14342 Battery usage

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The biggest battery drain I have seen is having outlook set to sync by usage. Switch it to 15 minutes for all your email accounts.

bglopez

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
640XL LTE barely lasts a day with 14342!!

The last couple of builds have progressively gotten worse - I thought. But with 14342... there is absolutely no doubt - the battery performance is very bad. Don't know what has been changed but I have woken up to a completely DEAD PHONE on 2 days since I installed this revision.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Seems there is a rouge process or something happening that is causing a process to just hammer the CPU at 30-35% constantly. Draining the battery and heating up the phone.

svchost.exe is the process running under user: <devicename>\WPNONETWORK

r3CKyVK.png

Can't upload the ETL log since its like 250MB, but haven't been able to pin point why.

Happens on both my 735 and ICON. Only way I get to silence the process is to turn on airplane mode, which usually will stop it from churning.

But that is not practical, also turning on WiFi/BT/Location/NFC in airplane mode doesn't seem to kick the process up, might be related to cellular data/SIM maybe? if I remove the SIM card no heating or CPU usage, put SIM card back in and toaster mode activates....

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
My 1520.3 on .318 has terribly fast discharge rate, which usually results in a crash. I basically keep it plugged in all the time. Since it's getting old, I wonder if it's a hardware problem. Anyone else?

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I'm not the only one - this thing (Lumia 640) is hot and eating up battery faster than my old Blackberry Z10 on 10.1.1... (EEK!)

Looks like I need to back it up a step and sit tight until they get it cured.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Someone try to switch temporary Ring to Production and reboot, and check if something change. It should stop telemetry and testing code (I guess)

I cannot test on my 650, I haven't any iussue till now

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Someone try to switch temporary Ring to Production and reboot, and check if something change. It should stop telemetry and testing code (I guess)

I cannot test on my 650, I haven't any iussue till now

I tried Production on 950XL, stopping telemetry,NFC etc. Battery life still miserable 5 hours at best. MS doesn't care about us the now .7% of smartphone customers.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried Production on 950XL, stopping telemetry,NFC etc. Battery life still miserable 5 hours at best. MS doesn't care about us the now .7% of smartphone customers.

Sincerely, after decades of working on huge variety of desktops, I cannot explain such differences btwn same identical devices, despite apps ecc.
A lot of 950 users are satisfied, there's another two with light sensor malfunction, someone with battery drain. BOH!

PS: yesterday I tried the new Microsoft Healt without Band. It killed 50% battery in 2 hours!!!!

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I had some serious drain happen over the weekend. Sometimes it was "lockscreen" or "Start" or "MSHealth" reporting the most usage.

I had turned off Cortana access from the lock screen and suddenly I still had over 50% after 18hrs of off charge time. The next day it went back to weird spikes. However, everytime I noticed the battery draining/heat build up, I just did a soft reset. This often resolved the issue but it doesn't mean that it resolved it permanmently as I did have to do that at least 3 times one day.

When those rogue processes are not going off and eating the battery, I get phenominal life (1-2% p/hr). Like right now: almost 8hrs off charge and I'm still at 87%.

I still have some minor issues with tiles not updating (MS Health) or store notifications (2 updates today with no notification) Skype stopped notifiying me until I did a soft reset at one point.

Edit: 950XL Build 14342

sso-li

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Have the same issue. While reinstalling all apps, using the screen, have the ms band connected and in addition just having connectivity with about bar (for both cellular and wifi), I had draining batteries, even I was attached the power. When I stopped using it and just let it install all things, battery took 2,5 hours to load 20% :-(
It is most likely related to the cellular connection. Because during the last days i didn't enter the SIM Pin and at least it feels like the battery drains slower..
just having a look if i already got the new patch to fix it.

And I was so Happy the first 30 Minutes after the Update, as Cortana has it finally arrived to Switzerland, regardless that it uses the the Germany German and not ooffer content for my country...

by the way, the screenshot of an earlier post, where infos about the phone are shown within the browser - how can i get this? or how is this "tool" called, so I can find it out by myself? thx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte