Build fix 1004 for battery draining: does it work on you?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
My batt stats were good on .1003. I've noticed a small improvement. The biggest noticeable improvement for me is my keyboard isn't shy any more!! Yay!

The 950 range is very good on the RS builds

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The 950 range is very good on the RS builds

What is still broken? Does Cortana work (i.e. no crashing) ? Read SMS over Bluetooth and actually let you reply without a 2 hour delay ? How is Band 2 connectivity?

Thinking about trying RS but... not excited if it is as bad or worse than 10586 ... DRT is no fun to get back to half a$$ stable build... I do however love this 950 device is nice .. camera wicked !

L930ZA

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone
The 1004 build gives a noticeable improvement over 1003 On my Lumia 930. Hopefully the rebooting will also be a thing of the past.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Battery is still draining fast on my 950xl but usually happens after a build install.

One weird thing is my apps are all behaving weird. Some are telling me I can't launch them and may need an update. Others aren't functioning correctly when in them. And I'm getting store updates for things I don't even have installed.

Yay!

Fun times at redstone high.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I had poor battery life on 1003, including very slow charging, for some reason. So far 1004 is much better.

Sent from mTalk

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Battery is still draining fast on my 950xl but usually happens after a build install.

One weird thing is my apps are all behaving weird. Some are telling me I can't launch them and may need an update. Others aren't functioning correctly when in them. And I'm getting store updates for things I don't even have installed.

Yay!

Fun times at redstone high.
Let the store work, then you 'll able to uninstall undesiderables..... like office apps, they are bulk in MS builds.
Let's see inf a one day or two your phone stabylizes itself

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Let the store work, then you 'll able to uninstall undesiderables..... like office apps, they are bulk in MS builds.
Let's see inf a one day or two your phone stabylizes itself

I don't have those apps installed. It's actually Disney Crossy Road that keeps showing up which I had uninstalled. It's already been a while since install. I did have the windows logo install issue when I was installing build. I did wait an hour and then rebooted. Once it rebooted it actually went straight to login. Apps were all in pending at the time so i just shot phone off and let them do their thing. After a while they were all up so i rebooted and while most work some are having issues. They really need a "verify & repair" button in the storage section where the apps are listed. This can verify if app is setup as should be and fix any corruption. Guess I'll put that into feedback.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't have those apps installed. It's actually Disney Crossy Road that keeps showing up which I had uninstalled. It's already been a while since install. I did have the windows logo install issue when I was installing build. I did wait an hour and then rebooted. Once it rebooted it actually went straight to login. Apps were all in pending at the time so i just shot phone off and let them do their thing. After a while they were all up so i rebooted and while most work some are having issues. They really need a "verify & repair" button in the storage section where the apps are listed. This can verify if app is setup as should be and fix any corruption. Guess I'll put that into feedback.

Nice suggestion. In Desktop too

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Too early to say for sure if all the problems are cleared by the update, but I can say at least that my 930 is actually charging with the battery level going up which it didn't last week; I am not getting critical battery level notices and having the phone shut off and it is not getting insanely hot when plugged into a charger or resting on the charge plate, all of which were the case last week and weekend. Still need to see how long the charge actually lasts and I will need to give it the crucial test of a long car trip using MS Maps and GPS. But this is certainly promising.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Icon user here, and my phone doesn't overheat while charging. For the past week, it would have trouble charging 10% an hour without using it, and drop quickly after disconnecting from charger. It could be a bit better but Build .1004 is great so far!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Also, some apps that wouldn't open with the last build (Authenticator, Money, WindowsBlogItalia, etc.) are now opening up again

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
lumia 735 here...very noticeable difference in battery life. it is back to normal after 1004...i have 50% battery life after a full day usage. also, not getting hot.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by pcwilliams
lumia 735 here...very noticeable difference in battery life. it is back to normal after 1004...i have 50% battery life after a full day usage. also, not getting hot.

Owns 735, thinking about switching to fast from slow.....Is it good for everyday usage?
PS..Have been an insider for over a year an half, don't have any problem for some bugs and issues here and there, unless affects experience in baad way!!

Thank you ☺

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Owns 735, thinking about switching to fast from slow.....Is it good for everyday usage?
PS..Have been an insider for over a year an half, don't have any problem for some bugs and issues here and there, unless affects experience in baad way!!

Thank you ☺

Slow Rings means downloading the same Fast build but one or two week later ("slow"). That means Insiders got more fix, and the ideas and workarounds by searching the Windows community.
Now Fast and Slow both got 1004 build

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans