W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

I have a L830 only been on Redstone fast since wednesay .003 and now .004
my phone now takes forever to charge it used to fully charge in about 3 hours or so on 10586
now on redstone it charge all day and it only charges about 50%
is this normal for redstone

I'm in the same boat with my Lumia Icon. Going to try to flash back to WP8.1 and see if that resolves the issue.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

On my 950 XL US DS, battery life has markedly improved! I forgot to plug my phone in last night, a really rare occurrence. I had about 80% when I went to sleep. When I woke 6 hours later, my phone was still at 62%! I have 3 heavily used email accounts, a band 2 connected and I havent done any of the power saving tips that have been posted here. Not too shabby!!!

One new issue I am seeing is that the phone locks up sometimes when Cortana is reading and replying to a text message. Once she's done, the phone freezes. It's happened twice so far and I've reported it via feedback.

Cossi Dady

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

It told me I needed a restart, so I did it after I got home from work. I think my 950xl just died. It powered off after the restart, and now when I try to turn it on, it shows the Microsoft screen, then the logo, then shuts down.
Will the recovery tool work if the phone won't power up?
I had the same issue two day ago on my 930 and couldn't get it to work so I went and bought a 640xl...

But to answer your question yes it will work, make sure you update the Tool first and while doing that start charging your phone (you'll need it at 40%+ to update later). Your phone will get to the windows logo and turn off. When the Tool is updated plug the phone in the PC and and it should turn on again, or do it manually (soft reset). You should be able to see that the phone is being detected by your PC in your "connected devices" and it should be in recovery mode I believe... On the phone itself it should be on the Nokia logo. From there the Tool will detect your phone and you will be given a file to use for recovery. just follow the prompts from there and you should be back to factory settings after that.

I am typing this from memory as I just did this like 2 hours ago and did not take notes as i was going through the steps... just msg me if you need more info or run into issues.

I'm installing 10.0.14342.1004 as I'm typing this...Good luck

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site

On my 950 XL US DS, battery life has markedly improved! I forgot to plug my phone in last night, a really rare occurrence. I had about 80% when I went to sleep. When I woke 6 hours later, my phone was still at 62%! I have 3 heavily used email accounts, a band 2 connected and I havent done any of the power saving tips that have been posted here. Not too shabby!!!

One new issue I am seeing is that the phone locks up sometimes when Cortana is reading and replying to a text message. Once she's done, the phone freezes. It's happened twice so far and I've reported it via feedback.

This has been an issue with me too, Cortana does gets stuck when reading incoming texts, it been there since .1001 for , if you leave the phone stuck for a while it reboots automatically. BTW i have L1520 and "Hey Cortnana" has not worked since 14332, are you have the same issue, everything is setup alright but it keeps telling me to turn on Cortana when its already on.

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site

anyone with L1520 and not getting Hey CORTANAT to work!!! its been the same since 14332 for me. BTW .1004 has resolved the batter issue, im getting 2 days Batter with medium usage, calls text browsing, facebook whatsapp etc

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

I have an issue with 14342. When I type winver in search box, it tells me that it's 14352?! How do I fix that?

Christopher Keller1

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site

Same with the "taking for effing FOREVER to charge"!

Mine's been plugged in for 3+ hours and I'm at like 30%? At this rate, and as quickly as the battery has been being sucked dry,
I'm just turn it off when not in use.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

And so for today's new issue, the Outlook tile shows a message on it that has already been deleted, and I am also unable send any new mail. Trying to compose a new message just hangs with a white screen. Fabulous.

mrspidey

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

On my 1520 battery is better than in 1003, but it's not great. In about 6-7hrs it dies with moderate use (easily 2 days in 8.1 with much more use). It's almost permanently hot on the back top left of the screen and under the camera at times. Less lock screen bugs than 1003. Slightly faster. Less freezes. Was hoping for better but this will do for now far better than 1003 in any case.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

And for today's second new issue, despite being fine most of the day, this evening I could no longer play any games that relied on the XboxLive service. Checked online and there wasn't any issue reported that would have affected this. Then tried my sons phone and it was fine on his (connected via same WiFi router). Did a soft-reset, still no good, but then shortly after got an error, something to do with getting insider builds, odd because I hadn't looked at updating at all today. It needed to re-verify my account for some reason, I have 2FA enable and so requested that code be sent to me via SMS, only to find that the box where the code was supposed to go would not accept any input. The keyboard would pop up when tapping to type in the box, but I couldn't actually type anything. Sigh's in frustration once again. I did eventually get it to work after multiple attempts and once it had verified my account for insider-update purposes, a little while later, games that relied on the XBL service started working again.

Does anyone use the production ring on their 950? If so, how is it, what's different now between the fast and production rings?

Also noticed today that the maps app is a bit crap, on several roundabouts today, it wanted me to come off the main road that bypassed the roundabout, only to then send me to the exit which rejoined the road I had been on previously!!!

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Since 1004, many of my apps have stopped working. Think it failed to migrate some to the new build. Whenever I try to start them I get "X can't be opened, an app update may be available in the store" This is for many many apps (that do not have updates in the store). Only fix I've found so far is to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. Though since this issue is affecting my authenticators also, I'd rather not reinstall those, since setting them up can be a hassle.

Anyone else with this issue? Found any ways of bypassing it/fixing without reinstall?

Hopeing for new build tomorrow, maybe the data migration of that build will fix it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Since 1004, many of my apps have stopped working. Think it failed to migrate some to the new build. Whenever I try to start them I get "X can't be opened, an app update may be available in the store" This is for many many apps (that do not have updates in the store). Only fix I've found so far is to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. Though since this issue is affecting my authenticators also, I'd rather not reinstall those, since setting them up can be a hassle.

Anyone else with this issue? Found any ways of bypassing it/fixing without reinstall?

Hopeing for new build tomorrow, maybe the data migration of that build will fix it.

Seems a corrupted sd card. A soft reset fixed that, maybe with a message Your sd card needs to be checked, please confirm.
Did you got a sd card? try migrating app to phone via Storage -> Sd -> Apps.
Check deeply your sd via laptop card reader if necessary

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Seems a corrupted sd card. A soft reset fixed that, maybe with a message Your sd card needs to be checked, please confirm.
Did you got a sd card? try migrating app to phone via Storage -> Sd -> Apps.
Check deeply your sd via laptop card reader if necessary
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not using any SD-card, just internal Storage, will try to put in a card and move some apps back and forth to see if it helps. thanks for the advice. Tried soft reset already, no luck there.

Edit: Moving to SD did not help, moving back did not help either. Guess I'll just have to wait till next build. If not, time for a hard reset.

Last edited:

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I thought the battery issue was resolved, and since I updated to .1004 it preformed well a few days, but now it looks like it has returned for me. My battery went from 100% to 5% in just a few hours last night. I got it to start again and according to the battery settings information, the application Microsoft Health use 81% of my batter during the last 24 hour period and it was set never to run in the background. I am charging the phone now. I have uninstalled the application and I'll see how the battery preforms once I get a full charge.

Last edited:

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

My phone, using the charger that came with it, fully charged from about 5% to 100% in a relatively short time. Once it charged, I just let the phone sit idle and according to my battery app the discharge rate is 4.79%/hour and has19 hours until it will power off. It has gone from 100% to 91% in about 3 hours. Have not made any calls, sent any texts, played any games or listened to any music. I will see how it preforms today and later, I'll install the Microsoft Fitness app, and find out what happens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte