09-02-2017 03:42 AM
171 ... 567
tools
    Don't you at least have this button to add an address from your contacts?
    The issue is still there. It works for contacts you had when first connected to Microsoft account but not for new ones. I can reproduce it using this steps, can anyone please confirm it ?

1. open People app and add a new contact:

Name: John Smith

Email: js@something.abc

2. open Outlook Mail app (use default Outlook.com account)

3. create a new email

4. on To field, press the people contacts blue icon on the right side

5. select the John Smith from contatcs and confirm, you are back in Outlook Mail app

Expected: email To field have blue 'John Smith' recipient added with email address js@something.abc inside

Actual: email To field have blue ' js@something.abc' recipient added with email address js@something.abc inside

The recipient name is not copied from the people contact list anymore.
    12-19-2016 02:54 PM
    Most likely patch Tuesday won't help you. What we sadly need in my opinion on an update for Outlook mail & calendar, but there were so many of those, and no fix for this issue yet.
    There is an interesting observation from the Technet thread. It seems as the dead live tile issue after hard reset is caused by fresh profile without using saved settings on restore (which I always do to prevent any other mess) only.
    12-19-2016 05:30 PM
    Wait, so on Redstone 2 you already have an option to reinstall a system app, or perhaps even to uninstall it?

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone
    No, you still cannot move or delete system apps. It is just another bug that you can do it now with Outlook.
    12-20-2016 10:44 AM
    Maybe it just needs to sync something... I haven't tried what you described though.
    There is an interesting observation from the Technet thread. It seems as the dead live tile issue after hard reset is caused by fresh profile without using saved settings on restore (which I always do to prevent any other mess) only.
    Interesting. So when you do a hard reset with applying a backup, then the issue shouldn't show up. At least if the issue wasn't present at the moment of creating the backup.
    No, you still cannot move or delete system apps. It is just another bug that you can do it now with Outlook.
    Interesting. Thanks for clarification. :)

12-22-2016 03:01 AM
    Interesting. So when you do a hard reset with applying a backup, then the issue shouldn't show up. At least if the issue wasn't present at the moment of creating the backup.
    Reinstalling the Mail and Calendar app seems to resolve the issue. Unfortunately this is not possible without using unofficial tools to remove the application first. Kudos to the XDA developers people !
    12-22-2016 10:22 AM
    I don't know why I didn't think of the Interop tool. In fact, it solved a long problem I've had with my wife's phone and the mail app using too much storage. Great app!
    12-22-2016 04:38 PM
    Just to be sure. So if I was to make a backup with my Lumia 532, do a hard reset, and restore my setting with that backup, I shouldn't get this issue?

Why I'm asking is because I should get a Lumia 730 in few days, and I am planning to upgrade it to Windows 10 Mobile. Now, what I originally wanted to do was to install Windows 10 Mobile on it, login there with my account, and start fresh - without loading any backups, but the only reason for that was this problem with Calendar live tile not refreshing automatically. On the other hand, it would be really great if I didn't have to start from fresh, because in that case almost everything would go automatically, and I would need to do only some minor things manually, plus I wouldn't lose words added to keyboard prediction.

Still, maybe I should do a clean install regardless...
    12-23-2016 05:31 PM
    I confirm re-installing the app fixes the problem after hard reset, now I have another bug could not sync google contacts.

Used Interop Tools :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...istry-t3445271

Edit: Removed all accounts, restart and added them again, Now Google Contacts is working fine.
    Last edited by Sherif Hafez; 12-24-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    12-24-2016 03:09 PM
    That could mean that the issue has been fixed by Microsoft to some extent. Not sure, but as we understood this issue before, now the issue shouldn't appear even after hard reset. I mean, if reinstalling application helps, then so should hard reset.

I hope I'm not wrong.

12-24-2016 03:48 PM
    Finally Calendar Live Tile issue resolved for me after I recovered my Lumia 830 through Windows Device Recovery Tool.
    Half of my Sunday wasted in this lengthy process, in which phone got downgraded to WP8.1 by downloading almost 1.79 GB. Then installed Upgrade Advisor to get W10M, then 1-2 updated for W10M. Then configured all apps again. Overall 12-14 hours and 3-4 GB of data utilised in this process!!!
    Few other issues like Google Contact not displaying also resolved. And profile pics also recovered for all contacts which I had assigned earlier.

