The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-27-2016 08:01 PM
200 1234 ...
tools
    Just finished installation. No issues to report as of yet. Installation was without issue. 950 XL US DS.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-02-2016 08:32 AM
    Did anyone tried to send photos to PC with cortana? It's not working for me.
    06-02-2016 08:40 AM
    Maybe, as SMS, both pc and phone must running Insider Fast last Redstone
    06-02-2016 08:51 AM
    I need to try this at home as my work laptop doesnt have the Preview Build. When I try it here, I get "no pc found nearby". I'm assuming the PC must be on the same wifi network as the phone.
    06-02-2016 09:45 AM
    I need to try this at home as my work laptop doesnt have the Preview Build. When I try it here, I get "no pc found nearby". I'm assuming the PC must be on the same wifi network as the phone.
    I'm on same Wi-Fi but laptop is not on latest build. Don't want to mess with my only laptop.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    06-02-2016 10:04 AM
    I'm on same Wi-Fi but laptop is not on latest build. Don't want to mess with my only laptop.
    Maybe needs bluetooth on both, she talks about "pc in the nearby"
    06-02-2016 10:14 AM
    So far enjoying this build. Everything is snappy on my 950. One bug that I have encountered, and it was present on the last build too, is trying to view and download images via Cortana image search. I can view the image results, but when I click on a specific image to view and download/save, Cortana will crash. Does anyone have this issue?
    gentry33 likes this.
    06-02-2016 10:48 AM
    Maybe needs bluetooth on both, she talks about "pc in the nearby"
    Got the same doubt and connected my Laptop and phone with Bluetooth. Still the same reply "can't find a pc nearby". It would be a lot better if MSFT release a video about this or our windows central guys should do a video on this cool new feature.
    06-02-2016 12:04 PM
    Got the same doubt and connected my Laptop and phone with Bluetooth. Still the same reply "can't find a pc nearby". It would be a lot better if MSFT release a video about this or our windows central guys should do a video on this cool new feature.
    I haven't read anything about, I guess it is a future feature
    06-02-2016 12:32 PM
    So far this new build is stable released for the insider fast ring. The new store UI is refreshing. The only issue is dual sim which is still being investigated
    My device: BLU Win HD LTE X150E.
    wp_ss_20160602_0001-1-.jpg
    wp_ss_20160602_0002-1-.png
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-02-2016 12:39 PM
    So far, this build seems just fine. The only issue I have is that I keep pictures on my SD card in a folder I created. I use those as wallpaper. When I want to change it up, I go to storage-sd card-file folder name and choose a picture. The "set as background" and "set as lock screen" options have disappeared. The only option is to "set as Photo tile." UGH. The only solution I can think of to try is to move the folder with all the pictures into the 'Pictures' folder. Or, do what I did this morning, which was open the One Drive folder and choose it from there. Has anyone else come across this?
    06-02-2016 12:55 PM
    These are issues , I am continuously facing in Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim

1. (Known ) - Not able to set mobile data and whatsapp keeps on loading whenever there is a restart . Solution : Soft lock once and then restart again
    2. Never ever recognizes my Band 2 and syncing is not at all possible till now

Since last 2 builds,
    3. Lockscreen dynamic updating is not happening with Awesome Lock

This build
    4. Edge is edgy , downloads not properly functioning and crashes
    5. Photos 'Set As' option is not like previous version.
    06-02-2016 01:34 PM
    All above, plus Camera App freezes and crashes when used on 950xl. So, no new features and more bugs. Great
    06-02-2016 01:44 PM
    So far enjoying this build. Everything is snappy on my 950. One bug that I have encountered, and it was present on the last build too, is trying to view and download images via Cortana image search. I can view the image results, but when I click on a specific image to view and download/save, Cortana will crash. Does anyone have this issue?
    Yes Same on 950xl
    Krystianpants and WayCool like this.
    06-02-2016 01:45 PM
    I had this issue on the release preview build .318 and now also have it on release preview build .338. on 318 everything was fine and then the issue just appeared.

