14342 Battery usage

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've read many posts regarding this issue and I am not seeing it. I charged my 950xl last night, played a few wordament games, hit the sack, used it moderately during today, calls, texts, emails and around 40 mins browsing. This afternoon, got a few updates, bit of Browsing on WC and have 69% left? No heat, no massive drains, Cortana actually works for me now (at last!!!!). I know I'm not a heavy user, but this to me looks quite good in the power management side of W10M.

I understand some may have many more apps on the go than me. So again, this is subjective.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My 650 too, but I noticed in forum most of X3X serie, Icon, and 3rd OEM party got battery iussue due to CPU at 50% in background.(and I guess a big data drain togheter)
Someone says Cortana the culprit

theDurbster

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting horrible battery life on my Icon 929 after upgrading. It's less than 3 hours on a full charge with little to no usage. The OS is reporting Microsoft Health as the main culprit, but I uninstalled the app with no luck. I've tried disabling everything I could find with Cortana, cellular, location, background apps, etc. Nothing seems to help. :unhappysweat:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I keep uninstalling all the apps that say it has the most usage but it honestly does nothing to help. I'm on Icon and battery is only lasting 2-3 hours now. Hell, the battery drain is faster than my wireless chargers can charge it! Really unhappy about this one, I love testing and finding bugs, but like I need the phone to be on to do any of that lol

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
My biggest drain is this place!!!! I really need to get out more..

Cortana runs at around 8%, Health 6%, edge 15%, WC 42%, everything else is <1%, apart from calls, emails and texts which vary depending on usage. These figures are the last 24 hours quoted by my device. Even twittering didn't hit the battery too hard.. Strange. And I haven't done HR.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My biggest drain is this place!!!! I really need to get out more..

Cortana runs at around 8%, Health 6%, edge 15%, WC 42%, everything else is <1%, apart from calls, emails and texts which vary depending on usage. These figures are the last 24 hours quoted by my device. Even twittering didn't hit the battery too hard.. Strange. And I haven't done HR.

Lol, Sabotage! XD

Shiawian

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what changed in this build, but the battery on my L930 is getting drained like a M*********r. Seems Start and default Lock Screen are using resp. 31 and 25percent leaving my L930 useless at the moment.
Do I need to do a hard reset? even if I do not want to. pffff

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
So is there anyone running the Icon on this build without a battery issue? Done soft, hard resets myself, still no luck with the battery.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya latest build is horrible.

My 640 does not last anymore. Excessive heat and horrendous battery drain. It's like I'm looking for a charger every minute of the day.

I even woke up to a hot, dead 640 this morning, even though it was plugged into the charger! It was burning up my hand. I removed the battery and it eventually cooled down like 10 minutes later. Plugged it in to charge and bam started heating back up .

This is the first time I have every experienced anything like this on a preview build. I've been an insider from the get go and this is by far the worst build I have gotten.

I have never had battery drain problems :(

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just get through the day now and I am quite a light user. This is slightly worse than when I got the 950XL but still happy with it. Finding Edge to be the biggest drain to be honest. Coupled with links/text boxes in Edge randomly not working the browser is IMO awful for mobile at the minute.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So , the summary is:

X3X, X4X, Icons and other brands got battery drains in standby
X5X works fine.

The difference between X5X and others should be a recent updated firmware

Marsamver

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My 930 is barely lasting 3 hours, hot to touch etc. First said it was Cortana, now Ms health using the power. Only thing that cools the phone is flight mode. Might have to roll back for now to slow or release. Also noticing a lot more app crashes when trying to get mobile data.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
640 horrible battery life on this. Just got 1003 last night, so we'll see.

Also anyone else run into the "You've reached your data limit" bug? Id attach a screenshot, but you know... Awesome WC app im using.

-Mach 8 Solutions, LLC a software company.
Http://mach8solutions.com

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Marsamver
My 930 is barely lasting 3 hours, hot to touch etc. First said it was Cortana, now Ms health using the power. Only thing that cools the phone is flight mode. Might have to roll back for now to slow or release. Also noticing a lot more app crashes when trying to get mobile data.

It was both of them on my 930. The start menu was first on the list. I had a problem with the data setting which was pinned. After I removed that, it was MS Health. When I uninstalled that, Cortana went to the top of the list.

After a hard reset, I then had problems with 'Hey Cortana' stating that she wasn't turned on, even she was causing my battery to drain.

I'm now back on the 'Threshold' ring (insider preview) and all is back to normal.

(sigh of relief)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
830 user here. No battery problem at all. Been using my phone heavily for Whatsapp. All other apps used when needed, such as reading new manga chapters from Manga Blaze, browse Instagram and WC, and reading e-mails. I also unlock my phone just to look if there's anything interesting to see from the Live Tile (News, WC, OneFootball, etc.)

All my apps' notifications are turned on. I get notified most from my university e-mail (average 13 e-mails per day). Read most of them as well. Started my day with a full charge at 7:00am, by the time I came back to my dorms (around 7pm) I'll still have about 30% left. Phone connected to WiFi all the time (I manually turn on mobile data when I'm outside my dormitory or Uni area).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos