W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pradeep John

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

After updating to this build, it takes about 8 hours to charge from 50% to 100%. Slow Battery Charge? I connected to charger that came along with the device and also tried other chargers and nothing improved.

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

Went from 100% to 20% battery overnight, after looking at the usage 72% was used by OneDrive :( I have mobile data disabled. There is something seriously wrong with this build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

i am on Windows 10 Mobile Build 14342.1003 and flash player does not work on Edge. Using a Lumia 950xl.

If i try to login to xfinity and play any video I get the error message. Other sites too have the same problem.

Flash player on mobile browsers doesn't exist since years. Adobe never gave support
All sites uses HTML5 now instead for videos

chawed wedder

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site

maybe a hard reset will help. after that leave your phone alone for about 2 hours on the charger.
this latest bild i have installed on three lumia 640 phones, no problems at all. i have a done a reset after installing.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone noticed that a bunch of the apps will now not load?? Waze, surfline, amazon, linkedin to name a few??

Waze and Amazon load fine on my Lumia 640. I don't use the other apps. However, my phone isn't issue free.... it heats up and burns the battery like crazy.

Temujin Morgan

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I can't believe this is a Slow release build. Worst build in a while and I have been unimpressed with the last few.

I will start with commending what's fixed. Groove can play my Music Pass music again.

Whats broken.
My old Lumia 930 worked for a day then lost all my email accounts and all SMS data that had finally synced to it are also gone. Might have something to do with a 50% battery drain in only 20min! Its started to download SMS again as I SMS people on my main phone.
My Lumia 950. I have just lost the credentials for messenger and had to resign in (worried this data loss is a smaller sympton of what happened on my 930).
After a while SMS loses the ability to open a keyboard when you want to tyoe text (happened in .1001 as well)
Apps randomly crash frequently, more than recent builds.
More frequent random reboots (couple times a day vs 14332 that did it every 2.5 days almost like clockwork)
Higher battery drain.

To be honest the only decent build I ever had was 14283 but I moved up away from it as it broke my Band 2 and I wanted that functionality back.

hnikesch

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

Dual sim 640 massive battery drain very light usage and battery didn't last 1/2 a day, switched my sim card back to my spare 640 on the release ring. For $30 I keep it around just for this type of thing. I will be monitoring the the dual sim for power sucking apps. This is the first problem I have had with my dual sim 640 on the fast ring this year.

Hans

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Ran all day with cell data off. While it helps, it seems that on WiFi the battery drain is back with the svchost.exe running a full core's worth of CPU. So, yes, turning cell data off helps because it's not connected to the Internet as much when you're out and about, but the bug is back when you get to WiFi. Might just blow it away and go back to release preview until the next build.

I ran all day with this scenario:
Signed Out of Photos App (this then kills the ability to pull photos/videos from my One Drive and I believe that also kills the ability to have the Photos backed up automatically from Camera/Video as they are taken)
Hey Cortona turned off

with both of those turned off, I was able to run 3hrs of FM Radio (thru FM Radio App, no longer a built in OS app now) from a 100% full battery, it was ONLY down to 89% after 3hrs of FM Radio listening.

with either one or both turned on (signed into Photos App, Hey Cortana turned on) battery drain is HUGE and 3hrs of FM Radio from 100% charge was down to 25%.

the Photos App signing out was a tip someone else posted.

I noticed in Photos App that when I signed back in, the sync arrows kept turning. Kept checking on that every 5 or so minutes and it NEVER seemed to STOP looking or attempting to Sync. Once signed out, sync stopped.

This all on Lumia Icon

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Went from 100% to 20% battery overnight, after looking at the usage 72% was used by OneDrive :( I have mobile data disabled. There is something seriously wrong with this build.

Try signing out of the Photos App and see if that helps (if you have it signed in already and have auto upload setup for your camera)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm using 950XL DS too, are you facing an issue with the screen where it takes like 10 secs to turn on after a call or pressing on power button while on glace screen

I experienced that in the last build but not yet in this build. I have multiple calls per day and it was happening a lot. Hasnt happened yet on this build.

Guy Greenwood

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

So I installed 14342 1003 yesterday morning and since then battery drain has been ridiculous - phone was hot constantly.
I did a hard reset last night and charged overnight.
This morning it was just as bad.
Following a comment I read on here, I let the battery run right down until the phone switched off, then put on charge.
Since then, the phone is fine again - battery is lasting and it is cool at last.

Whether the hard reset or battery cycle did anything or whether something was running in the background that has now finished I don't know.
Apps showing high battery usage are Groove Music (26%) and Microsoft Health (27% - I have a band 2). Negligible use from any other app.

Hope this is helpful. At least the problem has gone away for me.

amr_trabelsi

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Why not all the apps are listed in the Always Allowed apps for the battery saver ? I just wanted to allow Instagram to give me notifications as the battery saver is on but it only shows a few apps among them 6tag but not Instagram..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I ran all day with this scenario:
Signed Out of Photos App (this then kills the ability to pull photos/videos from my One Drive and I believe that also kills the ability to have the Photos backed up automatically from Camera/Video as they are taken)
Hey Cortona turned off

with both of those turned off, I was able to run 3hrs of FM Radio (thru FM Radio App, no longer a built in OS app now) from a 100% full battery, it was ONLY down to 89% after 3hrs of FM Radio listening.

with either one or both turned on (signed into Photos App, Hey Cortana turned on) battery drain is HUGE and 3hrs of FM Radio from 100% charge was down to 25%.

the Photos App signing out was a tip someone else posted.

I noticed in Photos App that when I signed back in, the sync arrows kept turning. Kept checking on that every 5 or so minutes and it NEVER seemed to STOP looking or attempting to Sync. Once signed out, sync stopped.

This all on Lumia Icon

Nice investigation. Did you got disabled Video Upload in OneDrive already, when Photo upload was enabled and draining?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Why not all the apps are listed in the Always Allowed apps for the battery saver ? I just wanted to allow Instagram to give me notifications as the battery saver is on but it only shows a few apps among them 6tag but not Instagram..

Check if Instagram is among apps listed in Notify Center, it should appear after first notify

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Anyone else having the problem with if you are on the phone and remove it from your face, the screen sometimes stays black (i.e. you should normally see the phone commands, etc, and instead nothing is there but the phone is working)?

950XL single Sim here...

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having the problem with if you are on the phone and remove it from your face, the screen sometimes stays black (i.e. you should normally see the phone commands, etc, and instead nothing is there but the phone is working)?

950XL single Sim here...

I had that on the last build but not this one. 950 XL US DS

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Several apps work for a short time then crash back to the start-screen, this didn't happen in the lat build but is in this one. "MSN News" being one of the apps doing this... Annoying when you're trying to catch up with the Egypt-Air plane situation as it's quite a long article now, and when you reopen the article after it crashes, you have to try and find the point you were up to as it shows the article from the very top again. Grrr.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

There are loads of posts with solutions about the battery drain issues, the main one being that you need to change the feedback level to basic, this fixed it for me and many others.

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Speccy, how did you change that? The options in the FeedBack & Diagnostics screen are disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss