Outlook Mail and Calendar live tile not updating

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha, yeah life sometimes suck :)

Not that I'm doubting it fixed it in your case, but I'm skeptical the update would've fixed it for everyone until I hear more evidence of it fixed from others. It's not the first time I've heard the problem got fixed for some people while it remained for me update after update.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Not that I'm doubting it fixed it in your case, but I'm skeptical the update would've fixed it for everyone until I hear more evidence of it fixed from others. It's not the first time I've heard the problem got fixed for some people while it remained for me update after update.

The Outlook Mail and Calendar app update yesterday did not fix it for me.

ChrischeHH

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

had the same annoying issue for months with the Calendar live tile (Mail always worked fine somehow). Several hard resets later no change. Until I used the WDRT and made a full Recovery. Since then it works like a charm!

Device: Lumia 550
Build: 14915.1000

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

had the same annoying issue for months with the Calendar live tile (Mail always worked fine somehow). Several hard resets later no change. Until I used the WDRT and made a full Recovery. Since then it works like a charm!

Device: Lumia 550
Build: 14915.1000

Which build do you found on WDRT?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Like me, I need to resize everytime for update livetile

I had the same problem. Combined with all the other problems I've been having, I decided to roll back to 14393. I know MS said some of these newer builds would be rough, but I didn't imagine that I would be resetting my phone 3-4 times a day.

Pacific16

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
After midnight, I have to resize the tile, re-pin or reboot the phone to see the updated date on the tile.

If I do not resize the tile, re-pin or reboot the phone, the date doesn't change or the tile shows no date (with the Calender icon).

After trying all kind of tips and tricks, I did hard reset thrice, just to fix the calendar issue, but no luck.

Lumia930/Slow Ring.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
After midnight, I have to resize the tile, re-pin or reboot the phone to see the updated date on the tile.

If I do not resize the tile, re-pin or reboot the phone, the date doesn't change or the tile shows no date (with the Calender icon).

After trying all kind of tips and tricks, I did hard reset thrice, just to fix the calendar issue, but no luck.

Lumia930/Slow Ring.

Hard reset won't fix it unfortunately, tried that myself. So far, only rolling back with WDRT then upgrading back to w10m seems to have any success at getting rid of this annoying bug.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I've also fixed it using WDRT and I can confirm nothing else will help. During past months I've tried with soft reset, hard reset, OS update, apps update, remove/recreate accounts, unpin/re-pin tiles... but nothing helped.

Now this was long process: back to W8, upgrade to W10, update to Redstone, install/update apps, update settings... Yes, I'm happy now, however there is no guarantee it will not happen again. Microsoft should fix this or never advertise their shiny live tiles again.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I've also fixed it using WDRT and I can confirm nothing else will help.

I think I'm just going to wait for Microsoft to roll out a fix instead. It's Microsoft's job to fix their busted OS/apps, not mine. I didn't buy the phones to waste hours resetting and going through the OOBE. Plus, as you've said, there's no guarantee that it won't just break again. My mom and dad have been complaining to me that the calendar tile is stuck and not updating to today's date, and right now, the only thing I can do is tell them to reboot their phones whenever something's acting funky.

sfh57

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Try this to get mail account live tiles to display new message notifications: unpin all mail account tiles and the Outlook app tile from Start. Slide over to All apps and open Outlook Mail, then press ... at lower right, Settings, Notifications and set accordingly, e.g. turn "Group notifications..." to On, check "Apply to all...", turn "Show notifications..." to On, check banners and sounds. Back, back and then press hamburger icon at upper left to show Accounts, long press each account and select Pin to Start. Also make sure under Settings/System/Notifications & actions that notifications for all the accounts and Outlook Mail are On. You can also now adjust Lockscreen settings to display notifications for one or more accounts.

Aurelio Crippa

May 14, 2016
Visit site
try to pin only inbox.
Thanks Robert, it worked for me. The new mail live tile is now almost OK.
It shows the correct number of emails currently in the inbox. But as soon as I read/delete one of those, the little number in the live tile goes to blank.
In other words, the number in the live tile increases but does not decrease.
Anyway, better than before.

Calendar live tile is still messed up, of course.

Last edited:

Spydah1

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I've just tried all those things, and still no joy. The Outlook live tile shows one unread message. It's a message which arrived about three days ago and which I've long since read and deleted. I hope someone from Microsoft is monitoring this thread because, judging by all the comments, there's a bug there which is long overdue for fixing.
The live tiles feature is one which I believe makes Windows more attractive than Android and iOs. However if the feature doesn't work...

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here, Lumia 930 with latest Win 10 update. Yesterday I reset my device with WDRT but it still won't show updates on the live tiles for mail and calendar. The whole thing took about 3h which is very frustrating when nothing changes after that. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb