W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sklchan

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Second time verified it's the Cortana causing the battery drain in background. Doing the second test because don't want to lost the Cortana schedule quite hour function but too bad she still act weird in this build.

AlphAtomix

May 17, 2016
Visit site

When i enable "developer mode" the cpu is on 10-15% and phone is not hot.
When i enable "windows store app" the phone is hot (can't see % of cpu).
Update

When the screen is OFF in developer mode the cpu go to 50-60%
When the screen is ON in developer mode the cpu go to 10-15%
(xiaomi mi4)

WTF? How can i tell it to MS?

I am trying to disable timeout of the screen and take brightness to minimum...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Update

When the screen is OFF in developer mode the cpu go to 50-60%
When the screen is ON in developer mode the cpu go to 10-15%
(xiaomi mi4)

WTF? How can i tell it to MS?

I am trying to disable timeout of the screen and take brightness to minimum...

That's weird

Seems like phone is waiting for you to idle it for doing something in backgroud, like a desktop antivirus.

Go in feedback hub

FAVIOLOSKY

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

My Xiaomi Mi4 is also having Massive Battery Drains to the point of not being able to use the phone anymore.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

The biggest bust with this build is the Windows Store "Check for Updates" is non-functional. How does a bug like this get past MS QA Dept. (if they even have one), especially since they took the time to redesign the Store app. Good grief!

They actually improved how the updates are checked. It works fine. You're just used to the long wait which isn't going to be an issue anymore.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The biggest bust with this build is the Windows Store "Check for Updates" is non-functional. How does a bug like this get past MS QA Dept. (if they even have one), especially since they took the time to redesign the Store app. Good grief!

You dont pay attention, sir ;) It always worked, and showed the chrono list too as asked by insider to the "OMG we got it" (according to you) QA Dept.
only the graphic button was wrong. They just fixed it too.

Last edited:

ittojo

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Back in the rebooting issue once again, when I get a call I can talk for 1 minute and then I get a reboot. Have had some random reboots as well, going back to production. 950XL

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone think we will get a new mobile build this week. The current one is a mess, and I am trying to avoid WDRT.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

My experience with this build so far on my 950XL DS Lumia.

1) Update process went very smoothly. After update I hard reset my device. I ALWAYS hard reset after any Insider Build. I have tried not hard resetting and I sometimes have things that don't work properly but after a hard reset everything looks and runs fine.

2) Battery life is very good. Can't say it's any better than the last build but I can easily go from getting up in the morning until going to bed on a single charge. With that said, if I do any gaming on it then I will have to throw a quick charge on at some point. With Quick Charge though this is not a problem at all for me.

3) Speed and fluidity are outstanding on this build for me. Resuming to an app is also much quicker than before. Scrolling and swiping are very responsive.

4) The new store looks good but I am having a little issue with it. I checked for updates after installing the new Store App and everything went fine. It found about 15 apps that needed updated and worked perfectly doing so. I'm liking the new UI very much. Now though I can't check for updates anymore. I can touch the button and it flashes but never goes out and actually checks for updates. I've rebooted a few times and that didn't fix the issue. I knew there was a new Windows Central app update so I searched it in the store on my device. It found it and showed it has an update available even though Check For Updates wasn't working. It installed fine. So, I'll wait to see if it will find updates automatically from this point. Definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Well, guess that's it for me at the moment. Again this is just my experience on my Lumia 950XL DS.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone think we will get a new mobile build this week. The current one is a mess, and I am trying to avoid WDRT.

Yes this build is horrible. Tweet your dissatisfaction to @gabeaul @northfacehiker to let them know we need new build

mgd 57

May 18, 2016
Visit site
What a diabolical mess, this update has all but finished me with windows, on Lumia 1520, now have no auto screen brightness, email sync's no longer, alarm caused the phone to crash this morning, when posting on instagram the keyboard is minus a comma, when replying to emails, punctuation marks don't show on recipients mail, cortana shows up news item on flip tile but when you open the ap it freezes and so it goes on and on and on!
My god, who send this stuff out from MS it really is unbelievable, I've refrained from posting here for weeks but think it's time to vent.
I just love the 1520 but I really do think it's time to jump ship.
A year in the building by one of the most wealthy and best equipped company's world wide with supposedly the most talented staff???
One begs to think differently.
Yes, we all know it's a build which can be a tad buggy and we know the risks but without a doubt they appear to be break more than they fix!!!!

Last edited:

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

My experience with this build so far on my 950XL DS Lumia.

2) Battery life is very good. Can't say it's any better than the last build but I can easily go from getting up in the morning until going to bed on a single charge. With that said, if I do any gaming on it then I will have to throw a quick charge on at some point. With Quick Charge though this is not a problem at all for me.
Interestingly, I've never had an issue with battery life on my 735 until this build. Phone is constantly slightly warm (not hot, but warm, its doing something...) and my battery life is terrible since the latest update. It appears, based on the battery usage by apps view, that Cortana may be a culprit. But I'm not sure what I can do about it?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I have updated to this build, the update went smooth and it works same like before with bit more consistency. Below are the issues,

1. Dual Sim settings (as mentioned) - will not work from action center or initially . After couple of reboots and soft resets it will work.
2. Same case will be applicable to Whatsapp.
3. I never able to connect/pair with my Microsoft Band 2 :(
4. Random asking for Microsoft account password even though you did a single sign -on during installation.

P.S. I have a beautiful Lumia 950 XL and attractive red Mozo replaceable cover ;)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

What a diabolical mess, this update has all but finished me with windows, on Lumia 1520, now have no auto screen brightness, email sync's no longer, alarm caused the phone to crash this morning, when posting on instagram the keyboard is minus a comma, when replying to emails, punctuation marks don't show on recipients mail, cortana shows up news item on flip tile but when you open the ap it freezes and so it goes on and on and on!
My god, who send this stuff out from MS it really is unbelievable, I've refrained from posting here for weeks but think it's time to vent.
I just love the 1520 but I really do think it's time to jump ship.
A year in the building by one of the most wealthy and best equipped company's world wide with supposedly the most talented staff???
One begs to think differently.
Yes, we all know it's a build which can be a tad buggy and we know the risks but without a doubt they appear to be break more than they fix!!!!

Turn back to official build

jjspyder

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

24 Hours later I am still having massive battery drain on my Icon. It burns through battery faster than it can charge. Task Manager lite tells me the CPU is constantly at 50% CPU with cellular data on. The only way to get it to charge is to put it in airplane mode. I can still turn on wifi and Bluetooth while in airplane mode and the CPU usage drops to around 15%. I don't think this is an app issue because it would still burn through battery with just wifi on if it was an app issue. The problem is definitely related to the cellular data connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss