up after a while, had to uninstall reinstall
3, Music controls (play/pause/back/forward) no longer working with Nokia BH-121 stereo headset
4, Edge browser: text input filed on websites often does not react to clicking to add text. Or once you added something, suddenly you can no longer delete and replace text - the cursor disappears. Also, keyboard does not get activated sometimes
5, False data limit warning - I have 3GB left as per the service provider's app. Had to disable the data limit watch as it kept popping up every 3 seconds.

Guillermo R

May 5, 2015
Visit site

If 930 enters into reboot loop, try another Charger, not PC USB, Wall AC tipe. Same here, PC USB doesn't push enough power against such a huge drain!!!

Ronzon Fumes

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Check your battery stat, mine 1520 also same issue, detected it's Cortana app issue, disable Cortana background running and the drain gone.

Sadly no luck even with disabling both of those. I'm also running into an issue with the settings app freezing and crashing. So I can't even switch to the 6 hour view without it just crashing to the Start screen. I'll probably just roll my phone back here in a few once its charged back up.

fatfatty

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Similar experience with L930. Huge battery drain compared to previous builds. MS Health big culprit with 70% battery usage, hadn't even opened app. I have a band 1...could this (with Bluetooth) be part of the issue? Biggest app issue so far is Groove won't even open, which I haven't seen anyone else talk about here. Any 930 owners do a hard reset that helped fix things? I might try...

donaldvc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

This is the build i've been waiting for. They finally fixed the nuances that have been driving me CRAZY the last 3-4 releases. (random shut off's, phone freezing when i got text on a locked screen [private messages were enabled] and accidentally double pressing the power button causing all-around funkiness). Thank you for returning stability to redstone!
Thanks, exactly my experience on a 950 XL.

jjspyder

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Update - My Icon seems to have settled down and is no longer draining the battery. I'm not sure if this was the case, but a ton of apps may have been updating in the background causing my battery to drain. I noticed in the new store that a bunch of apps were updated today.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm so annoyed. This build so perfect except one major bug which is troubling me since morning on my Lumia 950XL. The data connection works only for few minutes after install. Then it just stops and if i try to use the data connection toggle in action center, phone just hangs and i have to restart it by holding power button. Same thing happens with the Wifi too :(. I already tried hard reseting phone twice. Any suggestions? Am i the only one facing this issue?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 730 Dual sim,
1- Text input on web pages responding very late or didn't respond at all.
2- cell works fine for single sim but after inserting the 2nd it just give lot of bugs i-e Mobile Data totally hangs the device till pull out the 2nd sim.
3- cellular Sim in settings doesn't work and hangs the device till pulling out the battery for restart, even the Power button don't respond.

I have the exact same issue in my lumia 950XL :(

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

I had to use the software recovery tool to reset my 640 because it stopped sending messages! It wouldn't let me send or receive anything after going into a cellular dead zone. All of the sudden I received a bunch of messages at once, then they stopped coming in or going out. I don't know what the deal is but any amount of tinkering wouldn't fix it. I backed up my phone, and now I'm in the process of updating back to the preview release build.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm so annoyed. This build so perfect except one major bug which is troubling me since morning on my Lumia 950XL. The data connection works only for few minutes after install. Then it just stops and if i try to use the data connection toggle in action center, phone just hangs and i have to restart it by holding power button. Same thing happens with the Wifi too :(. I already tried hard reseting phone twice. Any suggestions? Am i the only one facing this issue?

If you use both Sims you are not alone.Msft is trying to fix the bug

rsdimba

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

I am noticing the same on Lumia Icon, when in use the battery is draining faster than charging! I had it charging after hard reset and copying photos back to phone. When I started copying battery was at 43% and charging, when done battery was at 13% and charging!

Is there a way to go back to 14332 build? One good thing about this build, message are being read out on Bluetooth!

Is Hey Cortana working for other? On mine it says Cortana needs to be enabled but it is already enabled!

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I've never experienced anything like this. I have a Lumia Icon which is my main phone and a 950XL on the side as an unactivated device. My 950 XL is fantastic on this build with no discernible issues and with such incredible speed that this build rivals IOS in many ways now.

My Icon is a completely different story. The phone died within 3-5 hours of being off the charger from 100% charge with no one directly attributable app to it. I've had it on a charger plugged directly into the wall (as opposed to through my computer via USB) and the phone won't even turn on. I'm wondering how it is that this build has wrecked the phone so bad that even when it's dead, it's burning through battery so much as to not even start up again. I hope I can use WDRT to revert it back and restore it, because this is terrible.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Mine has been running great minus a few weird things.

*The iris scan works but it doesn't have the animation at the top that it's actually being triggered. IT just says "Swipe up to dismiss lock screen". But then out of nowhere it says "hey Krystian". And of course I see the red IR light on so I know it's scanning.

*The battery seems to do well when I'm in standby or doing basic things. But if I run a game it drains super quick.

*Text scaling in Edge. While I haven't encountered any issues where pages were not usable. It does look sort of funky with the big fonts on some sites. They don't cause any abnormalities for me though as shown by screenshots. However, having edge have separate scaling would make more sense.

The plus side to the IR scanner animation text? The IR scanner now properly triggers only after the password required timeout is reached. So if I have it set to 15 minutes it won't trigger every time I press the power button, only after the 15 minute timer expires.

Edge also lets you pin websites to start screen as usual, but now the actual Tiles are the website logos not the Edge logo. Yay!

The live tile updates are much faster than before.
Generally the operation seems faster as well.

I'm still seeing if I like the new store or not. It doesn't seem that much different other than the home page having quicker access to a few things. The plus is you can remove stuff from the "my library" section now.

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

On the Lumia Icon there is something continually pinging the network. I think if we could find out what this is we might nail down the battery drain problem. Too bad the Data Usage app isn't working.

p.ashton

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

Any change in Health battery usage with background set to off?
Battery life improved a little and the phone cooled off a lot once Health background was set to off, but still not what it used to be before this update. Just installed the new Health app and nothing much has changed. With Health background set to on, phone can barely charge while plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786