Outlook Mail and Calendar live tile not updating

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here, Lumia 930 with latest Win 10 update. Yesterday I reset my device with WDRT but it still won't show updates on the live tiles for mail and calendar. The whole thing took about 3h which is very frustrating when nothing changes after that. :(

I had to do the WDRT a second time before the problem was solved.I did not do any hard reset the second time.Maybe the hard reset after the first WDRT had brought back the bug as the problem had started after a hard reset I had done after AU.
Since then (early Sept) the tiles are working normally.

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I did a hard reset indeed after updating from 8.1 to 10. But I will definately not do this time consuming thing again. If Microsoft is not able to fix this bug, even after people do a reset with the WDRT, this smartphone simply is not the right thing for users. This whole smartphone thing is needed to help me organize my life and make it more easy. If I need to invest many hours again and again I will switch to a mobile device that just works.
That's a pity because I really like Windows Phone (or Windows Mobile as it is called today), but after all I just want a working device. I have a job and a family and time become more importent every day.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, a hard reset provokes this issue if you do the hard reset while you are in AU.

Guys, a friend suggested a solution to this problem, and hopefully it could help, it looks promising to me. I'm posting here his solution in Serbian but I'm going to translate it for you.

in Serbian by kinkel said:
... evo jednog fix-a za plocicu kalendara kada ne prikazuje datum pravilno.
prvo izbacite sinhronizaciju svih kalendara (MS, guglov, itd.)
zatvorite kalendar, ugasite telefon .. ukljucite telefon.
ponovo prijavite kalendare .. i plocica sad pokazuje tacan datum.
opet iskljucite i ukljucite tel za proveru ..
meni je tako proradio na insider fast, na mi4.
sada radi bez greske, izgleda da mu kombinacija vise kalendara sa raznih naloga smeta ...
English translation said:
Here's a fix for calendars lives tile not showing the dat properly. First remove/turn off calendar sync for all accounts such as Microsoft, Google, etc. Close the calendar, shut down the phone. Then turn the phone on again. Turn your calendars back on (sign in or whatever). The live tile should show the date properly again. Turn the phone back off an on just to check, to be sure. This is how I got it to work on insider fast on my MI4.
Now it works flawlessly, it seems that combination of more calendars messes up something.

I haven't tested it because I got calendars lives tile to work with WDRT and by not doing the hard reset after getting the AU. And to say the truth, I use only one cause calendar account, but I do have a Gmail account on it to with Google calendar turn l sync turned off.

Please, let me know if this helps.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I did a hard reset indeed after updating from 8.1 to 10. But I will definately not do this time consuming thing again. If Microsoft is not able to fix this bug, even after people do a reset with the WDRT, this smartphone simply is not the right thing for users. This whole smartphone thing is needed to help me organize my life and make it more easy. If I need to invest many hours again and again I will switch to a mobile device that just works.
That's a pity because I really like Windows Phone (or Windows Mobile as it is called today), but after all I just want a working device. I have a job and a family and time become more importent every day.

I agree with you.I spent quite some time during two consecutive weekends doing the WDRT and it was exhausting .I like WM especially the live tiles and use my phone for organising my life and contacting people.I have switched to Moto G4 Plus as my primary device from Sept end and use my secondary sim in my Lumia.I do miss the start screen but I use MS apps on my Android.
Since the second WDRT my Lumia has been working normally except for the loss of contact pics with upgrade of my Outlook account.

Last edited:

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site

OK, first thing: How do I "remove/turn off calendar sync" in Windows Mobile 10? I can only find the option to turn email syncing off.

Oh, and I also have this bug for the mail live tile. :(

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, just deletet the account for syncing the calender, shut down and restartet the Lumia, added the outlook.com account again. Still does not work.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
To be honest I'm afraid to try anything because I would be worried not to provoke this issue again. And yes, it was unclear to me too.

But there are few options - one is to tap on the hamburger on the Calendar and to uncheck all calendars there. Still, I don't think that's it, but that you should go to the three dots "???", and tap "Manage accounts". There you could stop Gmail from syncing calendar when you go to its settings, but you could also delete all accounts from there for which you have a calendar. In my case that would be Gmail and Outlook. Note that after AU it appears to be possible to remove even your Microsoft account from there, it wasn't possible before. And then you could restart the phone, and bring back those accounts, and do everything as described above. Also, I don't think that this issue is caused by having multiple calendar accounts, but ok who knows...

Oh, and before trying to remove those accounts, especially the Microsoft account, I would make a backup. Just in case. :)

But I'm going to ask him right away what he exactly did there so we could know.

As about email live tile, you could try to set separate live tiles for each of your email accounts, I have heard before that users have this issue mostly (or only) when they have one live tile for all their accounts.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey, guys, coming with another reply from the friend.

u podesavanju naloga za gugl, yahoo ... iskljuio sam sinhronizaciju svega .. e majlova, kalandara i kontakata.
u glavnom nalogu se moze iskljuciti sinhronizacija mejlova i kontakata vec samo email , pa sam morao totalno da se odjavim sa naloga .. iskljucio fon .. pri sledecem ukljucenju opet sam se prijavio na glavni (live.com) nalog, pa zatim na ostale naloge .. i nije bilo problema sa plocicom... glavni jezik na tel. mi je engleski, a lokalizacija srbija .. sve se desava na poslednjem insider fastu.
And in English:
In account settings for Google and Yahoo accounts I turned off synchronization of everything - email, calendar and contacts. In your main (Microsoft) account you cannot turn of synchronization of calendar and contacts, but only synchronization off email so I signed out of that account (I assume he deleted it on his phone). I turned off the phone. The next time I turned on the phone I signed in again into this account, and turned on synchronization on of everything again. Then there was no issue with calendars live tile. Main language on the phone is English, region is Serbia. I did all this on fast insider ring.
So I assume that removing all accounts from Accounts in the settings with restarting the phone after that should fix this issue.

I hope this still help you. Please, let me know if it does. :)

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
That's what I did. Deleted the MS account from my Lumia, restarted it, and readded the account.
Damn... I hoped it should work, it did the job to him. Maybe it's because he's on fast insider, but that's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I'm staying away from insider from now on too.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Damn... I hoped it should work, it did the job to him. Maybe it's because he's on fast insider, but that's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I'm staying away from insider from now on too.

Now I remember ,I had done something like this (and a host of other things) before the WDRT,but it had not worked.
Only thing that worked was the WDRT without the hard reset.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Last week Mail & Calendar "updated" almost daily. One of those updates reset a whole bunch of the Settings, including turning off notifications and turning on "conversation view" (which I despise).
And, every single time there's an update to the app, the live tile counts & lock screen counts don't work improperly. So what I have to do after every update is:
- remove the start screen tiles
- re-pin the start screen tiles
- send myself an e-mail to each account (so I get one notification)
- go back and re-select my custom notification sounds for each account
- Go back and re-select the Lock Screen icons for the mail accounts

Even then, it's still not 100%, but until I do the above it's completely buggered. And with all these Mail app updates, I have yet to see a single actual improvement in anything, or any new feature of note. I almost suspect they're putting out these fake "updates" just to mess with our heads.

Brad.

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Although I didn't want to, I reset the device with WDRT yesterday while watching TV. After upgrading to Win 10 I did a hard reset and after that updated to Anniversary Update. Indeed the live tiles both work fine again. I'm sorry to say this, but as long as MS has these kinds of problems their smartphones simply cannot compete with Apple or Android.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Although I didn't want to, I reset the device with WDRT yesterday while watching TV. After upgrading to Win 10 I did a hard reset and after that updated to Anniversary Update. Indeed the live tiles both work fine again. I'm sorry to say this, but as long as MS has these kinds of problems their smartphones simply cannot compete with Apple or Android.

The second time I had let the WDRT continue while I went about my own work.But it is quite annoying that live tiles which are an integral part of Windows mobile need so much hard work to get them working properly.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My Outlook live tiles are still not working after WDRT reset 14393.448

Did you hard reset after the WDRT ?
The first time I did the WDRT ,I hard reset after upgrading to AU (from 8.1 then threshold 2 then AU then hard reset) and live tiles did not work.I did another WDRT the next weekend and then I did not do any hard reset and my live tiles started working normally .Since then I have avoided a hard reset.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you hard reset after the WDRT ?
The first time I did the WDRT ,I hard reset after upgrading to AU (from 8.1 then threshold 2 then AU then hard reset) and live tiles did not work.I did another WDRT the next weekend and then I did not do any hard reset and my live tiles started working normally .Since then I have avoided a hard reset.
no I didn't hard reset after the WDRT and update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss