Two Glance screen settings, build 14342

David Keller

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Found something strange last night on my Lumia 640, I have 2 separate setting for glance screen, one in Extras and other in Personalization. I noticed that glance screen was not showing during charge and went to settings and found 2 of them. Its not the same app as setting options are different.

It has always been in Extras before, is this is side effect of work in progress?

wp_ss_20160523_0004.pngwp_ss_20160523_0005.pngwp_ss_20160523_0006.png

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
There isn't on the new glance screen, only always on in general. But, i think that's just a work in progress. Glance screen has been somewhat sluggish for me since redstone builds, but I'm guessing that's a symptom of integrating it into the OS rather than a separate app and will be ironed out

jklier

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed the glance screen while charging setting was gone as well. I decided to roll back to production because of this one. I use my phone as a clock while it's charging on my nightstand. Don't really want to leave glance on all the time.

Too bad. Iw as enjoying testing the insider builds. Will likely jump back in again if they put the setting back.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The latest Fast Insider tweaks the new Glance to be always on by charging. I find it kinda, sorta works but the glance goes off anyway after some period of time (less than an hour). Hopefully they'll fix that, along with the missing battery & quiet hours icons that used to show next to the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo