Apps requiring reinstallation

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted this in the Win 10 Mobile forum but it was suggested I post this here instead:

My most recent fast ring update has created an issue where most of my apps are requiring me to delete them and then reinstall them.

The message I am getting when I click on the apps is, "XXX app can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store."

Of course no such thing exists so my only option is to get rid of the app, download it again, and then reinstall.

If that's my only option then that's what I'll do but I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this and been able to get around it. It's happened to about 10 apps so far and likely many more that I just haven't uncovered yet.

Thanks!

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this. Two updates ago, this started to happen to my phone. If I uninstalled/reinstalled, the app would work again. I didn't do it to all of the apps I had this problem with, and sure enough the last update, .1003, fixed it. But now, last night's update is doing the same thing again. And it's a lot of the same apps as before. I'm sure there isn't anyway to fix this as a whole, but if anyone has any advice, besides the uninstall/reinstall route, that would be helpful. Thanks! L950 Redstone

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this. Two updates ago, this started to happen to my phone. If I uninstalled/reinstalled, the app would work again. I didn't do it to all of the apps I had this problem with, and sure enough the last update, .1003, fixed it. But now, last night's update is doing the same thing again. And it's a lot of the same apps as before. I'm sure there isn't anyway to fix this as a whole, but if anyone has any advice, besides the uninstall/reinstall route, that would be helpful. Thanks! L950 Redstone

First a soft reset, so phone can check sd card if necessary, then check the app pending list in Store and tap Search updates

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786