Redstone 14342 Store UI

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Those in the fast ring, as posted by Daniel in the blog, are able to update to the new Store, with improvements to the UI.

How are you all liking it? Me, I think it looks so much better and is logical and easy to find what you are looking for.

Again, some on here would use it more thoroughly than me, so have you come across any issues?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Those in the fast ring, as posted by Daniel in the blog, are able to update to the new Store, with improvements to the UI.

How are you all liking it? Me, I think it looks so much better and is logical and easy to find what you are looking for.

Again, some on here would use it more thoroughly than me, so have you come across any issues?

Forcing checking updates seems not working. Key flashes and nothing else

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I updated to the new build and so far I don't seem to see any difference in the store, didn't get any store updates either. But going off the screen shots I've seen others post it looks greatly improved.

jtranchina

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Icon owner on insider fast updated to 14342 but I do not see the update for store... Also have not seen update for groove music since they announced it...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No updates to the store app for me in the UK on the latest fast ring build, not even if I go to the store app in the store.

I'm still on version 11602.1.26.0

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
You mean just 'check for update' in the app? Already did that several times before and after a soft reboot even, and when going to that link it just gives me the option to open. It doesn't say anything to update the store app.

If you're on build 14342 and still aren't getting the update then I have no idea. Maybe the update isn't available for everyone just yet.

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
If you're on build 14342 and still aren't getting the update then I have no idea. Maybe the update isn't available for everyone just yet.

Yeah it's weird. Maybe i'll just do a hard reset, Because i'm on the newest fast build that came out yesterday and i'm in America :p so I should have it haha.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The old store layout was better, with the new UI when you launch it you're greeted by 4 sections with grey backgrounds with text headers aligned to the left with wasted space to the right but no actual content like the previous layout so all you see is the same hero image then some text before you have to scroll to see more actual content. Total regression.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I like the individual store pages. They are a bit more polished and I like the badges for "playable on". I have been bugging them about badges for a while including "Continuum", "Xbox controller", etc..

The front page really barely looks different other than the categories right there. Everything else still looks the same. They still need to fine tune the front page to be easier to follow. I think those categories should be persistent panes that you can always click on. If i click on collections they should show up as icons at the top that I can click on. Front page already has the icons + text. The icons will be obvious after seeing front page. And just keep them hovering persistently on all pages.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm thrilled. In My Library you can now hide apps, and when an update is done a notification offers you to check out the app page where you can check what's new. Plus you can now finally see which apps were updated recently. Improvements all around.

Then again these may not be new, since I just checked redstone for the first time on my broken 1520. :D

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Works perfectly, tap and wait

Well, no. At least not for me. If I wait, I get a list of apps and when they were updated last. I no longer get prompted to update apps unless I open them in the store (I had to do this for the latest WindowsCentral app).

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
There's another bug in the new store - you can't rate any apps because the drop down with the star ratings empties the moment you try to select one of them!

I don't think they have anyone doing "internal ring" testing at all!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they have anyone doing "internal ring" testing at all!

Of course they do. The store app simply isn't finished yet, we're being lucky enough have been given a preview of the new app. This gives us the ability to offer feedback on issues and how we like the UI. It also gives Microsoft diagnostic results of load testing and performance. This way they get network/device traces from thousands of devices, which is a darned sight more useful than just a hundred or so from Microsoft staff using their own network.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, no. At least not for me. If I wait, I get a list of apps and when they were updated last. I no longer get prompted to update apps unless I open them in the store (I had to do this for the latest WindowsCentral app).

At least you get that... I get nothing. Finally receiving the 14342.1003 update. Maybe it'll help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise