W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I still have the ability to record phone calls in Settings->Phone->Default Apps

Under> Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls; it is grayed out and says "No compatible apps" in the text box? (950XL, DS, USA)

This feature had only just appeared (for me) in build .1004; I have used it a lot in that short time to verifying sales promises made...now it's gone (again, for me). Would like to get it back - ASAP!

UPDATE: although the above "was" accurate, I did a soft reset and made a test phone call, I saw the RECORD icon in a different spot on the keypad, pressed it - and instead of it being highlighted, it disappeared; but a recording timer showed on the keypad under caller's info - and when I checked under recorded calls, the recording was there and working.

Also re-checked the Settings, and the Voice Recorder is now appearing in the Text Box. GOOD DEAL!

Last edited:

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If there is no change from what you can see, then the experience is obviously still the same.

I find edge laggy and often freezes. Hit back and nothing happens etc.

No need to be a mind reader, and no need for agressive posts.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I need to try this at home as my work laptop doesnt have the Preview Build. When I try it here, I get "no pc found nearby". I'm assuming the PC must be on the same wifi network as the phone.

I'm on same Wi-Fi but laptop is not on latest build. Don't want to mess with my only laptop.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So far enjoying this build. Everything is snappy on my 950. One bug that I have encountered, and it was present on the last build too, is trying to view and download images via Cortana image search. I can view the image results, but when I click on a specific image to view and download/save, Cortana will crash. Does anyone have this issue?

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe needs bluetooth on both, she talks about "pc in the nearby"

Got the same doubt and connected my Laptop and phone with Bluetooth. Still the same reply "can't find a pc nearby". It would be a lot better if MSFT release a video about this or our windows central guys should do a video on this cool new feature.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Got the same doubt and connected my Laptop and phone with Bluetooth. Still the same reply "can't find a pc nearby". It would be a lot better if MSFT release a video about this or our windows central guys should do a video on this cool new feature.

I haven't read anything about, I guess it is a future feature

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
So far this new build is stable released for the insider fast ring. The new store UI is refreshing. The only issue is dual sim which is still being investigated
My device: BLU Win HD LTE X150E.
wp_ss_20160602_0001[1].jpg
wp_ss_20160602_0002[1].png

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So far, this build seems just fine. The only issue I have is that I keep pictures on my SD card in a folder I created. I use those as wallpaper. When I want to change it up, I go to storage-sd card-file folder name and choose a picture. The "set as background" and "set as lock screen" options have disappeared. The only option is to "set as Photo tile." UGH. The only solution I can think of to try is to move the folder with all the pictures into the 'Pictures' folder. Or, do what I did this morning, which was open the One Drive folder and choose it from there. Has anyone else come across this?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
These are issues , I am continuously facing in Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim

1. (Known ) - Not able to set mobile data and whatsapp keeps on loading whenever there is a restart . Solution : Soft lock once and then restart again
2. Never ever recognizes my Band 2 and syncing is not at all possible till now

Since last 2 builds,
3. Lockscreen dynamic updating is not happening with Awesome Lock

This build
4. Edge is edgy , downloads not properly functioning and crashes
5. Photos 'Set As' option is not like previous version.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So far enjoying this build. Everything is snappy on my 950. One bug that I have encountered, and it was present on the last build too, is trying to view and download images via Cortana image search. I can view the image results, but when I click on a specific image to view and download/save, Cortana will crash. Does anyone have this issue?

Yes Same on 950xl

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I had this issue on the release preview build .318 and now also have it on release preview build .338. on 318 everything was fine and then the issue just appeared.

I remember back in March (on whatever build I had at the time, don't recall) this happened and then one day it just stopped happening. Might be server side/regional. What area of the world are you in? I'm near Seattle WA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077