Outlook Mail and Calendar live tile not updating

moth43

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I reverted to Windows Phone 8.1, upgraded to 10586.107 and tested the Calendar live tile by creating a fake appointment. It worked perfectly. Testing again, I allowed Store to update Outlook Mail and Calendar to the latest version before upgrading to 14393 and the live tile was still working. After updating to Anniversary Update (14393), it stopped working. It's got to be an issue with RS1 builds and forward. Microsoft said in it's changelog of build 14283 that they would be making some improvements to the live tile refresh logic:

We made some more improvements to the Live tile refresh logic. First, if there are pending notifications for several Live tiles, we will now update them in one quick sweep across the Start screen rather than one at a time. Second, if a Live tile has both badge and content updates, they will now appear at the same time. Finally, apps will now launch faster from the Start screen if there are incoming Live tile updates at the same time.

I think this is the cause of the issue.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-14283/#zKYXOwqoRMYFFSEk.97

I used WRDT countless times after the launch of Anniversary Update and live tile issue was never fixed. :(

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I used WDRT, upgraded to Win 10, reset, AU, reset and tiles were broken.
After that I used WDRT again, upgraded to Win 10, reset, AU, after that NO reset, and tiles work for me.

ujsr

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
@Arnie-75
What about your Apps? Did you reinstall everything from scratch or have you tried to use a backup to easily restore everything? Thx.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am having same problem on my Lumia 830 (non-Insider 14393.448).
Few weeks back I had hard reset my phone, after that 2 problems started, earlier both these problems were not present. After factory reset I did not restored backup data. So phone could be considered completely fresh. Even I had format external memory card after Phone was reset.
First problem is about All Contacts Picture lost and Gmail contacts are not syncing (mentioned this in some other thread).

About Calendar Live Tile, I have observed that Tile is not updating, and it continues to show previous date or no date at all. This happens in all Tile size - Small, Medium and Large Wide.
Workaround is to resize Tile size and it will display updated information.
Calendar date and events are displayed correctly on Lock screen.
Outlook Mail and Calendar are updated several times after I did hard reset since 2-3 weeks back, but this issue is not getting resolved.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am having same problem on my Lumia 830 (non-Insider 14393.448).
Few weeks back I had hard reset my phone, after that 2 problems started, earlier both these problems were not present. After factory reset I did not restored backup data. So phone could be considered completely fresh. Even I had format external memory card after Phone was reset.
First problem is about All Contacts Picture lost and Gmail contacts are not syncing (mentioned this in some other thread).

About Calendar Live Tile, I have observed that Tile is not updating, and it continues to show previous date or no date at all. This happens in all Tile size - Small, Medium and Large Wide.
Workaround is to resize Tile size and it will display updated information.
Calendar date and events are displayed correctly on Lock screen.
Outlook Mail and Calendar are updated several times after I did hard reset since 2-3 weeks back, but this issue is not getting resolved.

It seems that a hard reset on AU brings on the problem and a WDRT without a hard reset on AU seems to be the only way to resolve it.Again it might not as happened to mjyumping.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That is weirdest thing. Since last 10 years we are made to believe that hard reset would fix the issues. But first time we are seeing that hard reset is introducing issue. Live Tile not updating in our case. Hopefully MS is aware of it.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
To be fair, the issue is with Outlook app which for some reason fails to set everything right when it's on Redstone. Still, they should fix that, this issue has been here for too long now. I don't understand how can they be that much irresponsible to Windows 10 Mobile phones manufacturers... This is a visible issue about which people have been talking about for quite long, and I'm sure there are many customers who decided to buy an Android instead of a Windows phone for this reason. A customer only needs to ask somebody "how does it work", and they would be told "your calendar tile may not work properly, and you're unable to reinstall any of the system apps"...

This can be a great platform, but Microsoft seems so careless about the customers and their third party phone manufacturers sometimes...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
3 to 4 build have passed and looks like Microsoft still has no solid solution to the problem.

Live tiles are a prime selling feature of WM. And even that is buggy.

On our devices we have one in production and one in slow ring. But basically all are beta software and we are the beta testers. It is unbelievable how many simple things don't work. Over long periods.

xflare

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem on my Lumia 535 been like it for months actually, i'm thinking of taking it back to 8.1 permanently to be honest. Windows 10 gets worse with each new app and OS update.

Have decided to go back to Windows 8.1 - everything working as it should now. 10 looks nice, but it's just too flaky

Last edited:

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I've not come across this issue until I had to reset my phone. God, It's annoying!

It seems that when the tile need to update (either by a new date or event) the tile just crashes and shows the calendar logo.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem on my Lumia 535 been like it for months actually, i'm thinking of taking it back to 8.1 permanently to be honest. Windows 10 gets worse with each new app and OS update.

Have decided to go back to Windows 8.1 - everything working as it should now. 10 looks nice, but it's just too flaky
Actually, I'm was thinking the opposite - it actually gets better. Now it's much better than in the months before. Sure, there is this issue with calendar, but you can use third party calendars if you want, it you may want to fix the issue with WDRT like I did.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Live tiles are a prime selling feature of WM. And even that is buggy.

On our devices we have one in production and one in slow ring. But basically all are beta software and we are the beta testers. It is unbelievable how many simple things don't work. Over long periods.
Agreed. We must accept that we are the W10M beta testers.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
OK... This is driving m'nuts!

We've had several builds of this app over the last couple of week and it's still broken. I need to find out if it's a preview or a production version that's broken.

I'm on the production version of the OS (build 10.14396.479) but on the pre-release branch. The version of Outlook Calendar is 17.7702.42008.0.

Can anyone confirm that this is or isn't a production version of the app?

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven