W10M Insider Preview 10586.338 Discussion (Threshold Branch, inactive)

Siyabonga Bhengu

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 10586.338 Issues (Threshold Branch, Release Ring)

My 920 just went dead... Not panicking though, this also happened while i was on .164. Hope it comes back to life after a day or so.

vinayakm

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

Have an issue with Wifi with this build. When I unlock the phone after a screen timeout, wifi connection shows no internet. I know internet is working fine over the wifi 'cos I can browse on my laptop and other mobile devices connected to the same wifi. And when I turn off wifi on the phone and turn it back on, the internet starts working on the phone as well. Am I the only one?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Have an issue with Wifi with this build. When I unlock the phone after a screen timeout, wifi connection shows no internet. I know internet is working fine over the wifi 'cos I can browse on my laptop and other mobile devices connected to the same wifi. And when I turn off wifi on the phone and turn it back on, the internet starts working on the phone as well. Am I the only one?

this happens for me on the surface sometimes

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

It just shut down and wont start on pressing the power button. It does vibrate when i press the soft rest buttons, but it does not restart. I have experienced this before, hope it comes back to life.

out it on charging for a while and then check again

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 10586.338 Issues (Threshold branch, Release Ring)

I think apps load slower and battery life is worse. It drains fast even on standby. Lumia 1020

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Update:
My lumia 640 battery usage has settled at half of my wife's 640 running 8.1, although I easily get through a day.
HDR and Cortana remain unreliable.
Lag has decreased with smoother transitions.
Another problem has popped up. My phone tile has disappeared from my start screen. I can run it from the app screen, but "pin to start" is greyed out. Soft reset did nothing. Any ideas?
FYI, frankly, I'm too lazy to do a hard reset. I may do so after the anniversary update arrives.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Update:
My lumia 640 battery usage has settled at half of my wife's 640 running 8.1, although I easily get through a day.
HDR and Cortana remain unreliable.
Lag has decreased with smoother transitions.
Another problem has popped up. My phone tile has disappeared from my start screen. I can run it from the app screen, but "pin to start" is greyed out. Soft reset did nothing. Any ideas?
FYI, frankly, I'm too lazy to do a hard reset. I may do so after the anniversary update arrives.

Smetimes with earlier build I noticed one or two Start tiles become transparent. Check holdinh tap near around existent tiles. Then unpin and re-pin

SIARHEI KUCHUK

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

Music suddenly stops playing when i'm hearing the play list via Music app. There's no sound while volume is high and progress of playing comes. As a workaround i get phone, press Stop, Start and everything works fine again.

Listening to the music (except calls) is the area in which i'm using the phone most of the time.

But that problem existed even in other more unstable branches.

Hope it will be fixed one day.

Also i see the same issue in loco music app which means for me that the problem is in OS itself.
I feel frustrated about that because it longs for monthes and i like OS without linux garbage like Android but probably will have to think again if my phone will break about WP or IOS device.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Smetimes with earlier build I noticed one or two Start tiles become transparent. Check holdinh tap near around existent tiles. Then unpin and re-pin
Good idea, but did not work. I also tried a new background, but the tile is gone, not transparent....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Music suddenly stops playing when i'm hearing the play list via Music app. There's no sound while volume is high and progress of playing comes. As a workaround i get phone, press Stop, Start and everything works fine again.
Huh, I had this the other day. My car was saying the phone was connected, the timer was running so something was playing, car volume and phone bluetooth volume were both up, but no sound. I blamed myTube, but maybe it's the same bug you mention. This one's going to be hard to track down, at least for me it's a rare occurrence. Hope it generates crash logs.

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

It's a PITA. the only solution found was reset and NOT restore backup. No idea what the conflict is causing this.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-disappearance-phone-app-icon-start-page.html

It is really annoying that you have to hard reset, or I call it wipe your phone, as a "fix" for something like this, including blank or duplicate app list icons. Since this kinda of things happens quite often, Microsoft should provide a way just to reset the Start screen/app list. Come on, let's all "feedback" this. LOL.

Raiven21

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 10586.338 Issues (Threshold branch)

Hi had this issue as well. I tried soft resets, deleting temp files and map data and reinstalling w10m. It did not work for me. I then went back to wp8.1 using the recovery tool and then installed 10 again and it fixed the issue. Also make sure you set the windows insider app to release preview.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

It is really annoying that you have to hard reset, or I call it wipe your phone, as a "fix" for something like this, including blank or duplicate app list icons. Since this kinda of things happens quite often, Microsoft should provide a way just to reset the Start screen/app list. Come on, let's all "feedback" this. LOL.

Duplicate icons got a workaround in blog, weeks ago...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss