I had to free up some space in my phone to install yesterday's update so my usual choice is to uninstall the office apps since they always reinstall themselves with every update (bug or feature?).

The thing is, yesterday that didn't happen so I had to reinstall them. No problem with excel and powerpoint but I couldn't manage to install word since the store shows it as installed even when going to My library but I'm positive the app isn't installed as it doesn't even appear in the storage settings.

And when I open word in store it loads, briefly shows "this product is installed" and then it closes.

Is there a solution? Or do I have to wait and see if it reinstalls with the next build?
    05-26-2016 11:50 AM
    I had to free up some space in my phone to install yesterday's update so my usual choice is to uninstall the office apps since they always reinstall themselves with every update (bug or feature?).

The thing is, yesterday that didn't happen so I had to reinstall them. No problem with excel and powerpoint but I couldn't manage to install word since the store shows it as installed even when going to My library but I'm positive the app isn't installed as it doesn't even appear in the storage settings.

And when I open word in store it loads, briefly shows "this product is installed" and then it closes.

Is there a solution? Or do I have to wait and see if it reinstalls with the next build?
    In storage, tap on Word and select Remove. Then go in Store, search Word and install again.
    Elsewhere, try SysApp pusher
    05-26-2016 12:27 PM
    Word doesn't show in Storage, so I can't tap and remove. And when I open the Word listing in the Store, it closes. Also, SysApp pusher didn't show the Office apps, and it would take me to the Store to download it so it would be kind of the same issue
    05-26-2016 03:33 PM

you've tried the usual soft reset?
    05-28-2016 04:49 AM
    Many times
    05-28-2016 10:41 AM
    Many times
    guess you'll have to wait for next build or do a hard reset again
    05-28-2016 10:53 AM
    I might have to. I have a couple other issues too so a hard reset may be in line for this weekend
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-28-2016 10:54 AM