I remember back in March (on whatever build I had at the time, don't recall) this happened and then one day it just stopped happening. Might be server side/regional. What area of the world are you in? I'm near Seattle WA.
    WayCool likes this.
    06-02-2016 01:46 PM
    Great, there was disabled and I cannot find the hidden settings ^_^
    What I did to get it back was go to the store and download "windows Voice recorder". It was uninstalled for some reason. Then Rebooted. Went to Settings > Phone, scroll down to choose apps and voice recorder should appear.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-02-2016 01:52 PM
    All above, plus Camera App freezes and crashes when used on 950xl. So, no new features and more bugs. Great
    That's not quite fair. There's a butt load of fixes this build, of many complained about issues. I'm super impressed with the lack of issues being reported so far this build(even if it is early)

Your camera crashing experience is not happening to me. If anything, my camera performance is better now with the SD card improvements made this build.
    06-02-2016 02:19 PM
    Maybe restart. Camera works fine on my 950XL. Only issue is that when you force HDR and go to edit, it doesn't actually let you use HDR. But that's been an issue for a while now.

Make sure you actually have the camera app installed. Sounds weird but some stuff gets uninstalled after builds. Windows voice recorder was uninstalled for me. And make sure your default camera app is the actual windows Camera one.
    06-02-2016 02:21 PM
    Same here. Cortana search is generally pretty buggy for me, constantly crashes when I'm trying to perform a search. I resort to Bing.com on edge.
    06-02-2016 02:40 PM
    On my 950 XL DS I am not seeing most of the posted issues. My Band 2 is also working flawlessly and syncing without issue other than an intermittent delay in notifications of texts.
    06-02-2016 02:52 PM
    Worked fine when I tried it. I opened a photo on my phone, then opened Cortana with the button and said "send this photo to my pc" - it popped up a list of the two machines I have on 14352 and my MS account associated with. I picked one, and a few seconds later the photos app opened on my pc and displayed the photo.
    RumoredNow and Mark Kaplan like this.
    06-02-2016 02:56 PM
    I upgraded to this from 14267.1002, so these are my experiences:

A Skype conversation I had in the past disappeared from Messaging. Is Skype still a part of the Messaging app?

Did they kill Insider hub? Can't open the installed app or find it in Store. EDIT: oh it is merged with the Feedback hub..but now I cannot uninstall the Insider hub from my app list.

Also, is it still possible to set what is displayed on Glance screen (I don't want the detailed status but it seems the setting is gone)?

Iris scanner doesn't fire up when no password is needed (i.e. if you turn of screen but turn it on again before the timeout for new login), which is good.

Overall experience seems a bit buggier, longer wait times etc., Store is a lot slower and buggy (updating apps doesn't work, some buttons don't show any text...).

I will let it rest for a day and hopefully the performance will improve.
    Last edited by longlifexs; 06-02-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    06-02-2016 03:27 PM
    After hard reset, can't check for updates and can't update the store. Tried hard reset once more and few soft resets, but still. Will downgrade now. Hope it won't be issue after upgrading again.
    And can't download keyboar suggestions for Serbian. Was able before.
    06-02-2016 03:33 PM

A Skype conversation I had in the past disappeared from Messaging. Is Skype still a part of the Messaging app?

Did they kill Insider hub? Can't open the installed app or find it in Store.

Also, is it still possible to set what is displayed on Glance screen (I don't want the detailed status but it seems the setting is gone)?

Iris scanner doesn't fire up when no password is needed (i.e. if you turn of screen but turn it on again before the timeout for new login), which is good.

Overall experience seems a bit buggier, longer wait times etc., Store is a lot slower and buggy (updating apps doesn't work, some buttons don't show any text...).

Can't help with the rest but the bolded above is an easy one. They integrated Insider into the Settings. You can now find it under Settings->Update and Security->Windows Insider Programme.

The Glance question I wouldn't mind an answer to as well, but that is more on Microsoft adding those options back than anything anyone here can say.
    longlifexs likes this.
    06-02-2016 03:41 PM

Did they kill Insider hub? Can't open the installed app or find it in Store.

Insider HUB: now Feedback HUB app
    Glance: may need to turn back on after update (what is displayed is set in Settings>Personalization>Lock Screen)
    Iris: don't know, don't use it

YES, give it a day, usually improves dramatically

Cheers!
    longlifexs and WayCool like this.
    06-02-2016 03:42 PM
200 1234 ...