05-27-2016 01:31 PM
29 12
tools
    05-26-2016 04:29 AM
    Just received it...hmm i wonder if will do any good :D
    05-26-2016 04:40 AM
    My batt stats were good on .1003. I've noticed a small improvement. The biggest noticeable improvement for me is my keyboard isn't shy any more!! Yay!

The 950 range is very good on the RS builds
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    05-26-2016 05:12 AM

The 950 range is very good on the RS builds
    What is still broken? Does Cortana work (i.e. no crashing) ? Read SMS over Bluetooth and actually let you reply without a 2 hour delay ? How is Band 2 connectivity?

Thinking about trying RS but... not excited if it is as bad or worse than 10586 ... DRT is no fun to get back to half a$$ stable build... I do however love this 950 device is nice .. camera wicked !
    05-26-2016 08:39 AM
    Anyone on a 929, 930 or 1520 on .1004 yet? If so hows the battery life/heat issues?
    05-26-2016 11:12 AM
    Hi everyone
    The 1004 build gives a noticeable improvement over 1003 On my Lumia 930. Hopefully the rebooting will also be a thing of the past.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    05-26-2016 11:21 AM
    Battery is still draining fast on my 950xl but usually happens after a build install.

One weird thing is my apps are all behaving weird. Some are telling me I can't launch them and may need an update. Others aren't functioning correctly when in them. And I'm getting store updates for things I don't even have installed.

Yay!

Fun times at redstone high.
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    05-26-2016 12:07 PM
    I had poor battery life on 1003, including very slow charging, for some reason. So far 1004 is much better.

Sent from mTalk
    05-26-2016 12:21 PM
    Battery is still draining fast on my 950xl but usually happens after a build install.

One weird thing is my apps are all behaving weird. Some are telling me I can't launch them and may need an update. Others aren't functioning correctly when in them. And I'm getting store updates for things I don't even have installed.

Yay!

Fun times at redstone high.
    Let the store work, then you 'll able to uninstall undesiderables..... like office apps, they are bulk in MS builds.
    Let's see inf a one day or two your phone stabylizes itself
    05-26-2016 12:22 PM
    Let the store work, then you 'll able to uninstall undesiderables..... like office apps, they are bulk in MS builds.
    Let's see inf a one day or two your phone stabylizes itself
    I don't have those apps installed. It's actually Disney Crossy Road that keeps showing up which I had uninstalled. It's already been a while since install. I did have the windows logo install issue when I was installing build. I did wait an hour and then rebooted. Once it rebooted it actually went straight to login. Apps were all in pending at the time so i just shot phone off and let them do their thing. After a while they were all up so i rebooted and while most work some are having issues. They really need a "verify & repair" button in the storage section where the apps are listed. This can verify if app is setup as should be and fix any corruption. Guess I'll put that into feedback.
    05-26-2016 12:32 PM
    I don't have those apps installed. It's actually Disney Crossy Road that keeps showing up which I had uninstalled. It's already been a while since install. I did have the windows logo install issue when I was installing build. I did wait an hour and then rebooted. Once it rebooted it actually went straight to login. Apps were all in pending at the time so i just shot phone off and let them do their thing. After a while they were all up so i rebooted and while most work some are having issues. They really need a "verify & repair" button in the storage section where the apps are listed. This can verify if app is setup as should be and fix any corruption. Guess I'll put that into feedback.
    Nice suggestion. In Desktop too
    05-26-2016 12:37 PM
    Too early to say for sure if all the problems are cleared by the update, but I can say at least that my 930 is actually charging with the battery level going up which it didn't last week; I am not getting critical battery level notices and having the phone shut off and it is not getting insanely hot when plugged into a charger or resting on the charge plate, all of which were the case last week and weekend. Still need to see how long the charge actually lasts and I will need to give it the crucial test of a long car trip using MS Maps and GPS. But this is certainly promising.
    05-26-2016 12:47 PM
    Lumia Icon user here, and my phone doesn't overheat while charging. For the past week, it would have trouble charging 10% an hour without using it, and drop quickly after disconnecting from charger. It could be a bit better but Build .1004 is great so far!
    05-26-2016 03:47 PM
    Also, some apps that wouldn't open with the last build (Authenticator, Money, WindowsBlogItalia, etc.) are now opening up again
    05-26-2016 03:49 PM
    lumia 735 here...very noticeable difference in battery life. it is back to normal after 1004...i have 50% battery life after a full day usage. also, not getting hot.
    Leonel Funes and FAHMI BASSEM like this.
    05-26-2016 09:14 PM
    My L830 takes forever to charge
    full day only 50% charge
    05-27-2016 03:31 AM
    Originally posted by pcwilliams
    lumia 735 here...very noticeable difference in battery life. it is back to normal after 1004...i have 50% battery life after a full day usage. also, not getting hot.
    Owns 735, thinking about switching to fast from slow.....Is it good for everyday usage?
    PS..Have been an insider for over a year an half, don't have any problem for some bugs and issues here and there, unless affects experience in baad way!!

Thank you ☺
    05-27-2016 06:20 AM
    Owns 735, thinking about switching to fast from slow.....Is it good for everyday usage?
    PS..Have been an insider for over a year an half, don't have any problem for some bugs and issues here and there, unless affects experience in baad way!!

Thank you ☺
    Slow Rings means downloading the same Fast build but one or two week later ("slow"). That means Insiders got more fix, and the ideas and workarounds by searching the Windows community.
    Now Fast and Slow both got 1004 build
    05-27-2016 06:29 AM
    My insider level is disabled can't change it stuck with 1003 can't upgrade to 1004 how to fix it
    05-27-2016 06:31 AM
    My insider level is disabled can't change it stuck with 1003 can't upgrade to 1004 how to fix it
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-disabled.html

Seems a new settings general bug. It doesn't show any level, and shows disabled to everyone. Use the feedback.

Both Fast and Slow ring got 1004 build
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    05-27-2016 06:39 AM
    Sent a screen shot in feedback hub seems I'm not the only one
    05-27-2016 06:56 AM
    I have a 1520, which I love and for the first time the battery life and over heating was dire with the 1003 upgrade. 1004 has solved that problem completely
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    05-27-2016 07:07 AM

Seems a new settings general bug. It doesn't show any level, and shows disabled to everyone. Use the feedback.

My 950XL won't upgrade, I have 1003, insider app unresponsive, (disabled) and if I check for updates it says it is up to date. How can I update?
    05-27-2016 07:27 AM
    I am still upset at how horrible Cortana is hands-free in a car compared to what it was in 8.1. Seriously massive regress, sending and replying to a text is just ******* even worth the effort anymore.

The need for a PIN code for her to finish the transaction is the biggest issue, the lagginess of her actions is bareable for the most part, but the PIN code thing breaks the whole damn thing if you don't enter it.

I think I isolated the issue with her speech recognition to the Nokia Qi Car Dock I have, when its in the cradle its like she becomes dumber than a sack of bricks, take her out of it and place it in the cup holder next to me and she will be pretty damn good at recognizing my voice, it could also be that the phone is close to the head unit and there is signal interference but either way, I never experienced this **** poor experience or performance in 8.1. Its my only peeve right now, I don't care about an app crashing at this point I just want the Hands-Free to be actually HANDS FREE.

THIS HAS BEEN THIS WAY SINCE THE VERY FIRST W10M BUILD

BACK ON TOPIC: Yes my ICON and 735 both run smoother, cooler and retain proper battery and I can leave cellular data on now :)
    05-27-2016 09:54 AM

Is that true? I've been debating whether to take the plunge to Redstone. If this build is going to the slow ring, I might go for it.
    05-27-2016 10:19 AM
29 12