Now I will never ever factory reset my phone again!!!
    Rinsun likes this.
    02-02-2017 12:18 AM
    Finally Calendar Live Tile issue resolved for me after I recovered my Lumia 830 through Windows Device Recovery Tool.
    Half of my Sunday wasted in this lengthy process, in which phone got downgraded to WP8.1 by downloading almost 1.79 GB. Then installed Upgrade Advisor to get W10M, then 1-2 updated for W10M. Then configured all apps again. Overall 12-14 hours and 3-4 GB of data utilised in this process!!!
    Few other issues like Google Contact not displaying also resolved. And profile pics also recovered for all contacts which I had assigned earlier.

Now I will never ever factory reset my phone again!!!
    I went through this in Aug or Sept.It was an exhausting experience.I did not need any hard reset since then and I hope I won't need to .
    svknet likes this.
    02-02-2017 09:21 AM
    Insider build 15025 apparently addresses this issue, are you folks seeing any improvement?
    garisa likes this.
    02-03-2017 04:07 AM
    OMG, updated calendar app yesterday and now the tile is COMPLETELY DEAD.

I struggled for months with the tile not updating issue before finally biting the bullet and doing a WDRT to fix it. And now with a single update they've completely killed it. Neither resize, repin, nor restarting the phone helps; the tile just shows the outlook icon, no date. I'm so pissed right now... How does something like this even get pass QA?!
    02-09-2017 11:31 AM

I struggled for months with the tile not updating issue before finally biting the bullet and doing a WDRT to fix it. And now with a single update they've completely killed it. Neither resize, repin, nor restarting the phone helps; the tile just shows the outlook icon, no date. I'm so pissed right now... How does something like this even get pass QA?!
    My Outlook Mail and Calendar got an update today morning.It is working normally so far .Let me see what happens after the date changes.I am a non insider.
    I can understand your frustration.
    02-10-2017 10:35 AM

I have given my old Lumia 532 to my brother, I only did a hard reset. The app time doesn't sync to him, and I just left it to him as it is. He has the Outlook calendar default tile, he doesn't even know he should have something else there, and he's happy. :D Ignorance is bliss. :D

Perhaps that is the best solution here - to have another calendar tile app, and to have a small Outlook calendar tile nearby to add or remove events. That would be there best for me at least as I prefer Outlook calendar interface before any other calendar app, though some of them have better tiles.

Sadly, he also has issues with Skype preview from time to time - his camera won't turn on during video call very often. It doesn't happen to be, and I could again bite the bullet for him, but I don't date to do that now when I know some people have issues with signing in to their Microsoft accounts after getting wp8.1, thus they are unable to upgrade to w10m...

I don't get what are they doing... Right now Alarm & clock also has issue with the tile not updating after waking you up. I they messed up Groove Music really bad... Its live tile and the music turns off when you close the app.

02-11-2017 08:30 AM

Calendar tile is working normally for me till now since that WDRT in Aug 2016.
    02-11-2017 08:34 AM
    I wonder if this "Reset phone and now Outlook live tile not working" issue is still present on the Creators update (RS2). Has anyone tried yet?
    02-15-2017 01:41 AM
    My phone suddenly started freezing today so I went for a hard reset and now the non-updating Mail and Calendar tile is back.I do not have the enthusiasm for a WDRT again right now.
    03-22-2017 02:07 PM
    Damn, not again with this issue... :(

Did you do hard reset with pulling a restore, or without a restore?

EDIT: Maybe it does work, maybe what you has right now was an isolated occurrence of this issue. The tile works well for me, but sometimes it does does refuse to update. It brings the tile with Outlook calendar icon, and it stays like that until I resize the tile or do something else in the calendar. But generally it works. Almost always it does.
    04-26-2017 06:20 PM
    I have an AT&T Go 640 that the Calendar and Mail apps never updated regardless of how may updates for it/them came out. I then debranded my phone a few months ago with the AR ROM, and it has been working ever since.

It did stop working again after I did a hard reset to fix the Bluetooth issue, and once back up and running the mail tile wouldn't update, yet the Calendar did. Left it for a couple of days and the next update to the app and the mail tile started working again.

Just checked in the Store for the update status, and the Mail and Calendar app had another update today, and both tiles are still working.

P.S. Currently on 15205
    garisa likes this.
    04-26-2017 09:24 PM
    And it's broken again. What are they doing that keeps breaking to live tile!

My Outlook Calendar tile won't even show the date now, let alone any events.
    09-02-2017 03:42 AM
171 ... 567