W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

After installing the 1004 battery fix yesterday, and all night on the QI charger my battery was dead this morning. Great work! (I did a separate post about Microsoft Health which is a major battery hog)

anidel

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

After installing the 1004 battery fix yesterday, and all night on the QI charger my battery was dead this morning. Great work! (I did a separate post about Microsoft Health which is a major battery hog)

Link to this post please?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Anyone unable to set automatic restart after an update? That's the 2nd time I found a yellow notice "Next time I'll try at 2:42 a.m., last time I cannot restart your phone"

My active hours stop at 2:00 am, I can't enable Custom Restart Time

I have had the last 3 updates get stuck on the Windows Splash Screen for hours. I know the it is recommended to wait 40 mins (Build .001), nothing I saw referenced .003 or, .004, but I gave both of them updates many HOURS to do something, before having to do MULTIPLE soft resets to push the update process along.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Pepperdotnet, I have had 5 separate events where I have connected the OEM fast charger to the 950XL, and the phone failed to recognize the charger. Twice, I was not paying attention, and woke to dead, or critically low battery. Now when I see that the connection fails (3 of the 5 events) - and I have tried reattaching and switching the usb-c connector, as well as different wall outlets - I do a soft rest to make the connection.

To early to tell if .1004 fixed it or not; but, the last occurrence was last night about 2 hours before I made the update.

lautenbaugh

May 26, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same issue-- including with .004-- having to do a soft reset to get the update to "finish" after hours. When it restarts, all tiles are greyed out, and slowly "light up"-- presumably as each ap is updated/reinstalled.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Question:

with this update (.1004) I see that the Record Call is now accessible to me (950XL); which I have selected the app: "Voice Recorder" to operate this feature (under the Phone Settings); and have tried three different procedures to record a call, and can't find the recordings. The "Record Button" toggles on the dial pad when pressed like it should, indicating that it is working.

The Question: where do I look to find the recordings (Voice Recorder app shows "no recordings"), or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Update: Never Mind, I found my answer: http://www.windowscentral.com/enable-native-call-recording-lumia-950 - COOL, this is going to come in very handy.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issue-- including with .004-- having to do a soft reset to get the update to "finish" after hours. When it restarts, all tiles are greyed out, and slowly "light up"-- presumably as each ap is updated/reinstalled.

I let my phone sit on the Slash Screen last night from about 8:30p last night, checked it at about 12:30 (still on Splash Screen), woke up at 3:00am to let the dogs out, still on Splash; took 1-soft reset, 1-power down, another soft reset (because I couldn't get the 950XL to power back up), before it decided to continue with the update.

I did, however notice that all my apps were also updated, so maybe the delay is due to those updates; and getting stuck on one of those....just a thought.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have had the last 3 updates get stuck on the Windows Splash Screen for hours. I know the it is recommended to wait 40 mins (Build .001), nothing I saw referenced .003 or, .004, but I gave both of them updates many HOURS to do something, before having to do MULTIPLE soft resets to push the update process along.

I havent any iussue installing last updates.
I was talking about auto reboot function after "Preparing to install" nighttime.

No logo iussue for me

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I havent any iussue installing last updates.
I was talking about auto reboot function after "Preparing to install" nighttime.

No logo iussue for me

Sorry about that :( - (sorry I misunderstood, not that you are not having Logo issues:)

DRS123

May 26, 2016
Visit site

The radio still works, it's just that MS is not supplying a stock app. I too love using the FM radio on my phone and have tried a couple of different apps in the store and found "Radio FM Phone" works great. No annoying ads. (ICON 10.0.14342.1004).

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The radio still works, it's just that MS is not supplying a stock app. I too love using the FM radio on my phone and have tried a couple of different apps in the store and found "Radio FM Phone" works great. No annoying ads. (ICON 10.0.14342.1004).

What's the problem? ;) People always complainin about "the app gap", but you got 3rd party alternatives as Android an iOs. That's the normal way

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

1004 still giving my Icon battery fits. I cannot seem to charge this thing. Neither Qi nor wired charging makes much headway. I cannot tell if it isn't charging properly or if it is just discharging as fast as it is charging.

Also, notification sounds are really metallic and scratchy.

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

L950XL DS I've had great success with insider builds in the past - no crashes, no overheating & excellent runtime, no install issues, no crashing apps, etc. But for me the 1003/1004 builds have been the Worst. Builds. Ever. Most times it will not ring or vibrate for an incoming call, no sound when I receive a new E-mail or message and worst of all the alarm doesn't sound, so I have slept in multiple times this week. Horrible. The alarm is an interesting one - I set a time but when it is time to alarm it simply toggles itself off! I've deleted the alarm and created a new one, no joy. Ugh. I'll wait for a new build (hopefully) this week,. but if not I'm going to HAVE to bail from the insider program - this is inflicting too much pain, especially when we should be WAY past simple functionality issues and instead be ironing out miniscule bugs

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Unless something has changed, this is actually not quite true, at least in the case of the 950. Any FM app I install reports that no FM hardware is present.

jpuu

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Great build (.1004). Installed at this morning without logo stucking. Now 12 hours normal operating and battery still remaining 41%. No issues to mention.
Still Lumia 640LTE.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Seems ok here so far, battery could still be better but at least it's not as bad as it was. Re-enable automatic brightness again, and that also seems ok for the moment. Lumia 950.

BirdPics

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Probably noted already but Lumia Cinemagraph no longer works, but that could've been the case foe a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos