Data usage in settings is broken?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Can any one else confirm this?

Go into settings, Network & wireless, Data usage.

Initially nothing happens, then you realise the setting page has crashed. Happens every time.

Lumia 930 - 10.0.14342.1001

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I got it to work initially, as the setting was pinned to my start menu but it was showing as if the limit was not set. I tried to set the limit, it crashed and now it just won't open. Try changing it to see...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I got it to work initially, as the setting was pinned to my start menu but it was showing as if the limit was not set. I tried to set the limit, it crashed and now it just won't open. Try changing it to see...

try opening those settings while internet is on, it will work that way

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My issue is that the measurement is wildly inaccurate. It keeps popping up telling me I'm near my limit, when AT&T's account page shows I've used less than half what the phone thinks I have. Yes, I have the rollover dates synced.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that if I remove the pinned tile to this setting from start screen, I can finally get the setting to open without any delay. I also noticed that the start screen was using a lot of battery in the background and this improved when I removed it.

But I still cant set the limit:
wp_ss_20160518_0003[1].jpg

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that if I remove the pinned tile to this setting from start screen, I can finally get the setting to open without any delay. I also noticed that the start screen was using a lot of battery in the background and this improved when I removed it.

But I still cant set the limit:
View attachment 126500

then it looks like an issue with the redstone build

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
then it looks like an issue with the redstone build

No, it isn't. I'm on the latest redstone build and I'm able to edit my data limit, even with the setting pinned.

You can't really call this an issue with a build when only one person is reporting a problem. If other people also report and issue, then the matching details (phone/build/carrier/etc.) will lead to what's wrong.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No, it isn't. I'm on the latest redstone build and I'm able to edit my data limit, even with the setting pinned.

You can't really call this an issue with a build when only one person is reporting a problem. If other people also report and issue, then the matching details (phone/build/carrier/etc.) will lead to what's wrong.

you're right but I believe I had seen the same issue somewhere in the forums though I could be mistaken

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I decided to do a hard reset and recover from a back-up. Seems to be working now. Must of been a migration issue. Just need to sort out why Cortana is killing my battery...

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that the usage total will not reset when I enter a new limit (mine is always one time). It keeps accumulating so, because the usage is now more than my limit, it shows no data available.

In addition, when I go to the Usage Details, I get none.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that the usage total will not reset when I enter a new limit (mine is always one time). It keeps accumulating so, because the usage is now more than my limit, it shows no data available.

In addition, when I go to the Usage Details, I get none.

Same issue on my 735. Between Verizon's updating to Win10M (on three phones) and my son watching a ton of video (even though he was on Wi-Fi) we burned through our 10GB allowance. Changed all phones to limit cellular until then end of our cycle. It reset today, but when I turned it back on, it already says I burned through almost 3GB of data and I just turned it back on this morning while on Wi-Fi!!!

Can't I manually reset the counter to 0?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes