Getting ready to give up on this being a daily driver.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fast ring of the Insider program. The battery seems to be getting worse and worse as I let it update and the phone has hung up on some of my most important calls. I noticed the pictures finally get processed a bit faster the other day. But.. my weather app WeatherBug seems to hardly ever have the radar working and Bank of America never showed up as promised.

I just need some quick information on what to do with getting it back so it's ready to turn in on a trade in. Do I uninstall the Insider app and then just use the rescue thing to get what is currently available for normal users?

Thanks,

Mallguvner..

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
how about get off the fast ring and go back to production release?

you cant judge a phone on how its pre-release version of operating system is performing.

download the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool and get the factory image. load it. either sell it, or use the release your phone should really operate with

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fast ring of the Insider program. The battery seems to be getting worse and worse as I let it update and the phone has hung up on some of my most important calls. I noticed the pictures finally get processed a bit faster the other day. But.. my weather app WeatherBug seems to hardly ever have the radar working and Bank of America never showed up as promised.

I just need some quick information on what to do with getting it back so it's ready to turn in on a trade in. Do I uninstall the Insider app and then just use the rescue thing to get what is currently available for normal users?

Thanks,

Mallguvner..

Wich phone are you talking?
Never performed an hard reset?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
As mentioned above, have you tried a hard reset? It is a faff but can cure most ills.

With the Weather bug app, have you contacted their support? I can't see that being an OS issue, sounds more like an app issue.

With regards to the OS, a preview, as you are aware, is not a recommended program for a daily driver. Have you left MS feedback on your issues?

What device are you trying to use with the preview? That may help in diagnosing why you are having issues.

If you do decide to move to other pastures, the safest way is to use WDRT.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned above, have you tried a hard reset? It is a faff but can cure most ills.

With the Weather bug app, have you contacted their support? I can't see that being an OS issue, sounds more like an app issue.

With regards to the OS, a preview, as you are aware, is not a recommended program for a daily driver. Have you left MS feedback on your issues?

What device are you trying to use with the preview? That may help in diagnosing why you are having issues.

If you do decide to move to other pastures, the safest way is to use WDRT.

It is the 950 and I realize it's a crap shoot on the Insider but it has fallen short for so long that I've become quite disillusioned. I will use the WDRT and put what's supposed to be on there and go from there. The pictures are the one thing that finally got fixed and I'm sure the old way will come back and that will clinch it for me. Apps are still just not coming apparently despite the talk of universal apps. Will look into Continuum one more time to see if anything ever got worthwhile on there and probably do something very soon.

Thanks for the replies...

MG...

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett