W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gegabyte

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

I'm still waiting to get the build on my BLU WIN HD LTE 150q, tried fast ring at first, when announced it was going to slow ring, I switched to it. I waited a day and switched back to fast. That was 2 days ago, now back to slow, I search for updates, and phone shows up to date.

My Lumia 535 DS is same. I have done the same. Even stopped getting Insider builds and started again. I think soon it's time to hard reset :( ( If you have some game data you want to save but can't do with backup, I know a way , reply me here)

asahakari

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site

yes, there is no xiaomi brand on that selection...

The WDRT does not support Xiaomi Mi4. You will have to reflash the original build image and then upgrade using Windows Insider to your preferred Insider ring. I tried the fast ring on Mi4 and reverted back to Insider Release Preview ring as it is more stable.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have been running insider and Redstone builds for quite a long time, I am aware of what sorts of issues can crop up, but this current build has just worn me down, and I think I'm ready to come off the insider program now and go back to a production build. The two latest issues that have cropped up today is that I can't play any games on my PHONE that rely on the Xbox Live service, the same apps that are cross platform and on my PC work normally using the same WiFi connection. The store seems fine, but I can't use the Xbox app on the phone either, tried soft reset, still the same. This is on top of the other issues I've had with apps not staying open for very long before crashing to the start-screen, these apps include Spotify and MSN News among others. The quick fix that MS released the other day has done more harm than good. Battery drain is significantly higher than it was on the previous build too, and now there's no way to turn of advanced reporting which was how I had resolved this issue before on my L930 (using L950 now).

Oh yes, can't get into Groove either, needs me to sign in, but it also needs the code from my authenticator app which is fine, but although it pops up with the number pad to put the code in, it won't let me actually enter the code! I've had enough basically, I have been all for the insider programs through thick and thin, but right now, it really is one step forward and many more steps back. Even with a good build, it seems after a few weeks, it then starts to go wrong.

Are there any things that really stand out that are only in Redstone that I might miss?

I'm using a lot Messages Everywhere sync with my spare laptop with Win10 Redstone.
Among that, better for you to return in Threshold

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I've tested 1003 over a week and it's full of bugs that 1001 didn't have. Feedback given...

I'm swapping back to .318 until the next preview build

p.ashton

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

After trying everything else suggested on this thread (signing out of OneDrive, calibrating the battery, etc.), I finally performed a hard reset and after reinstalling all of my apps and settings, the battery drain on my Lumia 830 appears to have subsided. It certainly isn't running hot like it used to be. Will run some tests this evening to verify, but so far everything seems stable now.

bglopez

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I was getting a battery life of almost 2 days on my 640XL LTE however after putting 14342 on mid last week I only get 1 day - if I am lucky! Anybody else experiencing this problem.

Also, I must report that I have been leaving my Bluetooth on and it only connects after a reset. After moving away from the field of operation and returning, re-connecting to any Bluetooth devices does not occur. Is this normal?

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I was getting a battery life of almost 2 days on my 640XL LTE however after putting 14342 on mid last week I only get 1 day - if I am lucky! Anybody else experiencing this problem.

Also, I must report that I have been leaving my Bluetooth on and it only connects after a reset. After moving away from the field of operation and returning, re-connecting to any Bluetooth devices does not occur. Is this normal?

14342 didn't like my 640 LTE either, although a hard reset fixed most of my issues nothing helped with the incredibly bad battery drain. I used to get just over two days prior to 14342 and 6 hours if I was lucky after. I couldn't deal with it anymore so I used WDRT to go back to 8.1 then used the slow ring to get to 14295.1005, i'm back to normal battery again of 2 days. I would have liked to get back to the update prior to 14342 but I'll just have to wait I guess.

Right now everything works except Cortana as I' m back to the issue of not being able to download a language to get her working.

btschuster

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site

I signed out of photos, disabled Cortana in the background, let my battery run all the way down, nothing has helped with the battery drain issue on my 735. 14295 was rock solid, so it may be back to 8.1 then slow ring release (assuming that is still 14295) until this is fixed.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Three times, so far, the Lumia 950 rebooted by itself right after an attempt to send a text message reply using voice.

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

My Lumia 640 is heating up and battery is draining. Seems to have lots of issues after the update.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

On this latest build, my battery life has been very poor. I have woken up to a dead battery every morning so far. Lumia 950.

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Anyone else having the problem with if you are on the phone and remove it from your face, the screen sometimes stays black (i.e. you should normally see the phone commands, etc, and instead nothing is there but the phone is working)?

950XL single Sim here...

you know how it can solve?

marinang

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Why my instagram tile is transparent? How can i change it to the new collorful logo? Is it something about this build that prevents the app from having the original logo or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos