Build fix 1004 for battery draining: does it work on you?

peterrey

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a 1520, which I love and for the first time the battery life and over heating was dire with the 1003 upgrade. 1004 has solved that problem completely

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am still upset at how horrible Cortana is hands-free in a car compared to what it was in 8.1. Seriously massive regress, sending and replying to a text is just ******* even worth the effort anymore.

The need for a PIN code for her to finish the transaction is the biggest issue, the lagginess of her actions is bareable for the most part, but the PIN code thing breaks the whole damn thing if you don't enter it.

I think I isolated the issue with her speech recognition to the Nokia Qi Car Dock I have, when its in the cradle its like she becomes dumber than a sack of bricks, take her out of it and place it in the cup holder next to me and she will be pretty damn good at recognizing my voice, it could also be that the phone is close to the head unit and there is signal interference but either way, I never experienced this **** poor experience or performance in 8.1. Its my only peeve right now, I don't care about an app crashing at this point I just want the Hands-Free to be actually HANDS FREE.

THIS HAS BEEN THIS WAY SINCE THE VERY FIRST W10M BUILD

BACK ON TOPIC: Yes my ICON and 735 both run smoother, cooler and retain proper battery and I can leave cellular data on now :)

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
it's still **** on my lumia 535, i took it off the charger yesterday at 15:22, now 12:45 it has 42% charge, i'm not even using it so, basically, it has been just sitting on my desk the entire time.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
it's still **** on my lumia 535, i took it off the charger yesterday at 15:22, now 12:45 it has 42% charge, i'm not even using it so, basically, it has been just sitting on my desk the entire time.

Wow almost 24 hrs in standby with 50% remaining, and you call it a ***** ??? Are you joking??
Few of us got a 48hrs standby phone even in 8.1, consider you got a little 2000 mAh battery, the minimum!

Last edited:

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Wow almost 24 hrs in standby with 50% remaining, and you call it a ***** ??? Are you joking??
Few of us got a 48hrs standby phone even in 8.1, consider you got a little 2000 mAh battery, the minimum!

Not 50%, 42%(now at 34%, 15:29 ), on the desk NOT BEING USED. When i was in the 10586.318 build, It used to last almost 2 days on 1 charge with light to moderate usage, so yeah, i don't think that's good. Also takes considerably longer to fully charge it than before.

My L640 on 10586.318 just made 48hs while being actually used, whatsapp, some web browsing, a few reads in windows central app, i guess 20min of groove music, i think you could call it light to moderate usage, and it still had 30% left, maybe i could squeeze one more day from it if i just left it on my desk doing nothing. Yeah, i know the l640 has more battery juice, but battery life in the redstone branch is really bad, i hope they can get it at least on 10586.318 level when anniversary hits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb