The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-01-2016 02:55 AM
26 12
tools
    Those in the fast ring, as posted by Daniel in the blog, are able to update to the new Store, with improvements to the UI.

How are you all liking it? Me, I think it looks so much better and is logical and easy to find what you are looking for.

Again, some on here would use it more thoroughly than me, so have you come across any issues?
    05-17-2016 03:58 AM
    Those in the fast ring, as posted by Daniel in the blog, are able to update to the new Store, with improvements to the UI.

How are you all liking it? Me, I think it looks so much better and is logical and easy to find what you are looking for.

Again, some on here would use it more thoroughly than me, so have you come across any issues?
    Forcing checking updates seems not working. Key flashes and nothing else
    05-17-2016 04:05 AM
    Can you please provide the link to the Store app?

PS. Got it.
    Last edited by Deepak; 05-17-2016 at 05:53 AM.
    05-17-2016 04:32 AM
    I updated to the new build and so far I don't seem to see any difference in the store, didn't get any store updates either. But going off the screen shots I've seen others post it looks greatly improved.
    05-17-2016 05:40 AM
    Icon owner on insider fast updated to 14342 but I do not see the update for store... Also have not seen update for groove music since they announced it...
    05-17-2016 05:51 AM
    I updated to the new build and so far I don't seem to see any difference in the store, didn't get any store updates either. But going off the screen shots I've seen others post it looks greatly improved.
    You need to force check for updates. Else visit the Store app's page here:- http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=YCx95RfC
    05-17-2016 05:53 AM
    No updates to the store app for me in the UK on the latest fast ring build, not even if I go to the store app in the store.

I'm still on version 11602.1.26.0
    05-17-2016 06:05 AM
    You need to force check for updates. Else visit the Store app's page here:- http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=bfkyEz3n
    You mean just 'check for update' in the app? Already did that several times before and after a soft reboot even, and when going to that link it just gives me the option to open. It doesn't say anything to update the store app.
    05-17-2016 07:47 AM
    You mean just 'check for update' in the app? Already did that several times before and after a soft reboot even, and when going to that link it just gives me the option to open. It doesn't say anything to update the store app.
    If you're on build 14342 and still aren't getting the update then I have no idea. Maybe the update isn't available for everyone just yet.
    05-17-2016 08:04 AM
    If you're on build 14342 and still aren't getting the update then I have no idea. Maybe the update isn't available for everyone just yet.
    Yeah it's weird. Maybe i'll just do a hard reset, Because i'm on the newest fast build that came out yesterday and i'm in America :p so I should have it haha.
    05-17-2016 08:59 AM
    Yeah it's weird. Maybe i'll just do a hard reset, Because i'm on the newest fast build that came out yesterday and i'm in America :p so I should have it haha.
    I got it on mobile but not on PC :/
    05-17-2016 09:50 AM
    Can't check for updates... I tap on the button, and nothing, not even the loading dots that are supposed to appear
    05-17-2016 03:50 PM
    The old store layout was better, with the new UI when you launch it you're greeted by 4 sections with grey backgrounds with text headers aligned to the left with wasted space to the right but no actual content like the previous layout so all you see is the same hero image then some text before you have to scroll to see more actual content. Total regression.
    IJPI likes this.
    05-17-2016 03:56 PM
    I like the individual store pages. They are a bit more polished and I like the badges for "playable on". I have been bugging them about badges for a while including "Continuum", "Xbox controller", etc..

The front page really barely looks different other than the categories right there. Everything else still looks the same. They still need to fine tune the front page to be easier to follow. I think those categories should be persistent panes that you can always click on. If i click on collections they should show up as icons at the top that I can click on. Front page already has the icons + text. The icons will be obvious after seeing front page. And just keep them hovering persistently on all pages.
    05-17-2016 07:14 PM
    I'm thrilled. In My Library you can now hide apps, and when an update is done a notification offers you to check out the app page where you can check what's new. Plus you can now finally see which apps were updated recently. Improvements all around.

Then again these may not be new, since I just checked redstone for the first time on my broken 1520. :D
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-17-2016 09:08 PM
    Can't check for updates... I tap on the button, and nothing, not even the loading dots that are supposed to appear
    Works perfectly, tap and wait
    05-18-2016 02:22 AM
    Works perfectly, tap and wait
    Well, no. At least not for me. If I wait, I get a list of apps and when they were updated last. I no longer get prompted to update apps unless I open them in the store (I had to do this for the latest WindowsCentral app).
    05-18-2016 05:38 AM
    There's another bug in the new store - you can't rate any apps because the drop down with the star ratings empties the moment you try to select one of them!

I don't think they have anyone doing "internal ring" testing at all!
    05-18-2016 07:52 PM
    I don't think they have anyone doing "internal ring" testing at all!
    Of course they do. The store app simply isn't finished yet, we're being lucky enough have been given a preview of the new app. This gives us the ability to offer feedback on issues and how we like the UI. It also gives Microsoft diagnostic results of load testing and performance. This way they get network/device traces from thousands of devices, which is a darned sight more useful than just a hundred or so from Microsoft staff using their own network.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-19-2016 01:09 AM
    Well, no. At least not for me. If I wait, I get a list of apps and when they were updated last. I no longer get prompted to update apps unless I open them in the store (I had to do this for the latest WindowsCentral app).
    At least you get that... I get nothing. Finally receiving the 14342.1003 update. Maybe it'll help
    05-19-2016 11:11 AM
    The Store now lists Films/Movies & TV as Xbox Video.
    05-19-2016 02:32 PM
    Of course they do. The store app simply isn't finished yet, we're being lucky enough have been given a preview of the new app. This gives us the ability to offer feedback on issues and how we like the UI. It also gives Microsoft diagnostic results of load testing and performance. This way they get network/device traces from thousands of devices, which is a darned sight more useful than just a hundred or so from Microsoft staff using their own network.
    And yet, two bugs that are not device model dependent, and really bloody obvious, shipped with the first version of this revised layout store app. So damn obvious in fact, that you wouldn't need 100 Microsofties to catch them, you'd need about 3!
    05-19-2016 06:50 PM
    My only real complaint about the current store on w10(not redstone) is the 1~2seconds delay to go back when i press the back button, happens in both my l535 and l640, maybe that's because they're low end devices i don't know. About the new ui, i think it's a step back in a lot of aspects, who thought all that scrolling down to find info is fun ? I kind of miss the more horizontal navigation in the wp8.1 store, i think it kept things more organized, one tab for descriptions, then you swipe to the right and it goes to a tab with the opinions and so on instead of a very long page with everything just thrown together at it, it looks crowded and kind of amateurish. I also don't like the new header(don't know if it's the right term) in the app's page, i prefer the current box with the color of the app and the description inside of it, instead of a photo with a feather effect applied.
    05-19-2016 09:05 PM
    Not a big fan of the app detail pages, I preferred the way it was on the previous version. I also don't like the new status bar for the download\install, looks like they removed the option to pause or cancel the install. I'll stick with the old one since it came back after a hard reset.
    05-19-2016 09:59 PM
    I can't find where the app description and app screenshots are
    until they return, my thought about this new layout is: "this is pure crap"
    05-31-2016 11:10 PM
26 12