W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamylasg

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Anyone else having problems with the touch/screen recognition? I updated my L730 to 1003 yesterday and only now these problems started. It happens when I'm typing, but also on any other screen. Example: I type "k" and it recognizes k and shift and enter and several other keys almost at once. Or I choose to open Cortana and it recognizes another app in the list... I tried changing the touch sensivity and a soft reset, but nothing changed. Guess I'll try a hard reset when I get home today.

TechObsess

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

i am on Windows 10 Mobile Build 14342.1003 and flash player does not work on Edge. Using a Lumia 950xl.

If i try to login to xfinity and play any video I get the error message. Other sites too have the same problem.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Couple of issues with this build, main one being battery drain is noticeably worse, the second issue was I opened a text message this morning (the only one that was waiting to be read), when I had read it, the Messaging tile and lock-screen both indicated that there was 46 new text messages, obviously untrue. Just left it and it did sort itself out at some point during the day.

Battery drain is not good though. Been off charge for around 15 hours and only 24% left, for the amount I've used it today, it would normally have more remaining that that.

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Update: False alarm. It is because I had cellular data turned off to try and conserve battery.

Can't send or receive pictures in messaging. Don't know if it is related to 1003 patch or not.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Well, decided to hard reset my 640 XL and for the moment everything is operating normally again with the bonus of being able to hear Cortana talking now so that's a plus. I did a restore from backup and with most of my apps on the SD Card it was rather painless. Too early to tell on battery use.

Franztastik

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

My device is the 640 XL Dual Sim. After the update all my apps work except Whatsapp. It just shows loading and the app never opens. Just crashes after a while. I uninstalled a few times but same problem. I also hard reset the device and reloading all apps from start and same problem with Whatsapp.

Anyone else having this issue?

Undefeatable

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Hello guys,
I'm using Lumia 950XL Dual Sim, i have an issue with proximity sensor since 2 builds ago, when i receive a call and cover the sensor the screen turns off but when uncovering it takes 10 sec to turn on again but the screen is functionally during those 10 sec

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Feedback section in the Feedback Hub app has been blank since updating to this build.

Undefeatable

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

My 950 XL DS US upgraded without issue. So far so good but only a few hours of use. None of the previous issues I was having have surfaced yet and everything seems to be working as expected.

I'm using 950XL DS too, are you facing an issue with the screen where it takes like 10 secs to turn on after a call or pressing on power button while on glace screen

nordicpc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Ran all day with cell data off. While it helps, it seems that on WiFi the battery drain is back with the svchost.exe running a full core's worth of CPU. So, yes, turning cell data off helps because it's not connected to the Internet as much when you're out and about, but the bug is back when you get to WiFi. Might just blow it away and go back to release preview until the next build.

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

Can't change the Start screen background to any other sample wallpapers.

marinang

May 23, 2013
Visit site

No troubles so far on my l950. Best build so far. Batery is better than ever and no restarts or app crashes. Everything works fine. Without hard reset after updating.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

b attery drain and overheating inn this build is ridiculous. Whether I am in airplane mode, cellular data off, whatever... doesn't matter.

Phone is always hot and draining battery. Never had this problem on any other build unit I updated to 4342.

Lumia 640.

Oh and still don't get app icons in action center.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Installed on my 950xl without issue.will see how it works.

I think it helps I don't sit there watching everything that happens. I just leave it plugged and come back to it and the glance screen is on.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Ughh...although after the hard reset all my apps were available and functioning from the SD Card, all the apps were downloaded again to local storage basically using up all my space. I had to set to install apps to SD which then forced a removal of all the apps that were already there and have to now move everything. What a mess...MS needs to streamline this process as the way it is now it is more work than it needs to be. Also, battery just blows, from 2 days down to half a day.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

i am on Windows 10 Mobile Build 14342.1003 and flash player does not work on Edge. Using a Lumia 950xl.

If i try to login to xfinity and play any video I get the error message. Other sites too have the same problem.
Adobe Flash does not work on any browser, on any mobile operating system. This certainly is not a new issue with this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05